Linkin Park Releases Studio Update #2

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Mar 22, 2016.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

Wow you guys reminded me of " Devil ' s Drop " i forgot that song existed :adam:

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

So "telling stories" is the new "visceral" and "toolbox" huh? I just want LP to take their time, even if it means a mid 2017 release. Every time the band has taken a bit longer, they've made better music.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I sorta agree with this. I remember the band mentioning around early to mid 2009 that they were rating batches of songs and that a song "Robot Boy" got the highest score. They essentially spent more than 1 year and a few months on ATS.

I don't mind if this album comes out next year with only a single dropping at the end of the year.

Another thing they've gotta get straight this year, promotion of singles. For the past 2 albums, it has been so bad.
    Lost in The Echo had a lot of potentially which ultimately never took off because they kept changing the dates of the single release. Castle of Glass had the same issue.
    With THP singles, GATS should have had a video of some kind. It ended up being more of a promotional first single than the actual first single, in my book.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Same reaction here. It was so different, not just for LP (the riffs, the solo, the longer length), but also in a way that it wasn't just a generic pseudo-metal track, it had piano (intro), synths (first chorus), rapping (bridge), and all in all just felt so different in a way only Linkin Park could do. There are so many great bands that do that hard rock style so well, I really appreciated the songs on THP like GATS where they did just little things to differentiate themselves.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

It turns out I had the same reaction, too! GATS caused me to pause and think about how far LP has come with songwriting and instrumentation since their earliest days (including pre-LP history). I still find it absolutely incredible that the same band that brought us "In The End" also brought us GATS and ALITS, two of my absolute favorites from THP.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'd rather have the band to release that album next year, the "two year gap" formula has not proved to be quite effective. It's "MOAR" for fans but sadly it's sacrificed some quality in the process.

I want the band not to rush it, when they really try it and put great effor into it, the result improves. Some mass-produced products are great in the market but I fear music is not the case.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Exactly the same for me!
    Here's hoping that they'll do it again this time.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Don't you guys want LP to come back into the mainstream? I mean, for all the world to see. The news being "Linkin Park is back", but not about sounding like HT again.
    The non-fanbase people think LP is dead, they don't care anymore.

I wish to see LP #1 in every television show, at the superbowl show, and toping all the popular media.

anthamic

anthamic Member

I don't think they'd make it that far, considering that their music is quite different from most mainstream that people like/or their music doesn't appeal to the "mainstream," but you never know what might happen!

zendesur

zendesur Member

To be honest at the moment I don´t want them to make the "Mainstream Stuff" because it is horrible in my opinion. It is just the wrong time that more people like the current LP style.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

And iv'e been a LP fan since mid 2000 before HT came out first some i heard was part of me
    and i can say HT has aged very well.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Hybrid Theory has definitely aged well.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Hybrid Theory is still a jam.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I'm going to hop on the train of "Hybrid Theory has aged well." I listened to the album both yesterday and today, and that album is still pretty great. There's a synergy between the guys on that record that's just amazing.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Not really. Most of my favorite artists have done perfectly okay once they were "out of the mainstream". Bands like QOTSA and NIN have been more than okay musically and success-wise without the radio constantly playing their hits.

I think the better thing to strive for is making what they want and it hitting such a chord with listeners that the mainstream is forced to adapt.

Daft Punk and Justin Timberlake, for example, put out albums that invoked soul and disco in an era where neither were considered "cool" or "mainstream". But they were such great songs that the rest of the music community affected were forced to change in light of it. Kendrick went the way of jazz around the time D'Angelo returned with a similar sound, and those two albums were no stranger to the Top Albums lists of many renowned critics.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

HT has definitely aged very well.

And that's coming from a guy who's not into nu-metal at all anymore, aside if you count Deftones in that subgenre.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

HT is still awesome from start to finish , never gets old and i ' m saying it as a non nu metal fan at all

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Almost everything on HT sounds extremely dated.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

HT will never be forgotten, that's for sure!

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Except for one song... whose name somehow doesn't come to my mind right now... :kappa:

---

As for me, I also think HT sounds dated from time to time. But when you just ignore that and listen to it without any prejudices, it is still fun.