Linkin Park in the Future (2011-2020)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cylock_Dnb, Sep 23, 2010.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I say it a lot but, they really do need to drop the keyboards and synthesizers and the whole "we gotta make an epic" attitude and be confident enough musicians to make something without 400 layers of whatever. Which isn't to say 'Go back to Hybrid Theory', since even that was produced to hell and back, but I'd like to see them actually create an album as a band and not have Mike piece together one in ProTools and ask the guys for a riff or a scratch here and there.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I have to admit I really agree with you here. Kind of how Thrice went from the Alchemy Index to Beggars. From huge epic to "hey I play this he plays that, let's get in a room and be the best at that."

I would love to hear "band in a room" record. Something where when you hear it live it really showcases everyone's strength. Incubus had that down on their earlier records.

BUT I think the problem is no one has a real strength. Or they choose not to use them. I've always seen LP as a band of composers, not band members. A band like RHCP I think "amazing bass player", "amazing guitar". With LP it's just "amazing songwriters". Mike probably plays as well as Brad, especially since he said most of the guitar on ATS was Mike (don't know if he meant recorded or composed). Phoenix hasn't shown anything awesome period. Rob is about the only band member that excites me with his actual performances on some songs.

I love they went crazy with ATS. It has a vibe, an atmosphere instead of just songs together. I feel the weight and mood. But I'd also like to see what they can do with the bare minimum. How Trent used to put restrictions on himself. Say "Two guitars with pedals. A bass. Drums. One keyboard. Turntables and a sampler." That's it unless the song calls for a little more.

Edit: Blackee- I also feel like your post points out a big weakness LP does have compared to other big bands. They have said themselves they're not that good at sitting in a room and playing, jamming or recording. It seems like if you give them a couple of takes they'll get it (it's not that hard) but they don't like to get everyone in a room and play a song all the way through, then add overdubs. Maybe it's because they like that "Pro Tools" sound of everything being clean with no mic bleed.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

For their Fifth Album, I only request two things:

1. Don't listen to any of the people in this forum as well as any other LP fan/non fan, and do whatever they want to do (If they want to make Friday 2.0, let them do it LOL)
    2. Name the Album "We Love Pissing Off Our Fans" :awesome:

EDIT: If they listened to number one, they wouldn't make that album name :'(

GekiLPL

GekiLPL Guest

A lot of people seem to think LP will use only synthesizers and drum machines and stuff on the 5th album like they did with most of ATS, but I think opposite. I guarantee that LP will do something totally different from ATS, and the rest of the albums. They like to do something completely different every time they make an album. Who knows what the next album will bring, I'm really excited for it.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

That's pretty awesome right there lol