LP Changed Meaning Of Songs..

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by The_Rising_Tied, Jul 17, 2010.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

"A Thousand Suns might be Linkin Park's most eclectic yet — with lyrics that address everything from the recession to the conflicts in the Middle East.

Linkin park used to write stuff that i could've used to relate too 100% but ever since MTM i couldn't really do that.. and iuno why. LTGYA was about hurricane katrina ya it was a huge tragedy but thats forgotten now and now there writing about stuff thats going to be different 3-4 years from now when there next album comes out and when i listen to it, its all im gunna think about bcuz its not really meaningful ( i mean dont get me wrong i feel bad for those ppl) but cant they just save it for MFR instead of putting it on an actual album??

Im just saying LP used to write more songs that happens to everyday people and stuff that i could relate to easily i dont know its just weird. I hope this album is not like that.. its hard to explain what i was trying to say but i hope u all understand.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Mike shinoda said on the LPUMBs that he wasnt a fan of how the guy from Rolling Stone described the album. So i wouldnt look too much into the songs being political

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

TLTGYA and Hands Held High - both songs about how things affect everyday people. Conflict in the Middle East and the recession have very much affected people as well. It's probably not that different from what you want.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Honestly, I can't relate to the lyrics in The Catalyst, but I find them very powerful and meaningful. What I didn't like about Meteora is that some songs sounded very forced, not only because they weren't free to write like they are now, but because some songs really didn't seem like that's what they were going through. The pleasure of being an artist is the ability to write about whatever is on your mind, and if you are proud of it and want to share it, awesome! Linkin Park are very lucky they aren't confined anymore!

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

From MtM i have noticed LP have a way of doing songs that can relate to the everyday person and still address a problem in the world.

Jacob

Jacob Guest

I see what you're saying and agree with you in a sense. I'm hoping myself that they don't make too many political songs, I really liked that "everyday feelings" kind of style too. I could relate to it easily opposed to politics which I honestly don't care that much about.