Linkin Park making Metal (Malathion+Tritonus (2008 Berlin Demo)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by rocker94, Jun 1, 2015.

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;lPORVszTxD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPORVszTxD0[/video]

I just found this song of the LPU XIV and it's incredible!

After the experience of THP, I would like that LP will work on similar material like the song, an a harder evolution of THP. What do you think?

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

In comparison to THP, this song is really weak imo. The piano intro is nice, but the song is begging for a solo, even if it's just one of Brad's not so great ones. Rob's drumming is below his standards, too.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's from 2008, and it's probably a seriously-unpolished rough

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

It's just okay.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Haha yep I think it'd be awesome! Did you see this in my post in Random LP Chat?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think these guys will surprise us as always since 2004 :)kappa:)

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Ew god no. I can't really see them making a metal album, nor would I ever want them to.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Those are sampled drums. Every kick and snare is exactly the same.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I'm one of those people on the side of that the heavier Linkin Park's music gets, the worse it gets. Them doing a full on "Metal" album would be a bad idea in my opinion. That being said, I'd love to see what they could do if they did a Punk album in the vein of War, one of the big highlights on The Hunting Party for me (though I know a lot of people would disagree with that sentiment). Songs like Guilty All the Same and A Line in the Sand are cool in concept, but suffer from having actually interesting ideas. The Punk format would work great for them due to the short nature of Punk songs, which have tons of energy packed into such a short amount of time. War proves to me that they could do Punk fucking great.

[video=youtube;0QWq_mJV7uU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QWq_mJV7uU[/video]

I'd love to see them write stuff like this, but if I'm going to be honest, they would probably never get heavier than they did on The Hunting Party. At the end of the day, Linkin Park is a pop band; pop needs to sell. Punk (or anything heavy), doesn't sell.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

LP is an an American ROCK band. They wrtie popish lyrics and instrumental stuff. Thats why I love THP its a road they took a daring road to go on. And it worked
    who cares about sales. In todays music, bands are a afraid to go on such a "heavy road"

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

They may not be pop in sound, but they are still very much a popular band signed to a huge label. With a big label such as Warner Brothers, you can bet your ass all they care about is the money. Me? I could care less about sales. The point is, is that if they remain signed to Warner, Linkin Park would never be allowed them to go too heavy for a full album. that's why you have songs like Until it's Gone and Final Masquerade on The Hunting Party, so there's actually something marketable to a mainstream audience in there.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

NOSTALGIA BURNS

:headbang:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

[video=youtube_share;bb81tWJ72Pc]http://youtu.be/bb81tWJ72Pc[/video] This is just... :tswing:

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone would have thought that LP did such heavy demos back in 2008, which means for ATS. I was so happy to finally hear some ATS demos on LPU 14, and those were just incredible, because they were so unexpected!

I'm still happy they chose another road for ATS. I also don't think they'll build on this material for the next album, as it is old and already released. They will do something totally different the next time for sure.
    But I'm really curious how THP's legacy will sound like in LP's future material.

Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

We'll see how it goes if they actually should leave Warner after their next release. The contract expire after one more release, no? Could be exciting. Nevertheless, they were always really popish. I believe it depends of what mike wants to do.

They should release a worthless Best-Of, leave Warner and do whatever they want to. :D

Michele

A worthless with two new songs , please.

#BillyTalent #AllForMoney #ThievesAndHypocrits

:kappa:

JonasTheRoman

Absolutely worthless indeed. I hate Kingdom of Zod and Chasing The Sun. Those are two absolutely worthless and bad songs. Totally sellouts! :kappa:

Michele

I never said something like that :lol:

I just find it for "old" fans useless without any new tracks to buy a Best-Of Album :lol:

(If i remember right, these two tracks arent too bad :lol: )

JonasTheRoman

Yeah, I understood you.
    I don't mind a Best-of-album (good for "casual" fans) and if the band records extra songs for it, even better!
    So if LP would ever release a Best-Of, I would like them to do the same like BT, I agree with you. :lol:

(If we wouldn't live in the digital era where you can listen/buy every song without purchasing the entire album, I would actually hate such a move. I mean: Buying an entire album just for two new songs, that's not my cup of tea.
    But we live in the 21st century, so yeah :D.)

Michele

Didnt change the fact, that we dont know in which direction LP will go now after THP :lol: