mosh pits

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jon[athan], Jan 8, 2005.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

hey i want to know how many moshers we have out there :D . i moshed couple times at some concerts but it was a small pit each time. maybe only 40-50 ppl. but i still loved it.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Wrong forum.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I've been in quite a few moshpits, it's got so much more life and energy than just sitting around all the way through a gig.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I got in a mosh-pit at my school dance in 8th grade and at a talent show my 9th grade year.

School Dance:
    Me and some of my friends starting moshing to AFI for no reason at all. They had this DJ guy, and we requested Slipknot, but he played AFI instead. What made it even worse/funnier was that they had a big screen that played music videos, and they were playing Girl's Not Grey. Fun time.

Talent Show:
    A local ska band called The Orange Tatics were playing in the Talent Show, and they did a ska version of Outkast's Hey Ya!. What made it even better was the lead singer of another local band called Civil Uprising made an appearance, and sang on it too. They played the song twice. It was awesome. Since the little theatre they had the Talent Show in had seats everywhere, some of my friends and I and people I don't know went up on stage and moshed. One guy started slam dancing. :lol:

I'm not allowed to go to concerts until I'm 18, so I'm fucked. Not like anything comes to Tennessee anyyways. I already know what my first concert will be, too. The 2007 Bonnaroo.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

stood in the middle of the mosh-pit during New Found Glory and i got kicked in the head about 20 times but the damn security were pulling people out that where actually ontop of the crowd NFG were getting really mad and were telling them to leave them alone.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

How do you mosh to New Found Glory?

-------
    I've been to CBGB's for a couple of shows. Most of them were Hardcore bands like Youth Of Today and No Warning. I got the living shit kicked out of me.

Jon[athan]

lol ya that happened to me too like the security was in the center before we actually started moshing and he was all like telling us to stop so we just rushed him :D it was awesome.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i have been to over 50 concerts and have moshed in a ton of them.

the second time i saw Pennywise i was in the circle pits the whole time. it was so great! so much energy!

i think the mosh pits at local shows are rediculous, though.

but i love to mosh. it released so much anger! it is a hell of a lot better than kicking the crap out of someone.

one more thing: I hate crowdsurfers!

i was almost knocked out by one. i forget what show it was, but i was in the vry front and this guy fell on my head and my head slammed really hard into the metal bar. if it hadnt been for being squished by all the ppl i would have fallen. that was the closest i have ever come to losing conciousness.

hahaha but anyways, i love to mosh....as long as there arent a whole bunch of big, drunk, sweaty guys w/ no shirts on. trying to kick the crap out of you or grab ur boob.

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, I do, get killed every time....worth it though heh

Best - Moshing to 'The Art Of American Football' - Funeral For A Friend...that is THE ultimate pit! Mint as...everyone in the building, maybe 1000 people kicking the shit outta eachother..was great!

IlluminatedShadow

IlluminatedShadow Member

I've never moshed before in my life and am going to a Slipknot concert in 11 days. I'm going to get wasted.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

:lol:

You mean drunk or just get beaten in the pit?

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

hahaha thats funny! im planning on goin to one of their shows too..
    ive moshed before tho.. there wasnt the hardcore shirtless bald dudes in it tho.. the ones ive been in were weaker than some ive seen.. my favorite "mosh" experience was when i was with my friend at this years projekt rev tour show in chicago (tinley park) when they were playing one step closer.. everyone was just standing there so we started one..

IlluminatedShadow

IlluminatedShadow Member

Wasted as in getting beaten in the pit. Maybe wasted as in drunk too though...

Jon[athan]

ha ya...damn right your gonna get wasted. never moshed...slipknot conert... id stay out of the pit. they can get pretty damn big, and dangerous with the amount of ppl that get in it. course any pit can be dangerous if you have no idea what your doing. but still.

IlluminatedShadow

IlluminatedShadow Member

Yeah...I will try to stay clear of the mosh pit...I guess a Slipknot concert is not a good place to mosh for the first time. I get the feeling that if I moshed I would get trampled.

Jon[athan]

ya itd be in your best interest. i started moshing to a garage band in a small pit with the basic style of moshing. but in a concert like that of slipknot or linkin park the pits are huge and the ppl are crazy

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I think the whole moshing concept is stupid, why don't you start a fight-orgy during a concert? It's pretty much the same...

This is coming from a mentally senile, morally distraught person...

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Moshing really can be an emotional and physical release.

everyone gets so hyped up at concerts. it is way better that they do that then start 5,000 fights.

but there are always those assholes that just wanna hurt someone. the security normally gets rid of them, though. it just takes the crowd to tell them.

moshing isnt bad. it just isnt good if ur not ready for it or dont know ur limits.

be careful!!!!!

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

ya itd be in your best interest. i started moshing to a garage band in a small pit with the basic style of moshing. but in a concert like that of slipknot or linkin park the pits are huge and the ppl are crazy [/b][/quote]
    Even a Linkin Park one is bad?
    I thought only Death Metal or Metal crazy bands would be scary...I want to go to a Linkin Park pit so bad though :unsure:

Jon[athan]

Even a Linkin Park one is bad?
    I thought only Death Metal or Metal crazy bands would be scary...I want to go to a Linkin Park pit so bad though :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    oh ya. because there are soo many fans that like to get into it. i was reading some wheres that when LP first started touring their pits were among the top 5 on a list of the biggest/craziest. they have probably died down some...i wouldnt know but they are probably still crazy. but yes metal has the worst because of the "angry" lyrics and the screaming tends to work up fans.