Linkin Park and iTunes

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CloserToCrawling, Sep 23, 2004.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Everybody should know about iTunes, and if you ever checked, Linkin Park is barely on iTunes. When you search their name in the music store, the result is like 1 song. But iTunes is cheaper than ordering on Amazon or going to stores to buy them, so my question is, if Linkin Park was broadly available on iTunes for a cheaper price, would you buy it there instead? Or would you continue to support them 100% and go out and physically buy the CD? :innocent:

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

Physically go out and buy the CD..saves you the downloading time
    :whistle:

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Support 100% and go out and buy their cd. I don't know what Itunes are :)unsure: ) and LP is my favorite band, and thats saying a lot because I don't wait for any other band to come out with a new cd...oh the interent, it just really kills my ability to make any sense unless I talk pretentiously.

Jennster

Jennster "That's hot."

same.

reignweststrate

reignweststrate Member

Linkin Park has expressedtheirviews on putting their music on iTunes and other pay-music downloading programs. Theywant to be known for their albums, not individual songs that are served as singles. They think that you can enjoy an album better than downloading one single and listening to it over and over again. That is why they chose not to put individual songs.

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

whoa that's deep dude. But I dont think their albums yet have the potential to be great as a whole like say Blink-182's untitled album.

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

ah, excuse me? <_<

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:mellow:

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

:mellow: [/b][/quote]
    yes, thats probably the best way to express my feelings on that comment :mellow:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I like that they want to be known for albums. This would have people listen to the whole albums and not the singles all the time.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Well considering that if you buy songs online, the artist makes less than a nickel per sale. At least when you buy the CD, the artist makes 1$ profit and it covers some of their production costs as well. People, please, if you really want to support a band, don't use online mp3 vendors.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I'd go out and get it, i would download it too, but thats just to have it on my computer. i do that with all the good albums i have.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Like it was said before in this thread, Linkin Park would rather have their entire album for download for one fee then have each song individually downloaded because it takes away from the impact of the whole album.

Say someone downloaded Nobody's Listening and hated it (it happens to be my least favorite track on Meteora), they would think Linkin Park weren't that decent and then never get a chance to hear such amazing songs as "Breaking The Habit" or even "From The Inside".

Linkin Park lost over 4.6 Million sales of Hybrid Theory from downloading. LP have always been supportive of the internet, for its how they got recognized, but if you were getting ripped off for that long too, you'd eventually have to step up and say something.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I understand their point completely, but the thing I dont understand is that on iTunes, there are some tracks that can only be purchased with the album....meaning, if you want the songs, you HAVE to buy the entire album...why doesn't LP just do that?

Neil

Or... you could just buy the CD and rip it, then you'd have the whole entire album on your PC, legally (assuming you don't share the mp3s)

shwadizzle

shwadizzle Member

you can download entire LP albums on Napster, the iTunes rival. Its not as good... I have both (Napster is free for me cuz the university i attend gave us all a free year trial :D )

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: ,great joke, dude :lol: :lol: :lol:
    You weren't joking!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!
    Well, I'll still laugh at it :lol:

And yeah, I'd prefer to buy it physically, because I tried to download each song off Meteora, and it was such a waste of time, because I couldn't find Nobody's Listening and I said "screw it" and I bought it... and it was way better.... :)

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Well, I didn't mean to post this topic as an agitation or offense to anybody. I just was wondering about it, so I hope I didn't irritate anybody. :whistle:

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

well you sure started something to make a lot of enemies for me.

Neil

No, YOU started making enemies for yourself :D. Don't pass off your actions onto others.