LPU March Madness at LP Association!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Boombox

Boombox Member

I've probably heard Linkin Park before this, but the first time I remembered that I heard them, was when someone played "Numb" on their cellphone. It was art to my ears, and I had to know what song, and what band it was. I checked them out, and found out that all of their songs kicked ass. From then, Linkin Park has been my favourite band #1! :D

LPU username: kulemagnus

jannelp

jannelp New Member

LPU username: jannevr

I remember perfectly well the first time I heard 'em. I was watching TV back in the summer of 2001, and Crawling came on, just being released. I liked the song, and at that moment two of my friends came in and said, hey, I know that song, it's Linkin Park's Crawling. I was a fan from that moment on. Funny side note: I thought Chester sung something with radiOOOO (heal, it appeared to be later :D ) In my defence, Dutch is my mother tongue, and I was 11 back then...

Ashwhisker

Ashwhisker Member

LPU username: Ashwhisker

The first time I ever heard Linkin Park was on the way to a Boy Scouts hiking trip back in november of 2006. I was 10 or 11 years old at the time. My friend Charlie made a CD compilation of a bunch of his music to play in the van on the road trip. Towards the end of the four-hour drive, I was falling asleep when Numb came on. When the opening synth sample of Numb came on, I wasn't too excited. At the time, I never listened to radio so I had no idea what this song was or who it was by. The song played through, leaving me not very impressed. However, at the end of the weekend, Charlie gave me the CD to put on my iPod, and the more I listened to Numb the more I loved it. I was eventually hooked, and went out and bought Meteora, and have been into Linkin Park ever since, though I have only become a "hardcore" fan in the past couple years. Now, every time I hear Numb I get this great nostalgic feeling and all the good memories of that weekend come back, leaving me happy and content with life. I want to thank Linkin Park for allowing me to relive that awesome weekend through the song I have associated with it, Numb! :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Linkol

Linkol New Member

Hi everybody. I'm a French LP fan. The first song I heard from Linkin Park was Somewhere I Belong on MTV. I was maybe 11 or 12 years old. It was extraordinarily good. This mix with Rock sounds and a rap voice gave an incredible universe. But at the end of the song, I forgot to take the name of the song. I was determined to find the album which contained the song. So, I bought an album, the first I found: Reanimation. It was not the good album but I was captivated by the songs... I discovered a new kind of music and it was real pleasure! Following this meeting with a new kind, I bought all Cd's... and saw two concerts.

My LPU username: 207rcup

lordraiden

lordraiden New Member

The year was 2000 in Hungary. I was watching Linkin Park's "In the End" video on MTV's Mash Up songs. I recorded it with my video player to hear it and watch it over and over. That song made me an LP fan. After that, I saw "Crawling" and it was one of the best videos in that year. With my 13 years old brain, I decided to buy my first original CD...Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. Unfortunately there were no cd shop in my town, so I've traveled to our capital city Budapest to buy the album. I searched all the music-cd places, then I found it in the last shop. It cost me 4999Ft (around 25$) but that cd was my best investment in my life. Since then I do the same with all the LP albums. Expect that I can order it online. :)

LPU Username: Raiden

chuihill

chuihill New Member

the first LP song ive heard was "In The End" in 2001, what did i think? I WANT MORE (never get enough)
    then LP become my favourite band

LPU username: chuihill

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I remember my first time: There was actually a thunderstorm outside when I was at my great friend's house after middle school had got out. Her cousin was over and he had got this new CD from this new band he liked, so he put it in and played One Step Closer. I adored it, but earlier some other middle school twat had put the idea in my head that girls couldn't listen to Nu Metal, so Linkin Park was my secret until In The End came on the pop radio and I said "Screw it all, you people LIED!" And I threw off the shackles of oppression and I embraced rock n roll, never to return to pop radio. I owe it to LP for my musical freedom, and for being an instrumental part of being true to myself instead of destroying myself for following the shallow, superficial pop drones. --though I admit i got a few guilty pleasures still :lol:

-love, LPUer: KATHYxx

SLP_Bourdie

SLP_Bourdie New Member

The first Time i heard LP was 2003 . I heard One Step Closer in TV. I liked it but i didn't heard more about them.. Later my friend was talking about Linkin Park and she really liked numb..so i wanted to know how it sounds like. I listened to it and i liked it.But im a real Linkin Park Fan since 2007. I'm really thankful to my friend that she introduced me to Linkin Park because Linkin Park helped me a lot in my life and they also changed my life in good ways. Thanks to my Friend and thanks to Linkin Park for everything =) and sorry for my bad Englisch =)

LPU Username: SLP_Bourdie

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

This is why I like you Kathy. =)

Fet

Fet New Member

It was back in March 2008 when i was watching Tv ,and i stoped at the channel Mtv and they were playing In the End.So in the next two months i watched Mtv again and again to here some more great music of this fantastic Band and in June when we got our Internet the First thing i did was to Buy the albums Hybrid Theory,Meteora and Minutes to Midnight and since the First time i heard In the End Im a huge Fan of Linkin Park

P.S: Im from Germany ,so i have to apologize for my english

LPUer:FEEET

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Everyone, please remember to write your LPU user name in your post.

