'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

So I've listened to every song and this is how I'm feeling.

Wake honestly sucks.

Given Up sticks out like a sore thumb, but is still freakin awesome.

Leave Out All the Rest is absolutely amazing

Bleed It Out has absoultely AMAZING rapping, but I wish the chorus was less repetitive.

Shadow of the Day is bland and is just kinda boring.

What I've Done has a special quality to it that I can't put my finger on.

Hands Held High needs a more like, military sounding drum. Also, the f-words are totally unnecessary. Still, I really like it.

No More Sorrow, and I know I'm alone on this, is definitely my least favorite track on the album. The only part I like is the drums at the start. The rest of is just not pleasing to my ear at all.

Valentine's Day- Man, I hope this song is a single. It's so.....dkbsjklvsnbkdbn. Haha, I can't put it into words. Just good

In Between- I like his singing quite a bit but I wish he didnt repeat the words so much

In Pieces- Haha, wow, this song is so......amazingly different. And awesome. The solo is so cool!

The Little Things Give You Away- Amazing song. It does drag on a bit during the fourth minute, but the rest is just incredible.

Overall, I really like this album. I'm praying that the itunes songs are more studio tracks though. I'm already dieing for more. I need Minutes to Meteora Theory right now. Please dont make wait another century for the next album.

Please? :bounce:

2. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I think you're misunderstanding. It's not that people want another HT or Meteora, we just want something in the vein of it. This album is so different than what LP are known for and they just take all of those elements away. We want the rockin', hip-hop and electronic elements fused together again. We want to hear Hahn ripping it up on the turntables and Chester and Mike just blasting us with a barrage of vocals like no one else. Cool song titles and maybe some awesome samples like on the Xero tape. I liked the QWERTY song name, just unique and awesome sounding. I also think they should of kept No More Sorrow as the song title "EBow Idea." That's the LP I like. Don't get me wrong, I like melodic songs A LOT, but not when it consumes 60%+ of a Linkin Park record. The Little Things Give You Away is an amazing track IMO and a great way to end the album. It's not a terrible record by any means, but just not the LP I love. The ideas leading up to the album all sounded great on paper but the execution wasn't as good.

3. BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I think we lovers of the album should come together in some sort of...LP '07 fan club. :p

Anyway, I totally agree with you on all points except "In Between" I think it was the best track on the album because it said what it needed to say to me. I guess it just hit you differently, either way, Love the sound, love the album.

4. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

In no way, shape or form did I expect this album to be anything like Hybrid Theory or Meteora. But I didn't expect it to be chock-full of poppy ballads and almost no heavy guitar riffs. The solos were way overhyped, and the songs they hyped up were the worst ones on the CD. Granted my tastes have changed greatly, but I listened to this with an open mind and hated it. When I say there's no consistency, I mean that it goes from one heavy song to a soft song to a heavy song to a soft song, it's annoying. There's no flow to the album at all. Also, can anyone say "Closer" when they hear that beat in "Shadow of the Day"? Come on. I just flat-out didn't like it. There's a difference between changing your sound and changing your sound and sounding good while doing it.

5. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Well, that's what I was expecting judging by the whole "dark, poppy, and melodic" quote from over a year ago. That's always stuck with me.

That's fine, you didn't like it. But the whole "changing your sound and changing your sound and sounding good while doing it" thing is solely your opinion. I think they sound great. We could go around in circles over this and make no headway.

I wasn't aiming that comment solely at you, mostly at those who are saying "OMG WHY RN'T THEY NUMETAL ANYMRE THISSUX". You can tell which of those people are only fans of heavier music just by the songs they like and don't like.

6. CureForTheSession

My gosh, I hate how people are hating on this album so much. I understand, it's not your style, but you don't need to completely trash the band for changing their sound. They didn't kill anybody. It's music, so relax. I understand you're dissapointed, but there's a lot more important things in this world than Linkin Park. It makes me sick to see people this worked up over music. If somebody wants to make a death metal song one day, and a country song the next, by God, let them do it. To each his own. The band doesn't owe you a great new album. I personally don't like No More Sorrow or Shadow of the Day much at all but they're making music they love, and if that makes em happy, then let them be happy and stop acting like it's the end of the world that the new LP album isn't something you like

Period.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  7. Will

Oh. Yeah. I know that it's just my opinion, and I know you weren't aiming that comment at me. But I figured I'd throw that out there so people knew I wasn't just bashing it to bash it.

8. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I take it you downloaded the 224kbps leak. It's been nuked due to it's volume issues.

9. Will

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Lois, this is not my Batman glass. But seriously, who are you to judge how harshly someone is allowed to judge Linkin Park's music?

10. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Yep, I definitely heard that.

11. Secret.Squirrel

Secret.Squirrel New Member

I've downloaded the album at around 8 AM eastern. I've lost two hours studying for my exam (the exam was another 2 hours away) because of the CD and I'd do it any day of the week again.

I also want to get this out: If you're waiting for the "official" release date, don't. It's stupid that you won't listen to it because it's not "officially" out yet.

In the end (no pun intended), those who wanted to buy this album and support the band will buy it anyway. Those who download it now and had no intentions of buying it in the first place, have no impact on the sales, anyway.

So anyway, back to the album.

If you expected the same old Linkin Park, you're probably in for dissapointment. There are only about two or three "old LP" songs, the rest is pretty much brand new and different.

Different, yet great. They've added new depth to their discography that we have never heard before, and it really shows their talent.

If you're a fan of music, do yourself a favor and pick up this album now, and buy it later. While yes, it's true there are some slow songs, most are pretty darn good.

Just great, I can't wait to hold the original CD in my hands!

12. CureForTheSession

I honestly don't mind if you rip every single note to shreds. I've done it with other bands and I'll eventually do it with this album. All I'm saying is that the way you typed it made it seem as if Linkin Park had done you some terrible thing by not making music that you're absolutely in love with. It's possible to say you strongly dislike something without making it seem like the end of the world. That's all I'm saying. If you didn't like the album, as I said, to each his own. That's all good. I just ask that you don't make it seem like some great tragedy.

13. Will

It is a great tragedy. :p

14. CureForTheSession

Bahahaha, that made me laugh. But I guess that's what happens when something changes this drastically. Oh well. Just, don't let it ruin your weekend too much ;) And who knows, the songs may actually grow on you.

15. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I'm still most disappointed over Dave. He's still simple as always. *sigh*

I was hoping that he'd push himself to at least go one notch above the quarter root notes throughout chords. *shrug*

16. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

i feel the same way. HOPEFULLY i'll change my mind and see some quality in them that i haven't yet uncovered, but i think my tastes have matured considerably and i'm able to see songs for what they are after about 3 listens... and they still don't impress me. and even though linkin park has matured, i doubt they'll have some sort of lasting quality that will make the songs grow on me to that degree.

17. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

After listening about 3 or 4 times through, I have to say my favorite songs are the slower ones. That's very weird considering they're the most different LP songs. I guess I've just grown out of the angsty hard songs, although I still enjoy them, but not near as much as the soulful, meaningful ballads like "Shadow of the Day" and "Valentine's Day". It's hard to pick a favorite on this album, but if i Had to it's probably "The Little Things Give You Away". I think people need to quit bashing other people about their OPINIONS of the album. It's not going to make them like it anymore or any less with what you say. Just let them have their opinion. If they don't like it so what? If you don't like it, then that's too bad. It happens.

18. Nemesis23

Nemesis23 Well-Known Member

omg, totally not what i expected.

Wake-3/5
    Giving Up-4/5
    Leave Out All The Rest-5/5
    Bleed It Out-4/5
    Shadow Of The Day-4/5
    What I've Done-4/5
    Hands Held High-5/5
    No More Sorrow-4/5
    Valentines Day-3/5
    In Between-3/5
    In Pieces-4/5
    The Little Things Give You Away-3/5

OVERAll:4/5

Great Album
    Really Deep And Inspiring
    A Definite Buy

19. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

are you crazy???

those songs are the best stuff LP has ever recorded, Brad is amazing and they are epic great songs...

il give them 7/5 if it was mathematicaly possible!!!!!!!!!

20. Will

Congratulations, arbaks, you understand the concept of an opinion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.