Kid Cudi - Satellite Flight: The Journey To Mother Moon

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Apop, Feb 25, 2014.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Viper224

Viper224 Well-Known Member

I like it and the physical copy is supposed to have a couple extra tracks too. I have no idea what to expect from MOTM3 now.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Not in a hurry to listen to this tbh. I grew out of him around when the second album dropped. Might check this out eventually at some point.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Same here! Scott mentioned in a tweet some time back that Satelittle Flight is supposed to be the bridge between MOTM2 and MOTM3. I like the sound he created with this album, though. I'd like to see him expand on it and maybe include a few "Cudder" raps the next time around. I've had it on repeat all day, though.

Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

wait a second, i'm confused. Hasn't he been ON the moon for the past two albums? Why is he going on journey to a place he's already at?

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Good point, haha. I think the story is that the first two were about dreams, and this album is the travel to the moon. Of course, that could and probably is all bull shit, I'm just speculating. :lol:

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

What is it with artists nowadays dropping tracks and albums with little or no notice? First Kanye, then Beyoncé, then Coldplay and now Kid Cudi? There's something fishy goin' on...

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

While this album was a surprise, we knew Kid Cudi was releasing at the very least an EP this month. I fact that he made it an album was done with little notice. Although, it could be noted that four tracks on the album are instrumentals. I think this was mostly done because, since Indicud, Scott has been really into making his own beats and I think this was him showing what he's learned.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Listened to this on first play and got bored.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

cudi the gawd.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/0...atellite-flight-sobriety-latest-path-in-music

Among many surprising answers from Cudi, he mentions about how he was upset with his feature on Yeezus. Here's what was said:

I think he has every right to feel upset. I'm surprised Kanye didn't just call him up and have him re-do his vocal or help with production. My understanding was that they were on relatively good terms. What're your thoughts?

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Kanye is a fuckwit.