Mike Shinoda Rips Off Garage Band

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by sicx, Oct 5, 2005.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think a mixture of the three would work out fine. :lol:

XVZ

XVZ Banned

Holy Sh*t dude ur right it sounds the same

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

And you're a tiny little man, get a life? I probly have more of a life than you, since you're the one with how many thousand posts? Please. [/b][/quote]
    HAHAHAHA! snap

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I think you're missing the point here. Mike said he was going to play most of the instruments AND... AND make his own samples. I could give a fuck less if Mike samples at all. Sampling is hip-hop (Kanye West duh). But it's the fact that he seems to pride himself on not sampling and making his own.

Now "making a new beat" is a different process. In music there are two types of samples. Loops and one-shots. One shots are what the "beat" are made out of. One drum, one snare. The beat isn't pre-made, but each individual part of a drumset is. THAT takes creativity! Now getting a string section to re-do a Garage Band sample? Not so much creativity involved.

So there's a difference between "HE USED SAMPLES FOR THAT BEAT!" and "HE COPIED GARAGE BAND!" Saying the beat is sampled is like saying playing a keyboard is sampling every note of a real piano, it is, but it's not. There's a difference.

Even though I just typed that, I really don't care if he samples or not. Sampling is a part of hip-hop. I just don't want dudes to get making a beat and using a string sample twisted. And yes, it's royalty free so he can use it all he wants.

P.S. - I've fucked myself, wrote and produced my first album in under a year, and failed at many a thing!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah it is a little sad that Mike just took the sound and didn't alter it at all. Mike goes on about making the album organic then rips off a computer made sample.

Sad thing is we all know Mike probably could've written a better violin sample then that..

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

yeah...I have to admit it sucks that he did that.....but it is a hip-hop album......rap artist do it all the time.....but I did expect better from mike.....especially since he had an orchestra at the time......ohwell

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mike just has to step it up because honestly Fort Minor so far is a joke. He should just call it Styles of Beyond ft. Mike Shinoda because he hasn't outshined SOB at all on any of the songs released to date.

Infact his lyrics on his own songs have gotten worse since Meteora..something tells me this isn't Don Gilmore.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

So what?

If it wasn't for samples we wouldn't have half of Tupacs songs, many many Eminem songs or Many Coolio songs.

Its true Mike could have come up with a better sample than this but to be honest I think the song is fine and pretty catchy and Fort Minor is shaping up to be quite good.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

...and thats then end of that chapeter :lol:

Geki

Geki >.

That's kind of weird, but Mike does what he wants.

ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

so what ur saying is that mike ripped some stuff of a grage band that havent hit the big time yet??

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

and he likes what he does :lol:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: I don't see this as a big deal and just because sicx posted about it. It's kind of interesting. Some people in this thread really need to calm the fuck down though. The attacks are ridiculous.

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

haha this is a sad notice, but if you listen to the end, it goes UP instead of staying flat... that's a difference :)

and who knows

we're all up on mike saying he ripped it off... .maybe he DIDN"T... and heard that somewhere (the violin song on whatever the program is) and a couple months later, when writing... kinda was like i want to be like this ... and starts writing violins basically with the tune in his head he heard a while ago but not really remembering where he heard it...

i've done that quite a few times with guitar and sometimes i never remember where i heard the riff...

example:

http://www.myspace.com/boojitsu21

song: Lacking

i wrote the song... and later found out i ripped off a band called lovedrug... the guitar is very similar (if not identical) but still a different style song, whatever.... so if any of you know lovedrug (or don't and are interested in checking them out) you can see how i basically "copied" them... but i honestly didn't mean to haha

-Boojitsu21

Aplacetorest

Aplacetorest Active Member

Do you have a life?

Oh my god, Mike copied/ripped off/ACTUALLY USED GARAGE BAND in a song. Get over it. It's a tiny little sample. [/b][/quote]
    good call