Marvel's Netflix Universe

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, Mar 30, 2015.

1. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

"They're called....The Hand."

[video=youtube;2Cn3DVV0LHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY[/video]

2. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Thank god the Punisher is here. People need to die. Sick of heroes letting everyone live.

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The trailer's dope. I can't wait for the premiere.

In related news, according to Entertainment Weekly, Finn Jones (Ser Loras, Game of Thrones), has been cast as Danny Rand, aka Iron Fist.

4. The Joesen One

[thumb]http://media.comicbook.com/2016/03/daredevil-s2-173105.jpg[/thumb]

5. Will

Based on recently-released set photos, Vincent D'Onofrio was photographed on set, leading some to believe that Kingpin will be featured at some point during season two.

6. The Joesen One

[​IMG]

7. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

A look into the New York premiere of Daredevil Season 2...and some big news in the last 30 seconds of the video!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/Daredevil/videos/vb.1405070773062495/1722245511345018/?type=2&theater[/video]

8. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

For all y'all too lazy to watch the video, Luke Cage premieres on Netflix September 30th.

9. Will

10. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Finished it. Goddamn

For those of you watching on Netflix, stay tuned after the last episode for something special. Although by now you will most likely already have had that spoiled for you.
    I was wondering about the clothes..

11. Will

Jon Bernthal stole every scene he was in. He deserves all the awards.

12. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

SPOILERS AHEAD

Great season, with some very annoying issues. But first, the positives:
    - Jon Bernthal's Punisher. My god, was he amazing (his theme was equally amazing)
    - Daredevil's new suit
    - Melvin
    - YOU KNOW WHO's surprise appearance
    - High adrenaline-filled season, with great fight scenes (maybe a bit too much of a good thing, here)
    - Most twists were handled very well
    - Elektra's addition was enjoyable, for the most part but... Yeah, we'll get into that later.
    - Karen and Foggy not taking Murdock's shit anymore and continuing their lives
    - Karen Page's character arc
    - THE PUNISHER, YEAH

The negatives:

- The Hand plot staying super vague and unresolved
    - Stick just... being there
    - Elektra & Matt's hate-or-love back and forth. How many times did Murdock told Elektra they were going their seperate ways? Yeah, too many times
    - Matt Murdock himself
    - Matt's struggle with combining the Daredevil life with his personal and professional life
    - Enemies being too dumb to use their gun and instead switch over to hand-to-hand combat or... just take a beating
    - A ton of storylines get introduced, and not many get resolved. Meaning: a lot of set-up for future series. The Punisher arc was strong, but everything else made the season feel extremely messy. Season 1's finale was stronger imo
    - Daredevil's powers and Stick having to point out that he can listen to people's breathing in order to find out where they are. Seriously?
    - MATT. FUCKING. MURDOCK.

I feel like this season should only have been about The Punisher.

Somewhat related: I found the Luke Cage teaser extremely underwhelming

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  13. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Invisible - I was hoping Matt would die. Man his character was horrible. There is nothing admirable, moral, or relatable about letting bad guys live. The Punisher was the only sane character the entire season. God was he awesome. The season was a mess and underwhelming though. Basically all the mystical stuff from last season hasn't progressed at all. This season they just teased us more with it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. Gibs

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2 OF DAREDEVIL BELOW:

This season was fucking fantastic. By far, better than season 1. Can we just give Jon Bernthal all of the awards at this point? His performance, particularly the monolgue in episode 4, was insanely good. While I love his character, I actually hope he doesn't get his own series or something, at least at this point. I love the dynamic he has with the cast of Daredevil, particuarly his relationship with Karen. Their relationship absolutely facinates me. Below, I'll just list some ideas I have about the season, and what I'd like to see in the future.

• I didn't buy Elektra's death one bit, and I'm glad I was right. She's too great of an addition to the show. To kill her off would be plain stupid
    • I really hope that Foggy becomes a character in season 2 of Jessica Jones
    • I really enjoyed the Luke Cage teaser. Can't wait for that show
    • I love how Matt's world is just crumbling around him. Nelson and Murdock is gone, Foggy is working for Hogarth, Karen is working for the newspaper (can't remember the name, lol), Elektra is dead as far as he knows. Everything is changing, which is going to make for an excellent season 3
    • I was hoping that further down the line in the series that we would see Wilson Fisk pop up again, but I did NOT expect to see it happen this soon. While I hope he does eventually get out of prison, and exact his revenge on Matt, I hope that won't be season 3. I'd be way too early for that
    • The new helmet / cowl the Daredevil outfit got was fantastic. I love it a LOT more because of that addition. His new weapon is fucking legit too
    • Other than Frank Castle, Karen's arc is my favorite part of this season. I was suprised by how invested I was into her character. While I am a bit disappointed that we didn't get much more on her backstory, I'm sure that is something that they're going to explore eventually.

15. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Great season. I enjoyed it more than the first season. Absolutely loved Jon Bernthal as The Punisher. Complete badassery!

I did however find the The Hand storyline to be kinda tacked on. The whole ninja shit looks incredibly silly, especially when they are going for a very gritty and realistic portrayal of the universe here.

16. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

So I finished Saturday and finally had time to process my thoughts. Overall I think the season was stronger than season 1. Everyone got character development with the majority focusing on Matt, Elektra and Frank for good reason. I loved how this season literally started off running. The first half never felt rushed but at the same time something big was always happening each episode. The first four episodes especially pacing wise was amazing. The second half was a little slower but gave me enough to make me all the more eager to reach the end. Especially episode 8. I think the ending was not as strong as s1 but I blame that mostly on the high octane action that was constantly happening throughout the season. Foggy and Karen got a little development but not a lot but I think a lot of it will come during Season 3. I think Netflix has something big planned for them. Overall, enjoyable season and much better than season 1.

17. Will

Season two was incredible. I planned on writing up a blog post about it but I don't really care enough about it to do so, especially since I've already discussed the show to death on reddit.

Suffice it to say, season two was better than season one in almost every conceivable way, except for perhaps the choreography of the fight scenes; they seemed to be lacking something that the season one fight scenes had, but I can't quite place my finger on it.

Karen's story arc was fantastic. I still don't much care for Foggy, but his character became a lot stronger this season (spoilers: And it's very likely we'll see him as a main character in season two of Jessica Jones!). Matt was spectacular as always; I don't understand how anyone can dislike his character or performance. And the Punisher was everything I'd hoped he'd be. (Spoilers: And Kingpin's little arc was fucking awesome and I didn't see it coming at all.)

18. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

19. The Joesen One

[video=youtube;o06JptNiYoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o06JptNiYoQ[/video]

20. Gibs