New cd of LP

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Schopman, Jun 19, 2004.

linkin_park_luver309

linkin_park_luver309 Banned

where did you find that interview!! I wanna se it!!! Is Chester in it??
    (w00t)

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

To be honest, I think their reputation has already taken a knock. [/b][/quote]
    True and not true.Reanimation did not do very well at all (even though in my personal opinion it was their best album) thats kinda why they aren't so popular anymore,however lets not forget that Hybrid Theory was the best selling album of 2001 and I think thats a big pro to their reputation.And anyway most artists have an album that flops and we don't know what LP are cooking up so lets not get too hasty B)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Reanimation went two-times platinum worldwide. :mellow:

Luke

Yeah but when I say it didn't do very well at all alot of reviews and people were saying it was rubbish.People buy the albums its only after they listen to it that they decide wether they like it or not (unless they just bought it for the cover for some strange reason) and Reanimation was a quarter of what Hybrid Theory got in terms of going platinum. People probably bought it because Hybrid Theory did so well

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

I think that people didn't listen to Reanimation enough. I didn't like it much the first time, or the second, hell, not even the third time! But then it really started to grow on me. Now I love some of the remixes! The Pushing me away remix is even better than the original song, and same with With You!

I think that if those people who said it was rubbish should listen to it a few more times, and just forget the sound of Hybrid Theory. Reanimation is completely different in sound, the only common thing is the basic melody...

No matter what, LP's new CD will be awesome like always I'm hoping. I have loved every song so far and doub that'll change...

Luke

Ditto

By myself is a whole much better than th original same goes for Points Of Authority,Forgotten,Place For My Head,Runaway & My December

But its all good B)

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Ok, the Reanimation songs that pwn are:

Place For My Head
    Runaway
    Forgotten
    My December
    By Myself
    and 1stp Klosr

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

That's so true and sad. I was born in Ecuador (South America) and I was in a very expensive school (I'm not rich, though) and my class knew about a lot of rock bands. I remember that in the 2000, 2001 years we listened and talked a lot about Linkin Park (I really got into Linkin Park after Meteora, and because it was my first band), but in the next years, all about Linkin Park was forgotten, and when Meteora was released no one talked about it. They lost popularity. And in the Latin VMAs of 2003, the Best International Rock Band Award went to Coldplay, and the nominees were Audioslave, LP, and Radiohead....

Sad story but true.....

Luke

That's so true and sad. I was born in Ecuador (South America) and I was in a very expensive school (I'm not rich, though) and my class knew about a lot of rock bands. I remember that in the 2000, 2001 years we listened and talked a lot about Linkin Park (I really got into Linkin Park after Meteora, and because it was my first band), but in the next years, all about Linkin Park was forgotten, and when Meteora was released no one talked about it. They lost popularity. And in the Latin VMAs of 2003, the Best International Rock Band Award went to Coldplay, and the nominees were Audioslave, LP, and Radiohead....

Sad story but true..... [/b][/quote]
    Same here

I'm from England and everyone used to love LP in my area,wearing LP clothes,Hats etc. and playing LP's music out loud (especialy In The End and one step closer) but as soon as reanimation hit everything about LP was forgotten.

Sad But true

But hey theres still the true LP fans and we all rock on to LP!

But theres one thing that bothers me,I didn't like reanimation at first but i got into it and now its my favorite album,if these dimwitted individuals listened to it a bit more i reckon it would be their favorite album aswell