Michael Jackson- retrospect.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by aki*lp, Jun 26, 2009.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Talk about all his work and share thoughts and opinions.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I just went to a club tonight and they were commemorating him by playing his best songs. I never fully realized his breadth of GREAT work until tonight. Through his music, he has become immortal.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Exactly. There really isn't anything that one can point out be a failure as far as his work goes.

Personally, although "Thriller" is/was the ultimate Michael Jackson song I can't say it's my very favourite. "Bad", "Billie Jean", "Do you remember" "Black or White" are amongst my favourite.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm not going to pretend I'm a Michael Jackson buff or anything but, when I was younger, I had a Thriller cassette that I listened to quite a bit. And obviously there was also Do The Bartman.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I remember trying to do the moonwalk and I always failed at it. No one can do the moonwalk quite like Michael Jackson.

I pretty much love all of his singles. "Thriller" is definitely my favorite. I remember being scared of the music video when I was younger, lol. Ah, memories.

Even though his life was cut way too short, his music will live on forever. <3

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Like Andrea, when I was little, I tried to immitate Michael's moves, especially the lean from the Smooth Criminal video. I would always fall on my face.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

yeah no one can dance like Michael Jackson. I think that's what really set him apart from everyone else, I mean his music was awesome but his dancing was just as awesome and really brought his shows to a whole new level, awesome music+awesome moves=EPIC SHOW OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. I love his anti-gravity shoes though, those were crazy.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

This! ^_^!.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Invincible and HIStory?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

History didn't sell well but musically its one of his best albums.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

He was indeed the King of Pop. No one has beaten his world record of most albums sold with Thriller. He was an inspiration to many of the greatest, like Elizabeth Taylor and etc. It was so ironic before I had even heard about his death, I turned my computer on and started dancing to Beat It. Then I was another forum and I saw the thread. I seriously thought it was a joke. So I read the thread and it was real. My friend Kasey was so upset she was crying. Just days before, she had been given a Michael Jackson tee shirt. Then I turned on the tele and it was all over the news for the whole day "Michael Jackson, dead at 50." He really has changed the face of pop for over 40 years. I can even do an awesome dance to Billie Jean.

Derek

What breaks my heart is that people that are close to him are coming out and saying that they let their MALE kids around him, and that he never molested them...and that being around him on a constant basis it was apparent that the accusations were lies and that people were taking advantage of his (sometimes) bizarre persona.

For the record, MJ didn't settle the 1993 case. His insurance company did and it was against his wishes. He wanted to fight the case vigorously to prove his innocence, and his insurance company thought it would be better to keep it out of the limelight. By doing so they made him appear guilty, and now that he's dead..it's becoming clear he wasn't. The 2005 case was a fraud, and those same people tried to sue Jay Leno for money. Michael never touched a single child (a year long probe was conducted in 1993 and he was found absolutely clear of any wrongdoing), and instead he gave money to charity and helped kids with cancer live happy lives.

It's time for people to respect him for the philanthropist, and amazing musician he was and stop treating him as a freak, because hundreds of people who knew him personally and let their kids stay with him said he was an incredible father/person and was not the villian the media made him out to be.

Hopefully in death the truth comes out. May he rest in peace.

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie. I am guilty of making fun of MJ, assuming he is in fact a child molester, making jokes of him, laughing at others jokes, etc.

But in the end, when I saw the news at work, I felt nothing but sadness for the loss. Despite his attitudes, strangeness, and the allegations against him, he made some of the best music ever. It's the kind of music you never listen to, and yet when it comes on, you know every word, it brings back memories, and it just touches you.

I remember so many of his music videos. I remember being scared of thriller. I remember the sweet changing faces in black and white. And then there was that one movie with the evil scientist guy after the kids and MJ saved them. He was like a childhood super hero...

He was a man of many talents and I hope he is remembered for his art rather then the jokes.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'm trying to avoid all the news reports. Just seeing them make me feel depressed and sad. Trying to do everything to keep my mind away from this tragic event.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

It is as if the World realize that what a legend He Truly deserved to be claimed as before this week.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

People usually don't realize how great a person is until they die. As sad as it sounds, it's very true. Look at Elvis, Dale Earnhardt, John Kennedy. These are people that did great things in their respective field. They were one of the best at what they did, and to a lot of people, they were immortal. Then they died, and people couldn't believe it. Those people were legends, and legends aren't appreciated until after they're gone.

"A legacy is not about what you did while you were there, it's about what happens after you're gone." - Darrell Waltrip

For me, personally, I wasn't around for Elvis or John Kennedy. But when Dale Earnhardt died, I couldn't wrap my head around it. Hell, 8 years later, I still can't bare to see "Dale Earnhardt (1951-2001)". Given the guy was my ultimate hero and no one else will ever come close to that, Michael Jackson has the same impact. I used to listen to his music when I was younger, and although I strayed away from that type of music, everytime I see "Michael Jackson (1958-2009)" I can't wrap my head around it. As I said before, the guy moved music. He influenced a lot of musicians in both small and big ways no matter how far away from the "Pop" genre they may be. He created awesome music video's, and was really the first one to use crazy movie effects in his music video's and a lot of bands and musician's followed. He set the bar in a lot of areas, and some may never be touched, like Thriller.

I think the reason why this is so hard on people is because it was so sudden. People didn't expect him to die so suddenly, therefore it's a lot harder to deal with.

May he rest in peace.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd completely agree with that.

Also, about the whole child molestation thing. I think that it's possible (even if not likely) that MJ did do it, just because he was so incredibly naive about things like that. What I mean is that from what I've gathered, to him there didn't really seem to be a cut off age for his "friendship group," as you may call it. So everything that occured (or could have occured) between him and these children was innocent to him.

Finally, I think Yuri Geller's a prick.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think the naivety was his biggest problem in that area, if anything. He was so flippant about what he definitely did do with children (letting them stay at his home and come into his room and so on) that he didn't realise that, even if he didn't actually commit sex offenses, a lot of people would jump to those conclusions anyway. I disagree with quite a lot of the things he did, but as far as that's concerned I lean quite a bit more towards him not being guilty.

think i'm a fire engine

think i'm a fire engine Well-Known Member

It doesn't please me that he's dead, but I still don't like his music.

Derek

I'm still stunned the man who made Thriller is gone.

That is one of the best albums and songs ever.