Marijuana

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by iNuBBiN, Mar 6, 2011.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Is anyone going to actually post anything to support their claims that it's a gateway drug? Until then, you're the ones who are in denial I'm afraid.

But guns are okay, right?

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Just because you start using weed doesn't mean you're going to start using ice or meth. That's ridiculous and a big generalization. It's also like saying if you abuse prescription drugs that you'll end up using illegal drugs. It's also like saying you're an alcoholic because you abuse alcohol, and soon that'll lead you to start using heavier drugs. Bullshit. And unsupported.

Dumbledore - Actually it's the combination of tobacco and nicotine that makes cigarettes make toxic than weed. When was the last time I heard of weed producing chlorine gas when technically if weed was to be producing chlorine gas/carbon monoxide, the person who manufactures it would have to be available to very expensive machinery.

In the ACT (Australian Capital Territory) weed is legalised for medicinal use - therefore making weed not that bad. If weed can be used for medicinal uses, and it's been proven that it can relieve glaucoma etc then it can't be that bad. Plus, the manpower involved in producing weed would be too much to even consider manufacturing it on a large scale. Not everyone dedicates years to growing stashes of it. The loss of income to the company would be too great to even consider producing it in mass.

And actually you want to talk about the long term effects of weed, they are really jack shit to alcohol and cigarette use. Statistically wise, there are more alcoholics than weed junkies. So what? Do we ban alcohol? Do we ban advertising of alcoholic beverages like they did to cigarettes?

In this town, you actually get more in trouble being drunk in a public place than having been caught with a few grams on you.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Bake it in brownies.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I lol'd at this. I know, right?

I'll contradict my past posts and say Marijuana isn't necessarily a gateway drug at all. But there are cases where it is (I've heard one told to me personally). It's quite clear to me now that the health education at my school is pretty fucked up seeing as though they made it seem like a done deal that gateway drugs are for real. But yeah, I can't find one damn article to prove otherwise.

@Handyman:

You're essentially saying that if we legalize pot, the number of users is going to skyrocket or something. Prove it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

You're essentially putting words in my mouth. I don't think the number of users will 'skyrocket', no. Many people still uphold the negative connotation associated with weed, it doesn't mean everyone's just gonna jump on the train at once, no. I doubt the number of users will initially jump to high at all, actually. I do however, believe that the crime rate will more or less remain unchanged.

And yes lollercopters omgz guns are okay ;) unless you're stoned.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I just must say that the number of drug dealers selling cigarettes and alcohol is very low and always has been except with alcohol during prohibition. Sure big companies may make obtain licenses and keep small time drug dealers down, but this will likely just drive them out of business, and thus reduce the crime. And it will certainly reduce the crime as users (as even if the rate of use sky rocketed it is no longer illegal, so it has to reduce crime).

Dumbledore- sorry if I misunderstood your other post. You seemed to say "am I the only one here why doesn't do drugs?" as if one had to be a user to disagree with you. Glad we seem to have cleared things up.

Dean

Well, being stoned does inhibit your capacity for aggressive behaviour... :p

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

[video=youtube;VCDnR6Px-co]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCDnR6Px-co[/video]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Really, I don't think there's enough evidence of a gateway drug concept.
    Now, I'm 23 and I've never smoked anything at all except when I was young I picked grass of the ground, rolled it up in notebook paper, lit it with my moms lighter, put it to my lips and said.. eww and left it at that never to be tried again.

But I do not think that weed is wrong at all, and I don't have anything against people using it safely and I do believe it should be legalized.

P.S I did get offered drugs quite recently, but I declined.. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

it's a gateway drug for those that want to walk through that gateway. first drug i ever tried was pot, loved it. still do. fuck, i'm high right now. then i moved on, i wanted to try other things. i smoke every day, if other stuff is offered, i'll take it.

this probably contradicts something i said earlier in the thread, because i'm sure i've replied to this topic before. but whatever. i think some of you could benefit from smoking a fat fucking blunt. especially handyman.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Pray do tell what benefit I would gain from smoking weed.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

you'd be a lot more cooler

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I've tried weed a good number of times over the last couple of years and I can strongly say that I will never venture beyond that and try other drugs. It's all about will power.

Umm just like any other drug it makes you feel spaaaaaaaacey and you look like this guy:

[thumb]http://jahworks.org/files/2011/02/stoner.jpg[/thumb]

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, I've tried a lot of shit and didn't really like it. I'm sticking with alcohol. :)

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

I like Marijuana. I Smoke it sometimes, have fun with it. But it isn`t a gateway drug. Plus, there are WAY more Deaths caused by Alcohol and other Drugs than Smoking Weed. Plus, there is Medicinal Marijuana, so imo it wouldn`t be prescribed if it were harmful as many people claim it to be.

Edit: And if you smoke pot, you get in a relaxing state of mind, not like Alcohol, which turns most of the Users into Brainless, Aggressive Assholes. My 2 Cents. :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

Yeah, kill your liver instead.

Medicinal Marijuana is only prescribed in like, what, 2 states? Maybe a little more? The stigma behind marijuana is still in full force in the United States, as seen earlier in this thread by people claiming they know people that died of overdoses or something. Totally baseless and has no merits to stand on it's own two legs.

Agent O is right, it's about willpower. It's a gateway drug, but only if you want to try other things. Marijuana is the safest out of all the narcotics in the world. Tylenol is more dangerous.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

But you smoke and you're a 5* douche?

As to whether or not it's a gateway drug, I have a friend that only smokes every now and then, and I have a friend that started with weed, and is now one of the biggest dealers on campus and does anything she can get for free (anything).

I mean the stuff is illegal for a reason, whether you believe the motive was political or in the best interest of the people is up to you.

Dean

That's just anecdotal evidence. I can just as well point out that I know plenty of people who've used it to various degrees and aren't even remotely on that level. I know people who've gone the other way too, but to be honest they were idiots in the first place. Like, there was a guy from school that I used to skate with who would set himself on fire and stuff long before he was doing any drugs, and the last time I checked all he does is shoot heroin.

There just isn't a consensus either way though. Some people are going to be more predisposed to developing problems with harder stuff once they get access to it anyway, and others have the sense to realise their limits.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Touché haha

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Do I smoke weed? Everyday. Do I think it should be legalized? You're god damn right I do. They should set it to an age restriction level to buy like alcohol (21+).

I started smoking weed my junior year of high school (I'm now 23 years old). Outside of weed, the only other drugs I have done are shrooms (just once) and some prescription pills. Never had the urge to try cocaine or meth so to say weed is a gateway drug really depends on the person.

Fuck...now this topic made me want to smoke. I haven't smoked in about 2 weeks because I have job interviews lined up and honestly it's not like other drugs where you will drive yourself crazy if you haven't had it in a couple days (see: cokeheads).

[youtube]jS30OfLFbRM[/youtube]