MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

MAYBE the video has similar fire effects to the video for Somewhere I Belong! =) lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This announcement fits with the band's timetable from the ATS release:

July 8th: Announcement of album title and lead single name.
    [three weeks later]
    July 28th: "The Catalyst" played for first time on radio.
    [one week later]
    August 2nd: "The Catalyst" released on iTunes.
    [six weeks later]
    September 14th: "A Thousand Suns" released.

=

March 28th: Announcement of lead single name.
    [three weeks later]
    April 16th: "Burn It Down" played for first time on radio

If we follow that timetable, we could be seeing an album by mid-June.

3. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

its already on youyube i heard this 5 days ago.the link was on a lyrics wensite i dont remember which.

4. maclieberman

so we read about what the album will be like from Chester but it leaves me with one big question: Will it feature any screaming? on ATS, the only screaming song was Blackout..well and a little on "Wretches and Kings"..i really hope to hear some screaming again but....i watched last years performance of "Blackout" live and well....i honestly think Chaz's screaming is coming to an end.... =( i just hope to hear something of that capacity on the new album...heres Blackout...probably the weakest and hoarsness ive heard him even though u can tell he still tries harder..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyqly_JG1tI&feature=related

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You probably fell for a fake. :)

And things will only get worse with snippets or multitracks from the song becoming available within the next while :" - expect thousands of remixes that people claim to be the actual song.

6. Arjun

i knew it was fake.i had given the link on the forums and all of us came to that conclusion.
    you've never seen him live have you?

7. maclieberman

no actually lol..ive watched many videos of him live...and hes damn good which is why hes my inspiration to wanna start screaming/singing like him but his voice in the live version of Blackout sounds so different! like...when he screams after a freestyle, his voice will squeal in the middle of the scream at times!

Edit: actually i watched another video of Blackout live and he sounds sooo much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gGV5cO7Ts

So to my original question...will there be screaming on the new album? lol

8. saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because I heard he was a little sick in that concert. I don't think his screams are coming to an end, because he still screams in other songs and they sound really good. For example, listen to his scream in this live performance of 'what i've done' here at 2:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c1w056MItU It sounds amazing. And his scream in 'given up' live is still I think pretty epic. Look at this performance of 'given up' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglo2VjH88w
    Like this one

9. minuteforce

Ohh, I get you :D

A couple of factors. Firstly, the recording quality has a big effect on how the vocals sound to a listener. Secondly, while the band's technical crew do their best to replicate the treatments the vocals receive in the studio for a live show, the sound environment means it'll never quite sound the same. Furthermore, the way the vocals are mixed, both live and for live recordings, will inevitably be different from the mix on a studio recording. That's not the most important factor at work here but it's still one to consider.

Finally, Chester has to perform songs like "Blackout" as part of sets that are at least an hour long. The energy he expends just being on-stage, coupled with the number of songs that all require him to give 100%, means Chester live performances will never really match the level of what he does in the studio where everything's precise and he has the chance to perfect every 'performance' at every point during the recording process. :)

10. maclieberman

maybe he was sick and that was the ONLY video i saw/heard of him not up to par on the screaming...but the guy goes above and beyond for us...i like that....Linkin Park attempted punk in a song on M2M (Given Up) and was successful...Chester indeed does own on screams..ive listened to Given Up live and he adds a little extra scream besides his 17 second epic moment lol and that extra scream in What Ive Done...i didnt know he was possibly sick in that one performance of Blackout...the guy goes above expectations for us..

11. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I second that!

12. Arjun

thats a good point ....quite possible to happen.

13. Mark

Trust us, guys. We're going to be on top of any leaks or first listens of Burn It Down, and it'll be up on our front page/Twitter page within minutes of it occurring. You will know when it happens. In all likelihood we won't hear the single in full until April 16th. So please, save yourselves a lot of wasted time and effort on YouTube, and save us the hassle of having to repeat ourselves ad nauseum about it being fake, and stop allowing people to take advantage of your gullibility.

14. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Imagine when the real song hits and everyone hates it even going as far as to say the troll versions were better.:awesome:

15. minuteforce

Yeah, this too. We've been pretty spoiled when it comes to quality of Chester's live performances in particular and it's easy to forget that not many lead vocalists can deliver as well or as consistently as he does, considering the notes he has to hit. :)

16. colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

Is there another way I could watch the clip since Im not from the US?!

17. Arjun

you pessimist....you just angered the Rexoda now it wants to kill you "GRRAAAAARHHHHH" :dino:

18. Mark

[youtube]rp74DTkZC1k[/youtube]

19. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

The set looks very "Alien-ish"

20. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Excellence, now all Linkin Park need to do is lend the single to the soundtrack of a massive upcoming console game! BUT... WHAT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.