Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Halfway Right is amazing. O o

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

The Meteora hate around here is unfortunate. It's produced some timeless and/or really awesome songs -- Breaking the Habit, Numb, Faint... to a lesser extent but not by much, From the Inside, Figure.09, Easier to Run, Lying from You.

Also how often it's written off as just another Hybrid Theory... I can't be the only one who's noticed it's already the beginning of "The Softening" for lack of a better description. Yes, it's still very much in the vein of Hybrid Theory, but it's already less on the grunge or distortion of guitars. Songs like Somewhere I Belong and Breaking the Habit didn't give anybody else that sense? When comparing to Hybrid Theory? Pushing Me Away arguably ended that album with the least nu-metal vibe of the 12 songs on it, leading into Meteora... where I would say Don't Stay, Hit the Floor, maybe Figure.09 were the only possibly true examples of "Could have been on Hybrid Theory". I'd accept that line of thinking with From the Inside and maybe Faint.

It's been said and it's well known after the massive success of Hybrid Theory, the band would've been crazy not to make something similar as a follow-up... and yet the band thinks after this album is when they sold out? Really? If anything, Meteora was the sell-out album, as Hybrid Theory was record-breaking style successful and they made "another" of what sold so well. What was Minutes to Midnight then? You could call it suicide to not continue on a path that had proven successful for them. One More Light has gotten them called sell outs a ton... to what? Do these people not think the band is successful enough already through 6 albums that they don't need to cater to the radio masses to get sales? Wouldn't selling out be returning to the style of Hybrid Theory? Anyway, this sell-out talk is off topic from where this started.

Can't help but shake my head at the constant trashing of Meteora. Similarly, although for different reasons, the bashing of Living Things -- an album I'm perfectly comfortable talking about as amongst their best work. At the very least, a good amount of songs from it belong in that conversation, in my opinion.

3. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

My wishlist:
    An acapella album release because there's so much remix potential for this album
    A non-Blackbear version of Sorry For Now (I knew I would feel that way when reviews compared it to Owl City)
    A live acoustic version of Halfway Right (I think this would change the minds of those that don't like the studio version)
    An EDM mix of One More Light (I like the guts of it but it's just too slow for me, I think it would make a great anthem)

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

One More Light is about the death of a friend, and you want to see it turned into an anthem? Interesting...

An EDM mix is one of the last things I want to see. To each their own I guess.

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

The majority in r/Linkin Park also thinks the album is good.
    I'm so proud of you r/Linkin Park :cry:

ciao_fiv and Deliveranze like this.
  6. lilj4425

This album is incredible. Much better than I thought it would be. 8/10 easily.

7. strakt

strakt Member

I hope they go the same route on future albums as they did with this one

8. dookiedung

dookiedung Member

Maybe it's just me but I actually thought this album was way more uplifting than any past albums and I found it refreshing.

9. Toffer

Toffer Member

When I started reading this thread, I identified two camps: #TeamNoLeak vs. #TeamLeak. Anybody in my camp as well who is waiting for an "official leak" like we had last cycles? maybe a stream on iTunes? (I must say I update lpa.com almost every minute to finally see a message like that ;) )
    By the way, what I want the most from any LP album is to be confused as hell by the first listen. From what I read here, I am quite optimistic. I definitely need some more complex music from them that grows with each listen and keeps interesting for years (as ATS, which is my all time favorite).

Meteorain likes this.
  10. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

I'm thinking something along the lines of Alesso's remix of If I Lose Myself by OneRepublic. Not like a crazy electronic song.

To me, the song is a tribute. It's about how each and every life is important and should be cherished. Even though life is short and people die all the time, when someone passes away, there's always someone that it matters to.

Meteorain likes this.
  11. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

My highlights of this album are Invisible, Sorry For Now, Halfway Right, and Sharp Edges.

Jesse likes this.
  12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Team no leak.

See you Friday!

13. lilj4425

Reminds me of Hard Times from Paramore. The lyrics sound down and depressing but the beats are uplifting and energizing.

@LP2K12 likes this.
  14. jmonkey2105

jmonkey2105 Member

Sorry For Now completely caught me off guard. Having lost my father in November, I knew One More Light would make me cry, but boy did Sorry For Now hit me a lot more. Definitely my favorite from the album.

I love the album as a whole. It gives me a lot of emotions, which is good.

15. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

This album has taught me something, something that I've realized upon the second listening: never listen to a new album with predefined opinion. When I first heard those 4 singles it almost made me give up on it and never buy it, it disappointed me so much. But...I'm really enjoying it, even songs I couldn't stand and had to grow on me (like Heavy which is still the weakest link). TTM is an absolute highlight, Sorry for Now (even though it'd be better without that chipmunk voice), even Nobody Can Save Me is great (I didn't like it upon the first listening), OML is still a bit dull (I didn't find anything interesting there). I love Halfway Right lyrics but Chester's voice is a bit strange. Anyway, not a perfect album but it's really good.

16. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

It's a pop album so they weren't going to go bonkers and do ATS style song structures. Hopefully they do in future albums though

17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I have never listened to an album in such a weird way as One More Light.

I managed to listen to all 10 tracks separately without playing the album in full.

Currently on my first front to back listen.

18. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Nobody can save me is so chill out.

19. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I think the song One More Light...is genius...one of my favorite Linkin Park songs...

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

LPA has always been more receiving of new Linkin Park

Sasuke and Deliveranze like this.