Linkin Park win VMA

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Congratulations to Linkin Park for winning "Best Rock Video" at tonight's 2003 MTV Video Music Awards for the second year in a row. LP won for "Somewhere I Belong", directed by turntablist Mr. Hahn. The entire band was on-hand to accept the award. "Somewhere I Belong" beat out Metallica's "St. Anger", Good Charlotte's "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", The White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army" and Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life". Congratulations, Linkin Park!

Lead vocalist Chester later went on to help set up Beyoncé's performance with Pharrel Williams from N.E.R.D.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I was watching the VMAs with my neighbor, we were playing cars and when the nominations were read I immediately crossed my fingers lol.

the said LP and i screamed. I think i heard all of the LPA members screaming with me lol...i was happy :D

congrats linkin park!

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Mark - I think you messed up, the entire band was there to accept the award. I edited your post for you. ;)

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

their airing it on the west coast now (westside!). they're showing the pre-show here and i said, "hey, thats joe, and chester, and phoenix" i was like, cool.

Steph

Steph Ambient

I like joes acceptance speech :D
    "I'd like to thank Chester for letting me blow him up. I'd like to thank Warner Brothers for letting me blow a bed up." "and I'd like to thank Metallica for starting metal so Brad could learn to play"..

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

haha YES!I couldn't really make out what Chester said tho, it was confusing.... :wacko:

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

That was pretty funny.

Congrats LP!

x__x

x__x Well-Known Member

that was amazing...

too bad they couldnt perform...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chester: "And Outkast, when I'm out smokin some f*cking weed with my friends.."

When Chester sung pharrell's part in 'Beautiful' for a second it was awesome. I had no clue Chester could go that high.

A little information for you all, this is LP's 2nd Best Rock Award in a row. They won last year.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

umm did LP perform at all I only watched up to when they won there award.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

did anyone rib this

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

Congrats to LP. My friend was very disappointed when they won. He was rooting for Ev.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Aww man, it's not even on here, yet :(.

Oh well.

Hurray, hurrah for Linkin Pah...k...!

sh0rt+sw33t

sh0rt+sw33t Well-Known Member

a big congrats to LP!! :D

i'm so pissed off because i was so busy trying to record their speech that i didn't really get to hear it and i didn't have enough time to be excited ><" and i didn't even manage to record it either! oh well i'll record the rerun :p

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

So iam guessing LP didnt perform that sucks.

soloudandhott

soloudandhott Member

WOW..LP WAS AWESOME..CONGRATS... :D :D ....SSSSUUUPPPERRRR HAPPYYY....AHHAHA :D

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah , you could almost not even tell them apart. Congrats on the award. Glad to see the whole band there. Too bad no performance though.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah , you could almost not even tell them apart. Congrats on the award. Glad to see the whole band there. Too bad no performance though. [/b][/quote]
    Lol thing is, Chester would've done better in the song simply for the fact he has a broader range then Pharrell. I wouldn't have minded a surprize performance by Pharell, Snoop and Chester of "Beautiful" right there to be honest. Who cares if its hip-hop, as Chester said once: "I'm cool, I'm hip..I'm with it."

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

sh*t, I saw the beginning where they said Chester Bennington was there, but assumed LP wasn't there because MTV didn't say so. I missed the rock video category, then I read on MTV.com that LP had one, so I came here and said LP won te video with Chester on hand. Sorry guys.

Why don't you ever try focusing on the positives?

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Lol thing is, Chester would've done better in the song simply for the fact he has a broader range then Pharrell. I wouldn't have minded a surprize performance by Pharell, Snoop and Chester of "Beautiful" right there to be honest. Who cares if its hip-hop, as Chester said once: "I'm cool, I'm hip..I'm with it." [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that would have been great. They should have done it. I thought they would have done something with Metallica with Chester's "shoutout". It would have been great do a thing w/Limp, LP, and Metallica as a wrap up of Summer Sanitarium. I mean that whole opening to the show. Wow that was odd. Didn't like it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.