Linkin Park Announce New Live Album 'ONE MORE LIGHT LIVE' Releasing December 15th

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 15, 2017.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Remains to be seen

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

That letter is beautiful. :(

Stormzy & Chester messed up on GG in the O2 Arena show so I guess it will be the audio from the Brixton show.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Extended intro/solo on WID, whatever they did to BIO at any given show, Mike's alternate verse on Good Goodbye, stripped down Sharp Edges, and depending which show ITE is from we might get that crowd acapella thing they tried at a few shows early in the tour.

Michele, Serenity and Sasuke like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The Crawling Version is so beautiful :cry:

Sasuke likes this.
    chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Seriously excited for this release. It's gonna be an emotional listening for sure. :cry:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Totally forgot that the stripped down SE wasn't just for the Tribute show, damn. Forgot how beautiful it was. :cry:

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Immediately pre-ordered 2 copies of the CD version of the One More Light Live album, one copy for me and one for my girlfriend. If there's one real regret I have this year is the fact my girlfriend and her family couldn't come with me to the Birmingham show this year, so I guess this is the next best thing for my girlfriend and she can always share this with her Mum and Step-Dad.

I'm excited to hear this, Chester's vocals were fantastic on the One More Light tour, he really showed his impressive range on a lot of OML tracks, so it will be nice to hear that as well as having proper recordings of the new live songs and having the extended versions of tracks like Leave Out All The Rest, Bleed It Out, What I've Done, etc.

Can't wait!

Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

This is great! Cant wait! Do you guys think theyll do anything for the LPU17? Hope they release demos and unreleased songs with Chester on all of it, i think thatd be awesome to do.

zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

I find it ironic that some hardcore fans accuse the band of profiting from a tragedy.The band is doing everything they can to remember Chester and remind the world of how great he was, yet some people complain. The band handled the tragic situation perfectly and I can't think right now of any other band that did the same to honor their fallen lead singer. They could have easily gone silent and done nothing,which is 100% understandable, but they didn't. Amazing people..

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

So much hyped for this. This is such an amazing gesture of showing love and respect for Chester. It's been a while since RTR.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I really hope they do something cool for LPU but I'm thinking it's still way too soon. Who knows if there's even going to be an LPU17.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Stoked to be able to hear Nobody Can Save Me in high quality audio.

Louis and Iopia like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I hope they do something special. I could definitely see them releasing some unreleased demos, or if they have the energy, even working a few into full songs à la Across The Line, No Roads Left, Pretend To Be, or even a full EP (I can dream... :lol:).

I don't think we should expect anything in particular and just be grateful for what we do get, but I would be surprised if the band doesn't have a bunch of Chester demos in the vault, especially from the OML sessions since they started writing vocals so early on. And while maybe right now would be too soon to work on them/release them, I'd be surprised if the band decided not to release them at some point down the line.

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

It stays hard to watch.. just five names signing off under the letter

Ordered two just now. One for me and one for my brother with whom I went to almost every show together starting at Pinkpop 2007..
    Nice little gift for sharing ten awesome years and ending an era.
    I am very curious as to where all the recordings are from!

Also still hoping for the guys to find the strength to keep on going, we'll be here to back them up :)

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Here are my thoughts:

1. Im not a big fan of live albums but with Linkin Park it's always been different. I LOVE that they are doing something like this.

2. Even though I like the idea, I wish we had gotten the tribute concert on CD/DVD instead. I know that would have been a logistical nightmare but it's what I really wanted to see. This basically confirms that we never get a CD/DVD of the tribute show.

3. I think the track list is good but I'm not sure how they came up with it. The One More Light songs were obvious (and I'm really glad we get to have live versions of thsee songs) but the rest of the track list seems just thrown together randomly other than the songs mostly being "soft." I understand leaving out older songs since we have Live in Texas but I don't understand why there is so many songs from the Minutes to Midnight Era when we have Road to Revolution. The fact we got 0 A Thousand Songs makes me sad. I really feel like this track list could have been longer or focused on more songs where we don't have official live versions released. WTFE, Iridescent, Wastelands, amd something more from Living Things would have been great additions to this already great track listing.

4. I'm sure it will be, but I really hope it gets put on Spotify!

5. Contrary to what I said above, I would have loved to see Breaking the Habit on this soundtrack. Because we all know deep down inside we need one more live version of Breaking the Habit :halfkappa:

And I want to note that I'm not complaining one bit. I think this is a great idea, I just really wanted a CD of the tribute show and would have included more recent songs from ATS and LT!

Ksandory and ciao_fiv like this.
    kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

I was kind of anticipating that maybe they would release a greatest hits compilation or something like that, but this is pretty cool too. I was really hoping that they would one day release the piano version of Crawling when they first performed it back when Heavy came out. These guys are some of the most classy and professional people in the industry with how they handled this tragedy. If not for them, we probably would've lost Chester a lot sooner. I could not be more proud to be a Linkin Park fan.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I hope they just swapped BID with Castle of Glass Experience with It's Goin Down verse. That version was dope. Swap New Divide with WFTE.

Iopia likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's unfortunate that WFTE isn't in there but that's really my only gripe. :)

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

So true. While I was over in the States for the show, I got into many a conversation with randoms at shops, etc (because I was wearing my LP snap back everywhere) and quite a few of them commented on the band profiting off his death. I asked them if they realised that proceeds from the show were going to a charity and that shut them up pretty quickly. Most of them had no idea.

What they have done since has truly been remarkable. I don't know how they find the strength. I was a mess for at least the first half of the show. And I think part of that stemmed from seeing them up there, pushing on, performing so well and managing to wear a smile while they did it. It broke my heart yet made me respect them even more than I already do (and I didn't think that would be possible).

I was watching through some of the gig the other day and invited my aunty to watch the Alanis Morissette parts with me (she's a fan of hers) and she stayed on and watched at least another 8-10 more songs before dinner was ready. When those finished she was in tears. I think for someone who is only a casual fan to be moved that profoundly just from watching the stream speaks volumes about how moving that gig (and everything else they've done around his death really) was.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

When will the Cd be shipped? Should it come before December 15?