Kanye's Diamonds

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by NickelNine, Jun 17, 2005.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I am wondering what your thoughts and opinions are on Kanye West's song "Diamonds" aka Diamonds Are Forever/Sierra Leone. Kanye sampled a James Bond theme song for this track. Kanye West's upcoming album is called Late Registration due out later this year.

I personally think this song is better than all of the tracks on College Dropout. I also think he is a lot better lyrically on this track than all of but one track off College Dropout.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

The song's message is conflicted and unfocused. Some of the lyrics are nice, and the beat is dope though.

Justin

Justin See you there

I'm listening to the remix with Jay-Z in it. Basically, in the remix, Kanye raps about the suffering of children who are basically slaves working in the diamond mines of Sierra Leone. Jay-Z raps about his ongoing feud with former partner Damon Dash. The music video is/was shot in Prague.

Here's another mtv article about Kanye's sophomore album 'Late Registration'; release date has been pushed back to August. I can't wait; this album is definitely going to be one of my favourites of this year. Kanye Previews New LP

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I haven't heard the song yet, but I'm awaiting this album. I think West is great. His lyrical work is great/good, and his production is ace.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I heard part of the song this morning. Awesome use of sampling imo.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The song is great and the remix with Jay is crazy, I really like how the message of the song was more than The Great Rocafella it was about Sierra Leone. I think a song like Diamonds from Sierra Leone can really put Rocafella back on top like Jay said :

"People lined up to see the Titanic sinking
    Instead, we rose from the ashes like a phoenix
    If you waitin' for end of the Dynasty sign
    It would seem like forever, it's a mighty long time"

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Wicked song, some of his best work.