Marvel Movie Universe: Phase 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ChuckCheese, Jul 15, 2012.

1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Hulk wants to bang Widow

[video=youtube;q7iSPrU-7CM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7iSPrU-7CM[/video]

2. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I know there has to be an image online of Hulk "smashing" Johansson already. I forgot what rule that was.

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Rule 34. :lol: And there's an animated gif, and it's hilarious.

4. travz21

Wow that was better than expected. I figured it'd just be some weird Asian fetish drawing.

5. Will

There are plenty of those. :lol:

6. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

SPOILERS GALORE

[video=youtube;Ww5JGEKyGjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5JGEKyGjw[/video]
    [video=youtube;c3h_PmaiKMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3h_PmaiKMM[/video]
    (Clip 2 is same as posted above)
    [video=youtube;fPJ90rSpFvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPJ90rSpFvE[/video]
    [video=youtube;_AFtMIBwKho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AFtMIBwKho[/video]

Also I got the updates credits from Clip 1. Apparently Linda Cardellini's role is bigger or at least much more significant than expected.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 6.20.20 PM.png

7. Will

Kevin Feige confirmed that, when planning Phase Three, "all eventualities" were mapped and planned out regarding Spider-Man.

So it's a given now that Spider-Man absolutely will not be shoehorned into Civil War and that they likely had one script with him and one without him.

8. The Joesen One

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/14/ave...&utm_medium=latestarticle3&utm_source=article

So the "mystery woman" everyone was nerdgasm-ing about turned out to be an unnamed character that's part of Thor's hallucination. :lol: Also, the original cut was supposed to be three and a half hours (!!!!!) before trimming it to 142 minutes.

Also Julie Delpy let it slip that she's playing one of Black Widow's trainers from her childhood. Also, Linda Cardellini's role is heavily speculated to be Laura Barton, Ultimate Haekeye's wife, and and a James Gunn interview mentioning her alongside Jeremy Renner kinda proves it.

ALSO, the movie comes out in one week for me. :lol:

9. Will

I think I'd said the "mystery" woman was likely from one of Thor's hallucinations, considering she appears to be standing next to a pool and, in one of the trailers, we see Thor erupt from a pool Wolverine-style.

Or maybe I didn't specifically say she'd be from one of his hallucinations, but I'd definitely said she'd have something to do with Thor.

10. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04...rt-two/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

But Bleeding Cool are almost always wrong about Marvel stuff.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  11. The Joesen One

I really hope Daredevil and Luke Cage at least cameo for Civil War. If ever Agent Carter doesn't get a second season, I hope it gets moved to Netflix, because I think it could unleash its full 1940s potential there. The first season started off promisingly and then ended...underwhelming.

12. Will

I hate Bleeding Cool; it's such a garbage site.

It's been obvious ever since Marvel unveiled Phase Three that some of the characters from the TV series would cross over into the films, especially Infinity War. I can see Coulson showing his face long before Infinity War though. In fact I could see Coulson appearing in Civil War and acting as a catalyst for either side of the war. Then there are characters like Daredevil and Skye who are shoe-ins to appear in at least one of the films.

I can see Daredevil popping up in Civil War, and I can see Skye playing some sort of role in Inhumans. I can also see Coulson taking on a much larger role if he reveals himself to the Avengers in Civil War.

As for Agent Carter, I liked the series well enough, but it was incredibly boring. It took them eight episodes to tell a story that could've been told in two episodes (in my opinion).

What they should do is make a Howling Commandos series. I'd watch the everloving fuck out of that.

13. The Joesen One

Who knew the dude from FOX would give the best interviews?

(some spoilers ahead)

Two Chrises though :lol:

[video=youtube;zq7Er_jNNvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7Er_jNNvM[/video]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  14. Will

Here are some spoilers courtesy of JoBlo. Don't say I didn't warn you.

On Ant-Man

Evangeline Lily's character, Hope Van Dyne, will become the Wasp eventually, but not in Ant-Man.

On Doctor Strange

The classic high-collared costume sported by Doctor Strange will indeed be featured in the film, although the collar will be much smaller.

