Leave Out All The Rest

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EagleMorph, Aug 24, 2007.

Naazon

Naazon Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that that will happen. Just dunno why i just dont think it will...

LP (well.. Mike i think) have actually said that they like to keep meanings to them selves 'cause music is about discovering the meaning, which will then make the song more meaningful to you. or sumthing along those lines :p

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

They've historically had many good singles from ALL of their albums so I'm not sure where this type of thinking is coming from..... :ermm:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

first, that's one interpretation of the song's lyrics - not the inspiration for the song. just because you hear one "meaning" doesn't mean it's the only possible "meaning" the song has. the thing with LP's lyrics are that they're open to interpretation; the band prides themselves in writing music that are universally relatable. i guess they cut back on that a little bit with "hands held high" and "the little things give you away" and the like, but, mostly, yeah, they use universal emotions. and they keep it vague so that it can appeal to as many people as possible.

and comparing that to "papercut" being dedicated to the fans is ... wrong. "papercut" may be dedicated at shows to the LPU and the street team but that's not who it was inspired by, nor is the song about them.