limpbizkit New Album Info

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Cal, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

And immature.

I think the new album is awesome. It shows that limpbizkit can still keep their trademark sound while still sounding like they've actually evolved. The only other band that I've heard that can do that is P.O.D. and possibly Adema. [/b][/quote]
    POD? I respect them a bit. Adema? Evolved sound?? Well, its hard when you use the same song structures, the same time sigs, have a copy of Jonathan Davis for a singer, and they sound like a korn minus some heaviness. POD has a good bassist and have some good songs, but as LB said, and they got one thing right: Radio is dead. There are basically no good mainstream bands out these days. The only ones I can think of are Evanescence, APC, and LP because they have a nice sound but they need to come up with something big for their next album for me to keep that opinion. LB is a perfect example of how Radio's dead.

Do you hear anymore groundbreaking artists like Queen, Led Zeppelin, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush, King Crimson, Jimmy Hendrix........the list goes on and on in the 70s and 80s. These were very talented people that were mainstream, and todays radio lacks the creativity and TALENT that those bands had. Its sad......

2. ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

POD? I respect them a bit. Adema? Evolved sound?? Well, its hard when you use the same song structures, the same time sigs, have a copy of Jonathan Davis for a singer, and they sound like a korn minus some heaviness. POD has a good bassist and have some good songs, but as LB said, and they got one thing right: Radio is dead. There are basically no good mainstream bands out these days. The only ones I can think of are Evanescence, APC, and LP because they have a nice sound but they need to come up with something big for their next album for me to keep that opinion. LB is a perfect example of how Radio's dead.

Do you hear anymore groundbreaking artists like Queen, Led Zeppelin, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush, King Crimson, Jimmy Hendrix........the list goes on and on in the 70s and 80s. These were very talented people that were mainstream, and todays radio lacks the creativity and TALENT that those bands had. Its sad...... [/b][/quote]
    Agree. I still listen to the radio alot, but the station I listen to is mostly a rock station that plays some new stuff and lots of old stuff, so its true...Radio Is Dead

3. Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

music is dying, theres gonna be a musical evolution, even mtv have sold out, 10 years ago, it was all about the music, now its all stupid programs and mayby a britney spears video every 8 hours. radio is covered with pop songs which get over played to the max, songs are getting sad, like 'The Fast Food Rockers' and 'The Cheeky Girls', and pop idol and popstars arnt helping, with their manufactured bands which are getting old, numetal is dying in my view, limpbizkit woudnt be classed so much as numetal with songs like 'Underneath the Gun' ect, i would call them alternate rock

4. Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

well you're right but I don't think nu metal is dying... There are some great bands like LP, AAF, Crazy Town... and you know we are listening nu metal we're supportin' it.. then I don't think nu metal is gonna die...

5. Cal

lp yes, new aaf sucks, and crazy town will never release another song.....

6. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Considering all of this, people are saying that Rock is the new Pop... Meaning more people are starting to like it meaning more people like crappy bands and then more bands are pushed into the mainstream and people start to think they have 'sold out' and start to like underground stuff...

7. ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

Radio is dead for sure...listen to Creamer and Gimme the Mic...2 awesome songs on the outcome of music these days

8. Methybrea

Guys, CHECK out some non-mainstream/underground rock (for example, Dredg and The Mars Volta!) and progressive rock (not on radios! Try Dream Theater, Symphony X, Pain of Salvation - 'Used' is a good song, Opeth if you like heavy stuff)

You will be amazed at the quality and talent of bands that you never knew EXISTED. A shame that such talented people cannot get popular just because many people cannot handle unique music, they like formulaic stuff that you don't need to get used to. I'm not denying that about myself, its a fact for everyone. Break that trend and explore!

9. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Do you hear anymore groundbreaking artists like Queen, Led Zeppelin, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush, King Crimson, Jimmy Hendrix........the list goes on and on in the 70s and 80s. These were very talented people that were mainstream, and todays radio lacks the creativity and TALENT that those bands had. Its sad...... [/b][/quote]
    You obviously don't follow P.O.D. and Adema as closely as I do.

P.O.D. has evolved greatly since their inception. Their sound now is nothing like it was on their first real album, Snuff The Punk, and none of their albums sound anything alike. All their albums sound different from the previous album while still keeping their trademark sound.

