Linkin Park being Headlining Lollapalooza?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Pay-per-cut, Jul 6, 2012.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

Hello fellow LPA members, I was wondering if Linkin Park is headlining or even simply is being a surpise band in the headling for this years Lollapalooza in Chicago? I checked on the website's page under line up, and googled all over and they are not mentioned ANYWHERE.

Now, I'm not a newb or a troll, if they were headlining this concert in my HOMETOWN I would have found out one way or an other earlier in the year, but my local radio stations keep advertising that they are showing up!

:facepalm:

WHAT GIVES?

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Just looking at the Lolla line up & it looks like they have their headliners. LP are headliners, & if they were playing it would have been announced long since.

The only way I see it happening is them doing a shorter surprise set as a warm up show for the tour. But that's a gigantic longshot. LP are a big band, the festival organisers would advertise the shit out of them being there.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

Yup, exactly. Red Hot Chilli Peppers are headlining this year. As a matter of fact, Lolla is low budget stuff, tickets are cheap, and in some cases, people fence hop and get into the performances because it is held in a public park. So it is very unlikely they will ever headline Lolla in the near future. Plus, they are busy with the Honda Civics tour, which they will be in town later that month. No point in doing a warmup for a few songs, leave town to continue their own tour, then come back a few days later.

Ooooooh, some radio stations are going to get a few phone calls from me for messing with my head about a sold out concert. Almost giving me a heart attack...