May 24, 2014 - Tucson, AZ: KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 23, 2014.

1. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Both of them, if the band allow it.

2. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Is there any chance this concert was recorded for DVD? I'm with Jesse. I hated the setlist at first, but it indeed is amazing. That Castle of Glass performance, oooo it's good.

3. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Mr Hahn is back lol

4. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Bam. Another thing. What I've Done solo is now three times as long and way more killer!

[video=youtube;iOapEljDewc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOapEljDewc[/video]

It's like everytime I watch a new video, there's another surprise. Good times.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  5. Damyanix_Omega

Damyanix_Omega Active Member

:alf:Are you the Qwerty that uploads LP videos on YouTube?

6. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that this was a full 90 minute set (there was a chance of a smaller set due to the concert being festival type with multiple bands). What this means though, is that the band will have to cut more songs than what we saw already if they want to incorporate more THP songs. My gut tells me that they will trim a couple of the 5 HT songs they played, possibly Runaway and With You, in order to make room. Looking back, I really appreciate the shortened song structure now. It felt like a "best of Linkin Park" concert, they used every weapon in their arsenal to make the experience as packed and memorable as possible. I just wish the songs they cut would be Numb and Crawling, because 1) I don't like them very much live, and 2) they have been played so many times now that it's getting old. But that's just my opinion.

7. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

what i've done was great, they should do something new to the other hits too (ITE, New Divide, numb, crawling)

8. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Brad should make a better Solo for the BIO Bridge :)

9. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

That solo sounds pretty good.

10. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

What I've Done became a little #visceral :bradwink:

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm sure there will be someone to come in and shred it apart on a technical basis but I actually thought that solo was pretty good.

12. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I mean, it's not complicated, but it sounds great. The original solo is like 5 different notes in total. This has a lot more going on even if it's not technical, so it adds a lot.

I might have to fork up the $175 for the only remaining pit tickets at our venue (deluxe packages). The live show is totally different now and it's great.

13. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

A tasteful solo by Brad. Somebody wake me up.

14. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

For a solo like I think people would be wrong to judge it on technical difficulty because I think what we just saw was an actual, in the moment, solo. It has some simple moves and bends but it was pretty soulful. I loved it! He's on record solos just seems so.... calculating and soulless. What I've heard recently is spontaneous and great!

It's not that I couldn't play that solo with my eyes closed, it's more than I feel he really did what he felt in his fingers right at that moment which is just so much better than a super pre-planned flurry of notes.

15. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

This show just looks like it was freaking amazing! So many different takes on songs making them sound fresh and new! I really hope that they keep this format for more of the their shows.

Particularly for their return show to South Africa :p

16. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

That solo is pretty awesome, yeah. Can't wait to get a better quality version of it from RiR. :awesome:

Also, lmao at the guy shouting "BIG BAD BRAD".

17. lordblood

I'm with you, I never liked any of the past solos Brad has done. GATS is probably the first one that feels right emotionally. On the other hand, I always enjoyed the outro and bridge solos they perform live. One of my favorites is the Faint outro they perform live, it packs so much energy despite being technically simple.

18. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

his solo on In Pieces is great, he used to make some mistakes live but its fine. i usually like a lot similar solos to this new on WID. like alice in chains solos (but way easier)

19. lordblood

I was always meh about the In Pieces solo , it feels too linear and soulless. But that's just me. I loved the new WID solo, it fit right in with the new #visceral setlist.

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hey I'm not looking for Brad to become Slash, but if he can keep doing soulful guitar work like that live, sign me up. That felt very authentic and in the moment and I love it.