Like Linkin Park? Check out Riverline!

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by MagmaXtreme, Mar 4, 2014.

?

What do you think of the music made by Riverline?

1. Great / Amazing!

14.3%
  2. Meh / Ok

35.7%
  3. Not very good / Fall short

50.0%
    MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Sure the names are similar to the names of some LP demos, but the music is what's important. I don't see how Drawing is the same as any LP demo (it kinda reminds me of divided or pale but it's still quite different from those, it has a style I don't think LP has done yet).

Megatron also has some sounds in there that LP haven't used (excluding the piano tune), and has a unique vibe to it.

Riverline have a song called "Reasons" which is unlike anything LP have ever done so I don't see how they can be considered to not have their own style.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I do see some similarities, but not sure that they are actually copying them so to speak. Their material sounds more electronic to me than HT and Meteora (and the demos of those times).

Songs like "Reasons", "Drawing", "Clover" and "Legendary" and "For You" (on their vk page) , "Splash" don't sound LIKE or the SAME as LP to me, they sound like Riverline.

They use sounds in their songs that to me give off a different vibe that makes it feel unique and fresh.

Keep in mind they're not just LP fanboys supposedly trying to copy them, they're inspired by other bands too and their material shows that.