Mike Shinoda Confirms Solo Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Link

Link lolwut

Awwwwww..... This bums me out on one level and one level only. This is taking away time that the band could use to write great songs and record them.

On the other end of the spectrum, I am psyched. I'm not known as a hip-hop fan. But I do like some artists like Kanye, Common, and many underground types. Any rapper that can write a song that hase more basis then just "Lick my lollipop" or equally childish stuff is okay in my book. And that's the kind of stuff Mike is going to be laying down.

I fully agree that Mike's record has the potential to be classic. Perhaps when the MTV kids hear what an actually talented man can do in hip hop, they'll sway from the idiotic trends in rap right now and start listening to emcees who can rap about more then just tits and ass.

I'll definantly be buying this album. To those concerned that this could hurt the image of the band... Isn't the image of Linkin Park as bad as it can get? People already call LP the "NSync" of rock. So let Mike drop a hard hip hop album with harsh language.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, because throwing in some random curse words will prove to everyone that LP are infact a really cool band. :rolleyes:

I'm not looking forward to the album that much. To me, it'll just be filler material until the next LP album comes out, much like LIT & CC.

Link

Link lolwut

I guess that's what it looked like. But that's not what I meant. Oh well, I think you understood what I meant and so did everyone else, so I'm not going in to an explanation.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I think it has the potential 2 be a classic , as mike said he's producing the whole album , in producing he really got skillz we have to hear if he also can prodcue hip hop song but will see that on the album or on chali 2na's solo , The thing is he isn''t forced to work with people , he just works with friends
    and he just does if for fun not be commercially succesfull , that'z why I think it's gonan be a great album .I also think jay and 2na and styles of beyond will be on it becuz the all are friends from mike.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

I'm totally for this as long as it doens't screw up the band. otherwise I'll be WAY pissed. Also, this better not slow the production of the enw LP album.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

i think this is great period.

but, i think a lot of people are getting a head of themselves here and also setting mike such high standards (dont tell me illmatic isnt one of the highest standards that can be compared to)

I just hope this isnt filler like someone said earlier on till the next lp album, because i beileve the filler was alread released in the form of CC.

I think if mike can turn out with an above average hip hop record. Id be overjoyed. But, comparing a mike shinoda solo album to anything great in hip hop now is wrong. Wait till the album gets released and then we can see what level mike is really at with his raps.

This is gona be awesome though.

EDIT: does anynone have problems playing this video. mtv says that i dont have windowms media player 9 when i have media player 10 installed lol ;)

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

word ^^ I also shouldn't overrate it already

iHybridora

iHybridora Member

i'm with him, i be cool with this, i just want LP to be the same. Go Mike! :mike:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

i'm with him, i be cool with this, i just want LP to be the same. Go Mike! :mike: [/b][/quote]
    I'm a chic.... but it's cool to know that someone agrees with me.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

mike still calls this a 'side-project' which kinda worrries me. I woulda thought that this was more than just another side-project.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

This is sick and all...but won't it slow down the album process...

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Possibly Ice Cube. Mike had some meetings with him. [/b][/quote]
    Decent. That's my blood. I wonder if he can get Del too.

xero agnostos

xero agnostos Well-Known Member

Possibly Ice Cube. Mike had some meetings with him. [/b][/quote]
    Sick

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I can't wait for this. All-in-all, I don't think this will hurt Linkin Park as a band by ANY means necessary. (w00t)

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I hope Mike uses his rapping skills instead of embassing himself as shown in Meteora.

GothEthical

GothEthical Well-Known Member

:D I'm going to keep a look out for the CD.. Can't wait. :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Decent. That's my blood. I wonder if he can get Del too. [/b][/quote]
    I've said it once, I've said it again, if he can get Mos Def or Talib Kweli on the track, that'd be sick.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Finally it's been confirmed.

Just think about all the other artists he can get to appear on it. Jay Z, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, Chali 2na, Pharoe Monch, Proof, etc...

I'll be buying this.

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Yes, this is what I have been waiting for, for Mike to show his skill as an emcee. We know when Mike produces and writes his own stuff by himself ["And One", "Step Up"] his rap is ace, and to hear him show his full potential with other greats, and not just famous people, but truly awesome emcees like Common and Black Thought this album has HUGE potential. Mike doing all the instruments will be cool too, this guy has talent oozing out the ass, er, well, bad example, but still.

Now let’s hope he can come up with some phat beets and have Joe do some turntables, which would be swell!

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think it'd be awesome if he had some rhymes like he does on It's Goin' Down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.