LIES GREED MISERY REACTION THREAD

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, May 24, 2012.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

It's a breath of fresh air and I really like it. It's just plain fucking sick imo.

bfoley4685

bfoley4685 Member

I was exaggerating. I'm not a musician,your right. Im sure it took a lot of thinking and work to make. It just sounds like there wasn't much thought or effort put into it. Funny thing is the part I like (chorus,end) I here a lt of people saying they don't like and the part that ruins the song for me( the verses) people seem to really dig. I don't mind the electronic stuff usually but to me the main beat/melody during the verse simply doesn't sound good to my ears. Trust me I wanna like it. I've listen to it about 10 times. I don't hate it cuz I love linkin park but if I never heard it again it wouldn't bother me.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

This isn't them trying to be different. This is them jumping on the dubstep bandwagon and doing their thing with the style. It's not a track that will turn the world upside down, but for what it is, it's extremely good.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

8th grade spanish is seriously failing me right me now :lol:

I honestly don't see how the song is dubstep in ANY way. The BPM is nowhere near 140. This is much faster than traditional dubstep. There is no distintive wobble or dubstep-like percussion. It sounds more like indie rock.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Attention, how the FUCK is this a boy band/pop song? Because of Mike's rap?

Chester practically screams bloody murder at the end of the song, and shouts for at least 80% of the track. I'd like to see Nsync make a track with this much aggression.

HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

I hear no dubstep in this at all.

That being said, the high quality made a tremendous difference. I liked it before. Now I fucking love it.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

After The Catalyst was being called techno I realized Linkin Park fans have absolutely zero sense of what musical genres are and how they are defined. LGM being called dubstep or bubblegum/boyband pop is just getting the same facedesk reaction as last time. :facepalm:

it is pop though. Linkin Park are making popular music.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Apparently dubstep has broadened to not just be WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB anymore.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's not Techno, Boy-Band Pop, Dubstep or trance. But that's irrelevant as to if the song is good or not.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

If we talk about genre, I don't even know how we could put this track into a category

Electro Hardcore Rap Rock? :lol:

Vriska

Probably a mix of genres like that is the best way to go about it.

I could see it being slightly drumstep, only because of the tempo.

Schmo

Schmo Active Member

Honestly don't understand all the hate for this track. This is such a breath of fresh air compared to Burn It Down, which I kind of disliked. It's so out of the norm for Linkin Park to do. I also don't know why everyone is complaining about the end? The angry, pissed off end to this song, contrasts very nicely with the more upbeat verse and chorus of the song. Also, Mike's rapping is great. Top notch. He just keeps improving his rap game with each album.

And, the most important part is, you can really tell the band is happy with this. They really are making what they want to make now. I'd rather have them make good music and think outside of the box, than make weird music for the sake of making weird music.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I have seen a lot more positive reactions than negative ones, there isn't really a hate towards this track. I personnally love it!

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

This sounds like NIN/Angelspit but with rap.

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Love it! It's one of those tracks you have to hear with good cans/speakers. The beat knocks and the last chorus with the drums banging, awesome. Short and sweet.

Vriska

There's more to a genre besides temp- oh wait I'm trying to explain music to Rebecca Black. Aborting now.

20. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

It's amazing. Miles better than Burn it Down. Love Chester's little screaming part at the end. Really brightened the song up for me. But what stood out was the variety the song offered. It had a hint of rap from Shinoda, a short and sweet duration, heavy ending and bridge, and to top it all off, their awesome new sound mixed with some rock. I needed more speakers to listen to this one. It's one that grows on you fast. Really good effort from these guys, makes me believe they can pull off another good album