Meadow,Meadow.

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Theazninvasion68, Sep 10, 2012.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Everyday, along the way to the park, She drove past a sleepy meadow. It drew to her. Not so much of anything mythical or alien, but much rather the invigorating need to discover, be curious and explore. She wasn't the type to believe in spooky stories or ghost tales. She used to believe in those, back when her mind was young and frail to the world; but not now. Now she is a young adult. Ready to explore the world.

She admired the crimson-peach sunset. It always drew upon her gaze while driving home, as it set behind the mountain range beyond. As the last of the warming light beamed on her face, she looked over the meadow and felt drawn to it once more. Like a calling to her name, luring her soul with a comforting, and mysterious rhythmic song. It touched her being, and her essence tugged her to explore and fulfill the tension of never knowing what lay inside.

She pulled over and off of the road.

She got out of the car.

And she began walking.

The weeds were crushed beneath her shoes, and the thin twigs snapped as she tread forward slowly. Looking up, the evening sky was still a soft nectarine color. A bit of red, a bit of a soft orange, and sharp tones of black leaves to cover the view. She made her way into the meadow, it began to thicken quickly, and the sky became darker and darker.

She wondered what she would find. An eerie haze surrounded the edges of meadows she could see. There also seemed to be only vegetation, with no hint of any creature living in these woods. She kept wondering, following the distant and subtle call of her existence. Deeper into the woods, she noticed how there seemed to be a indistinct path. From the leaves that fell to the lining of trees, she felt invigorated to venture further in from the pattern. Like it was guiding her to where she needed to be.

She saw a faint, floating white light. The calling became clear. She began to run to the light, wanting to see who or what was there. The calm, cool breeze rushed past her as she went. The leafs that had fallen were crunched, shifted aside, just as the small trail of leafs stood aside her incoming stride. The light was surrounded by a thicket of tall brush, and the entrance to the light so clear. She could feel the warmth beaming out from the gaps in the leaves. A branch lay in front of the entranced, and her foot got caught.

She stumbled and fell through the brush, onto the ground. She writhed in pain, from the bruise and small cuts on her arm and cheek. She rolled to her side, away from the light, in fear of embarrassment. Embarrassment of this light.

But it felt warm, comforting. As if it were glowing.

The tune it played in the silence of the meadow called to her. She felt relieved, soothed, and had a feeling that was enlightening. Like a secure hug from a beloved that releases all the pent up anxiety within you. She stopped writhing, and she rolled on her back and got up to look at the still floating light. The melody it played in its quietness called to her. It called her name. The words and sound resounded loudly in her mind. But it was calm, and welcoming. It felt happy to see her, by the voice of the light. It felt like it held its arms wide, ready to give an embrace to a long forgotten soul.

It called her name once more.

"Aurora."

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Wow. This is great.
    I especially love the whole "descriptive writing one, descriptive writing two" thing.

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

Wow, wonderful!
    It was very exciting to read! :chuck:

Theazninvasion68

Thank you for the comments. I don't usually submit most of my writings here anymore, but its good to know you enjoyed it.

Thank you again :D

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

You are welcome!
    And if you have more of that, share it! :)

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I'd love to read more. Do you upload them to DeviantArt or any other websites?

Theazninvasion68

I tend to write poetry. This is an usual case of a short story. Maybe I'll submit more soon. :)

Least, more on stuff that sounds worthy of being posted :) thanks for the encouragement. I'll see about what I can do.