Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said (Premiere)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Benjamin, Feb 1, 2011.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Well if he was going for shock value, he sure got it, I just don't think this was at all the way to go about it. As a producer I'm a huge fan of ADK and he kind of just wasted a great beat to rant on about a bunch of BS, I'm pretty sure he pissed off everyone on the political scale.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

First off, you haven't even been a member for three years. :p And no one's actually said you were crazy

Secondly, I just pointed out that you've set a precedent for believing things like that when they come from sources that are contentious to say the least. Admittedly that was a couple of years ago, but you've obviously left an impression, or maybe I just have a good memory.

Either way, you seem to be doing pretty much the same thing here if that last line is anything to go by. Why should you take Lupe's word over other people's? If he says aspartame IS poisonous without backing it up it doesn't mean any more than if I say it isn't without backing myself up.

That said,
    http://www.acsh.org/healthissues/newsID.265/healthissue_detail.asp
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080221172818/http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/ANS00772.html
    http://web.archive.org/web/20050207034647/http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/tt/1998/sep16/aspartame.html

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
    sotrix

sotrix @lplive

I don't use a rapper's radio single for health advice but to each his own.

FDA probably has mountains of data for everyone to pour over.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Dean, esaul17 was the one who I was replying to about saying I go on about a bunch of craziness, and you didn't call me crazy but sure implied it by bringing up irrelevant things from three years ago that you wanted to mock.

I don't know why you'd get so riled up, when I only said I'll take doctors and scientists word for it, that you have to start trying to insult me by bringing up posts from when I wasn't even an adult.

Isn't what I said what should be encouraged here? Actual research, not just me saying I'm right, you're wrong?

And Jesus Christ! I've been a member for roughly three years, and those were my FIRST posts. So what if I said 'over three years ago', are you really that much of an ass that you're going to get technical over that? :lol: Ridiculous.

Yeah, I'll take Lupe's word for it over yours, because Lupe seems like a smart, nice guy and you seem like an elitist asshole. :D

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Awww shiiiiitt.

Well, at the very least, these are the only verses I've heard anyone discuss in a long time, so it's probably working out alright for him.

Dean

And I said no one called you crazy, referring to "Oh yeah, that's that Babali guy who made that post about global warming and aliens over three years ago, he's batshit crazy."

Yeah man, I'm so riled up that I'm making posts on a message board. I'm absolutely frothing at the mouth. I've explained the point I was trying to make there, and if just bringing up something you've said in the past constitutes an insult, too bad. It was your condescending tone

Good thing I put forward a few links that I found instead of doing that, huh.

The :p kind of implies that I was joking there. But yeah, I am a bit of a Ted. Deal with it.

Wounded! If not thinking the Doctor Who episodes with the Silurians are documentaries makes me an elitist asshole, I'm completely fine with that. <- THAT'S me insulting you, by the way. Just remember, you're the one who was being condescending in the first place and it looks like you were the first one to resort to insults. I tried to be civil, but if that's what you want then have at thee. I will break you.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Damn those elitist assholes with their "research" and "facts".

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

First of all, nobody called you crazy, secondly, you're getting very defensive over something that wasn't even personal. If you post here, people are going to remember your posts and build an impression of you, no need to go off on one about how you weren't an adult back then, nobody knows how old you are or probably even cares.

You need to calm down and stop basically calling people "elitist assholes", seriously, what was about a song has now turned into fuck knows what, and it's getting a bit too far. I should give you an infraction for saying someone seems like an elitist asshole, but I'll just warn you because this whole thread is going to shit.

Please try and stay on topic and discuss the issues in a respective way.

Dean

So yeah, everything we've been discussing aside, this song is really good.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Agreed haha.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I can only imagine what would've happened if this was an Immortal Technique song :lol:

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the elitist asshole comment. I wasn't entirely serious and I know it wasn't nice. I'm sorry and I didn't mean it.

And I don't feel insulted, I just think your comments were uncalled for and completely irrelevant, Dean, and that's the point I was making. YOU started with the insults, not me.

Anyway, I'm done replying, I just wanted to say sorry. I dont have time to read all the nonsense you guys said in reply to me. I have a life.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Ah, the passive-aggressive apology, that's a classic

[​IMG]

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Nobody would've heard it?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

El Muerto, I was thoroughly amused by your post.

But let's get back on topic, please. Any more of this and infractions will be handed out. Thank you.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Well Tech isn't as famous as Lupe is but he still has a pretty strong following. And since most of his songs are very politically charged I'd imagine this place turning into "this thread x10" haha.

Back on topic though, I'm kind of bummed that there's no Matthew Santos feature on this album :(

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Same here :( I really liked Shining Down. Maybe we will get it again with a deluxe edition of L.A.S.E.R.S.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I thought of Tech a few times here lol. I love the song The Cause of Death despite again not being a fan of conspiracy theories.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

lol, not what I was doing, because I genuinely felt bad about saying it, explained what I said that was wrong, and why, but funny nonetheless.

Dean

There are lyricists I like who say things in their songs that I really don't agree with, but usually it doesn't go so far that I just can't listen to them anymore and I think that's the case here. I can put up with a couple of lines of it.

It's cool that Sway's on the album, he's funny.