The villains will be Dormammu (FUCKING YES) and Baron Mordo. Dormammu will be leading an army, most likely the Mindless Ones.

The film's said to feature a lot of Inception-like visuals and will include a lot of astral projection and things like that, and that it'll take place "between dimensions."

On Captain America: Civil War

There will be a lot of superheroes in this film, including those that've already been confirmed: Captain America, Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Falcon, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Black Panther. Those that were previously unconfirmed are: The Vision, War Machine, and Ant-Man, as well as the recently-rumored Scarlet Witch.

The villains will be Baron Zemo and Crossbones.

There's no information yet on what Spider-Man's role will be in the film.

Preliminary reports suggest that the film will break down into Captain America, Falcon, Black Widow, and Hawkeye facing off against Iron Man, War Machine, Ant-Man, and the Vision, with Black Panther and Scarlet Witch being the wildcards.

Ant-Man is expected to take on his Giant Man persona during the film (which in my opinion makes it seem like Scott Lang might not make it out of Civil War considering Giant Man's killed in the comics).

Falcon's going to be getting a costume update which will make him look much more like his comics counterpart, and Cap's suit will be very similar to the one he wears in Age of Ultron.

Crossbones will be getting the most (best) updates, which include "graffiti-esque" skull imagery and the skull mask, which is said to be a helmet/mask hybrid (likely to help him deal with the injuries he suffered at the end of The Winter Soldier).

Speaking of Crossbones, he's said to be the main force that kicks off the Civil War, "instigating an attack that causes much death and destruction," which will put the legislation for the Superhuman Registration Act on the table.

The Winter Soldier will be another catalyst, and causes the main rift between Captain America and Iron Man. (I think it's obvious what the argument is.)

Black Panther's role isn't "one-sided" and he'll have his own agenda in the film, but his involvement will be significant. It was originally speculated that he'd be taking Spider-Man's role from the comics series, but that's obviously not the case anymore.

So.

15. The Joesen One

Awww. I really wanted Wasp to show up.

I'm happy Dormammu & Baron Mordo are bad guys. I hope there's casting soon. They're the definitive antagonists of Dr. Strange.

The Captain America 3 spoilers unintentionally revealed one major Avengers 2 spoiler I've feared though. I'm happy Baron Zemo is a bad guy, but I'm surprised Crossbones has a major role in the movie. I know he'll be a big part of the story's end and Frank Grillo's reprising his role, but I never expected a larger role. Anthony Mackie has already said before that he'll get a costume upgrade that resembles the comics, but he wants one more thing: "WHERE ARE MY BIRDS???/" :lol: I'm also surprised that Ant-Man will show up, which makes me scared that he'll die too, but I have no idea what Winter Soldier will do. I don't remember his role there.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  16. Will

Which spoiler?

Spoilers: Crossbones has a decently large role in the Civil War comics arc and the Russos specifically showed him at the end of The Winter Soldier so for him to not have a large role in a similar capacity to what he'd had in the comics would've just been strange.

Bucky's role in the Civil War arc was sort of behind-the-scenes. He didn't really become prominent until after Captain America was "assassinated" by Crossbones. That's when Iron Man found Bucky and told him Steve wanted him to wield the shield. I've been predicting Steve's death for a long time, and I'd be utterly shocked if it doesn't happen. I can see a post-credits scene with Nick Fury (and not Tony Stark) approaching Bucky and telling him Steve's final request. That'd open my dream scenario of Thanos inadvertently bringing back the Red Skull in his pursuit of the Tessaract and having the Avengers discover that the Red Skull's got Steve's body being a major storyline of the first Infinity War.

Speaking of which, it's revealed during all this that Sharon Carter's the one who delivered the "killing shot" that took out Cap, but she was brainwashed at the time. I really hope Sharon's in the film. Her storyline and romance with Cap is fucking great.

17. The Joesen One

This is all just guessing by the way, but I've heard rumors

Don't you notice that just Scarlet Witch was mentioned and not her brother?

18. Will

Oh. That rumor. Well, Aaron Taylor-Johnson is contracted for I believe four movies. So if he dies, he'll be brought back somehow, at least.

19. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  20. travz21

Sounds bland to me