Mike Gives Details Regarding ATS & Album Length

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

When did he say LP >> Metallica that made you feel the need to make that comparison?

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And even better...what made you feel the need to trash a band you proclaim love for in your screename, just to proclaim love for another band?

You sir do not make sense.

3. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

i know i'm sorry but metallica is my fav band i realy pissoff when ssombady talking like this about them
    thy r almost 50 years old and they r playing thrash metal
    do u think chester voice can be the same as now after 20 years???and lp can play by-myself or one step closer the same when they r 50 years old???nooo
    but metallica do they r playing hit the light which it's from the first album 30 years agoo

4. Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

See this is where the public school system has failed us, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Chester is lucky enough that he is surrounded by people that will help him maintain his voice for a longevity. So yes, barring some unforeseen cataclysmic disaster, Linkin Park will be just like Boston, The Who, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, the Rolling Stones, Journey, Kiss, Queen, Bad Company, etc..etc...etc and be able to perform years and years into the future.

Oh, and here's a shocker, Chester has screamed on Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and some on Minutes to Midnight. Depending on the direction of the new album, we may see a more vocalized/harmonized Chester and less screaming. Just a thought, but this would only help him to preserve his voice for longevity. Plus, he may be sick of screaming since, we all agree, he has a very powerful singing voice.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

what??

6. luisjs

luisjs Active Member

Exactly.
    Sorry, I just had to :p

7. Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

I don't want to start an argument about this, because it wouldn't lead anywhere, nor would it prove anything. However, I would gladly sit the whole day to talk about it (in another thread), as it's as debatable as your comment above. All I am going to say is check out everything from Kill Em All to And Justice for All. Metallica's reign as "ultimate metal gods" lasted for approximately 7 or 8 years. I would even add The Black Album to the list. As to where they are right now, they are close to their 50s, and their latest album, even though it's an average attempt of reviving their spirit from the 80's, was a huge risk and a pleasant surprise coming from their side. It's faster than anything they've done in the past 10 years and playing those songs live is still a hell of a task. Add all their previous songs to a setlist, and you're in for a night which may be Metallica's last.

Believe me, I've seen them in Budapest, and they still haven't lost a single drop of magic, which is pretty badass considering their age. Sure, Hetfield's voice is not a lion's roar anymore, Kirk is sometimes messing up his solos, but Lars' drumplay is still a fucking amazing journey. Regarding all of these, every band will arrive at this stage at some point, some already have, sadly. But Metallica are still alive and still kicking ass, which is godlike enough for most of their fans.

8. Derek

Believe me, I was never doubting their musical proficiency. I just think comparing Metallica to Linkin Park is like comparing Snoop Dogg to Daughtry. They're not really even the same genre. LP isn't and hasn't ever been metal. And I say this with a huge respect and admiration for LP as a band.

9. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

LOL
    That's cruel :cool:

10. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Yeah being metal doesnt make you good, i can think of a bunch of metal bands who if they "linkin park-ed" themselves a little theyd be alot better.

11. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I don't care about Metallica, nor will I ever. I'm waiting for Linkin Park to release their album and that's it for me right now.

12. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Mustaine>>>Kirk

:D

13. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

When it comes to Metal the only band I'm willing to call "Metal Gods" is Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden > Metallica.

</tangent>

14. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

So because Metallica are your favourite band no one is allowed to criticise them huh? What an arrogant attitude.

Metallica are not the only band consisting of members of that age who are playing Metal music. Check Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Twisted Sister and many other old Metal bands. What's that got to do with anything?

How do you know how Chester's voice will sound like in 20 years time from now or how LP will play By Myself or One Step Closer for that matter?

What point are you trying to make by saying Metallica are playing a song which was created 30 years ago? There are many other bands who are doing the same.

15. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Metallica is redneck metal. How can anybody listen to them without thinking it's a joke? I mean, look at this:

[​IMG]

*hides*

But in all seriousness, I just don't get it. I'm not gonna try to argue my point, and I don't wanna get anyone in a fuss, so I'll just leave it at that.

16. Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Opinions are opinions. Not going to dig deeper into that. As Shayan said, there are plenty of great old metal bands, who are still around, however, it is up to everyone's tastes to label them as "gods". Though I'm highly skeptical of that term.

17. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I was just joining in. I just like the Maiden and thought I could be an ignorant fanboy too.

18. evulture

evulture Banned

[​IMG]

How about this? :p

19. Derek

Okay, can we start talking about LP in a Linkin Park thread? I know I contributed to this thread getting off topic, but it's gotten out of hand. Let's drop the Metallica/ACDC hate in here please. Enough is enough.

20. evulture

evulture Banned

Dude the point he might be trying to say is that it DOESNt mean the fans will disrespect a band if they a making almost the same type of songs .. I dont know for other bands but SLAYER, MEGADETH, ACDC, IRON MAIDEN, LAMB OF GOD, and the list goes on and on .. and they had been making music since 1980's and still their popularity hasnt decreased.

edit: sorry my last post Mr. Moderator :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.