Linkin Park in america

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by JJ, Feb 15, 2004.

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

Where I'm from, everyone either listens to rap or country, so there's a very small percentage of LP fans at my school. There are maybe twenty kids at my school who are openly rock fans; no one else talks about music. But LP are probably one of the more popular rock bands around here.

HybridCubanX

HybridCubanX Active Member

It wouldn't be that much of a longshot to consider Linkin Park the BIGGEST band in the US currently.

And I'm not referring to bands in terms of longevity (As those distinctions clearly go to such bands like Metallica, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc) but in terms of Biggest Acts and popularity, Linkin Park is really untouched. Their albums have collectively sold more than any other "new" bands and the fact that they consistently own the Billboard Rock charts weeks on end whenever a new single is released speaks volumes to their popularity.

Can you really name another band that garners as much attention (Whether it be love or hate) than Linkin Park? :chaz:

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I totally agree with you

Evanescence is getting close though

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

And they didn't exactly give any reasons why they think they suck. [/b][/quote]
    I can give a few reasons as to why I would/do dislike Linkin Park, but I really actually do like Linkin Park.

I'm quite different from most of you here, I think. I prefer Linkin Park's softer songs (ie: Numb, Breaking The Habit, In The End, etc.) because I can relate to those songs.

I think Linkin Park is smart for releasing the softer songs. They realize that, unlike in the 90s, no teenager is really upset about anything. Teenagers are to depressed to be angry these days. Thus the softer songs becoming more popular.

Unlike in 2000, where Crawling & One Step Closer were insane hits. Granted they'd still make tons of money if they were released today, but not many people can relate to "SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU" or something.

That's just my opinion though.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I can give a few reasons as to why I would/do dislike Linkin Park, but I really actually do like Linkin Park.

I'm quite different from most of you here, I think. I prefer Linkin Park's softer songs (ie: Numb, Breaking The Habit, In The End, etc.) because I can relate to those songs.

I think Linkin Park is smart for releasing the softer songs. They realize that, unlike in the 90s, no teenager is really upset about anything. Teenagers are to depressed to be angry these days. Thus the softer songs becoming more popular.

Unlike in 2000, where Crawling & One Step Closer were insane hits. Granted they'd still make tons of money if they were released today, but not many people can relate to "SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU" or something.

That's just my opinion though. [/b][/quote]
    That's actually really interesting to think about... Are teenagers more depressed, as oppsed to angry? Or is it just another musical trend?

As far as LP's music goes, I like the loud/soft songs pretty evenly...My absolute favorites would probably be Breaking The Habit and Forgotten.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

why are they stupid?

it's called an opinion. get over it. [/b][/quote]
    This is an opinion:

I dont like linkin park. I Think they're music is bad because they dont use acoustic guitars.

This is an #######:

www.linkinparksucks.com/idontgiveareasonwhyihatethem.html

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

since when do people have to back up their opinions?

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

When you dont back up an opinion you make yourself look like an idiot.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I don't really mind the slower songs, but having four of them on Meteora just doesn't seem to fit right. From The Inside, Numb, and Breaking The Habit have their place - but Somewhere I Belong just feels so alone with album for me.

The reason why Linkin Park is hated because they have no credibility as musicians. Period. The singles they have released do not showcase Mike and Chester's talents as songwritters, either. So, what do you expect?

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I like the softer songs more too.....

What song would you chose to show Mikes and Chesters talents as song writters?