Thank you. :)

Chazygirl

Chazygirl New Member

I was 9 or 10 years old when i heard Linkin Park the first time.
    A friend has sent me the live video from Numb/Encore. I liked the song and of course the voice of Chester. But i didn´t became a hardcore fan like now.
    After some time...i think it was between 2006 and 2007 i came back...i think a bit randomly...to the music. I was looking for the song...but at this time i didn´t know the name of the song and so i heard many songs from Linkin Park. I'm happy that it happened that way.
    LPU Name: LPNici

bilalmwirk

bilalmwirk New Member

The first time I heard linkin park was back in 2001 when In the End was on top of the charts. I was watching tV when this song popped out as No.1 on a random Top 10 Chart Music show
    My friends had mentioned alot to me about the band before this but I didnt pay attention to it thinking that it will be just like all the other bands who just get a single hit and people go crazy for them,but after listening to In the End, I was like Whooooaaa this band is different and definitely deserves all the hype they've created in music lovers.The ultimate mix of Rock/Rap!! I downloaded the whole album, and I've been a LP Fan since then.
    My room is full of LP posters all around and my PC has all the concerts/videos/tracks/covers of LP ever created!

Linkin Park is my Life! <3

UserID- bilalmwirk

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I would have had this in sooner but for the past 35 min my internet is going in and out

It was November 2000 and I lived in a small place called Negaunee Michigan. I was watching MTV when a video came on called one step closer. I was drawn by the murky video and the simple yet complex lyrics that fit like a missing puzzle piece in my life. I will always remember I was sitting on the couch in the living room and Mike Shinoda sported a bright pink spikey haircut. Id really never appreciated or followed rock but it was about to change. Soon after the video for papercut and crawling was released and I was hooked. I went out and bought the Hybrid Theory album and their honestly hasn’t been a day where I haven’t listen to at least one Linkin Park song since that day. My love for them has started since their exposure and won’t stop till the day I die. Their music has changed and influenced so many aspects of my life.

LPU member: Blownfuze

Tensh_iie

Tensh_iie New Member

As I first heard and saw Linkin Park? Hmmn that had been on TV... "Crawling" video.
    I didn't really recognized them back than, just liked the video, their sound, Chesters voice - everything! they really impressed me from the start and I listened to their music whenever it was on on TV or the radio! Love at first sight ;)

LPU Username: Tensh_iie

big_bad_lukas

big_bad_lukas Well-Known Member

My story.... Well I was never into music but my parents always were.... MTV was always on.... one night over the summer I believe in 2003 i had my holidays and was sitting with parents watching mtv... then suddenly Numb came on. I was looking at the tv like at a magnet.... I remember i used to wait all day in front of tv just to hear this song after that day. Had no internet at the time so couldnt really do any research.... Good times :)

LPU : Big_Bad_Lukas

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

The 1st time I heard of LinkinPark was when I brought a group of friends over for a party which was back in the year 2000. And one of my friends happened to have the record "Hybrid Theory" with him.
    When the 1st song came on which was "One Step Closer" I was immediately hooked on! And enjoyed the CD from the start till finish ever since till this day! Then later on I joined the LPU half way back in 2005.
    And to this day I will always be a fan no matter what happens I am here with everyone else through this journey!

Thanks
    LinkinPark

Username: colinlpu
    Name: Colin Reid

cavpollo

cavpollo New Member

When I first heard of Linkin Park I was watching MTV's top 10 at home. In The End was on; from that moment I was captured by the video and the awesome song. Sadly I had no other way of listening to Linkin Park, so I had to wait around 4 year to actually be able to buy LP's first Album, Hybrid Theory. I couldn't describe how good was it, it was just musically engaging. Later on I bought Meteora because I had no other way to listening to Somewhere I Belong, Faint and Breaking The Habit. I don't regret any of those choices =) , Im an LP Fan for the rest of my life ^_^.

LPU Username: cavpollo

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Ah crap, only LPU members. Didn't read that part haha. Oh well.

A7XLPU

A7XLPU New Member

OK, I heard Linkin Park in early 2003, and I was listening to the radio and when the Crawling was playing on the radio I totally lost my mind because DJ didn't introduced neither the band's name nor the song title and I started to search the song lyrics on the internet and I met LP! Then I bought Hybrid Theory album and when I opened the CD there was a commercial of LPU and I signed up to the LPU! That's all... (=

LPU Username: yigit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.