As for Adema, their sophomore album and their debut album sound nothing alike. Adema keeps their trademark sound, sure, but their second album doesn't sound like a copy of their debut album, and alot of bands have problems with that.

limpbizkit's new album is an example of how they finally evolved. Their first 3 albums sound alike, and suddenly you have Results May Vary. It's definitely a step-up from their older stuff. It's definitely got limpbizkit's trademark sound, but it's aslo definitely different from their previous 3 albums.

10. Methybrea

You obviously don't follow P.O.D. and Adema as closely as I do.

P.O.D. has evolved greatly since their inception. Their sound now is nothing like it was on their first real album, Snuff The Punk, and none of their albums sound anything alike. All their albums sound different from the previous album while still keeping their trademark sound.

As for Adema, their sophomore album and their debut album sound nothing alike. Adema keeps their trademark sound, sure, but their second album doesn't sound like a copy of their debut album, and alot of bands have problems with that.

limpbizkit's new album is an example of how they finally evolved. Their first 3 albums sound alike, and suddenly you have Results May Vary. It's definitely a step-up from their older stuff. It's definitely got limpbizkit's trademark sound, but it's aslo definitely different from their previous 3 albums.
    [/quote]
    ??? I was saying compared to the bands above, that mainstream rock now is shabby in comparison. You cannot compare musicians like Freddie Mercury, Roger Waters, Neil Peart, Tony Levin, and Jimmy Page to the musicians that comprise bands like Limp Bizkit, Adema, and POD. That was the point I was trying to get across. I think you should listen to some Zeppelin or Floyd!!!

11. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

??? I was saying compared to the bands above, that mainstream rock now is shabby in comparison. You cannot compare musicians like Freddie Mercury, Roger Waters, Neil Peart, Tony Levin, and Jimmy Page to the musicians that comprise bands like Limp Bizkit, Adema, and POD. That was the point I was trying to get across. I think you should listen to some Zeppelin or Floyd!!!
    [/quote]
    I do listen to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. Their two of my dad's favorite bands, so I listen to them alot. You missed my point, though, because you said that Adema didn't evolve or something. They have evolved and Mark's vocals don't sound anything like Jonathon Davis's.

12. erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

OMG! This album is so amazing! It's just like every other LB album but with that extra trendyness of copying whinny nu-metalness! OMFG!!!! THEY SO RULE!!! LYRICS SO DEEP OMFG!!!!

O, and BTW, Teenies suck!!!

B)

13. Cal

3 dollar bill ya'll$ and csathdfw sound nothing alike

14. Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Damn, when will someone understand it? The are no "mainstream" or quality and legend bands. It's in what each one of us likes. But seems like everyone is suddenly "cool" and finds it fashionable to say that old bands are better than Linkin, Limp or whatever. It happened in the '60, th '70, the '80, it's always happening: what's mainstream is "uncool".

15. Methybrea

That's suprising that you listened to them. If you like them, try todays (90s) prog rock which is quite a bit like 70s Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

And if you like his vocals, then, I'm thinking: Who am I to argue? I like his voice too, I was just trying to say that there are a lot of unnoticed great rock bands!

16. Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I got the album yesterday. I think its good but some of the songs are a bit boring.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Newer artists do not want to sound like the classic rock of the 70's because incase you've been living under a rock, music has changed over the years, the music you compare the bands of today to is not only aged but way too different in terms of style to even compare them to the bands that are out there today. For example; Jimi Hendrix was psychadelic rock, which if you think about it, is a totally different style then that of limpbizkit, same with Pink Floyd, they are nowhere near the style of limpbizkit.

I mean don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problems with any of the bands you've listed as I personally love Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix, but for you to even compare them to the bands of 2003, well it's just insane. It's rare for a band to come along and leave a permanent mark on the music industry like Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix have managed to do. Things like that happen once every few years. The only bands that have managed to share a similar glory as of late are Metallica and Nirvana (despite being broken up due to Kurt Cobain's suicide), newer bands seem to come and go and nobody can be certain if Linkin Park will share the same fate, or be around for the next 20 years. Either way, you cant spend your life comparing new artists to classic bands like Pink Floyd. You just have to go with the flow.

18. Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

^Right. The Beetles were the most famous band in the '60s, but nowadays they wouldn't stand a chance to have an album contract with a big company. It is all about the current mainstream.

19. American Nothing

American Nothing Well-Known Member

I love Limp Bizkit.

20. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

It's a bit bizarre how this went from Limpbizkit's new album to talking about 60's - 80's music :wth:.