Next new Cd?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by slammer800, Feb 25, 2004.

slammer800

slammer800 Banned

When is Linkin Park going to come out with a new cd. They need one, instead of making singles from Meteora. They should make it that on there next cd to have all of there music videos on it from there previous albums. Even though some of them suck and some of them are awesome. If they stay together for the next few years, they need to start some new songs and add some of the non-album songs on it so that the public and hear them.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Linkin Park is still touring so i think it'll take more then a year to get a new album ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Mike already said the earliest he can see a new album is Summer 2005.

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

LP might not even have a neew albumn out in 2005, im guessing that the earliest it could come out is late 2005

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

Hey! This is from Tribnet.com:

While the band took three years to release "Meteora," Bennington promised that fans would not have to wait so long for new material this time around.

"There's a good chance by the end of the year you're gonna hear some new stuff that's not on any of the records," Bennington said. "It's kind of early to start talking about it just yet. But we plan on releasing something by the end of the year, and it's going to possibly include some music that you're not gonna find on anything else except that one piece."

Could it be another remix CD, a la "Reanimation"? A maxi single with a few b-sides?

Bennington remained guarded on the subject. "We're just now starting to plan it out," he said.

new stuff is coming ;)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Year 4 of LPU is out in November. The year 3 cd wasn't that great so I think they may put something on a year 4 cd.

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

yer im hoping it is too, im not bothering with LPU3.0

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

January - March - Meteora World Tour

March - July : Time-Off. Finish writing the songs and come up with some ideas in Mike's home studio.

July - September : Projekt Revolution '04 featuring KoRn and Snoop and two other bands

September - April 05 (Maybe A Little More) : Record the new CD.

April - May : Mix The Album.

May - September : CD Comes out.

That is how I would like it but a little more time on the CD.

Meteora89

Meteora89 Well-Known Member

O man i cant wait that long :unsure: it takes em a long time to put out new CDs jeez.

:kicking:

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I hope they have something new soon.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Well they have to make sure everything is perfect and they don't work 24 hours a day.

Me too. I don't consider remix or live albums as 'new material' because they're basically the same songs recycled in a different way.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

:D YES a long wait untill the nest LP CD B)

mp066

mp066 Well-Known Member

:D YES a long wait untill the nest LP CD B) [/b][/quote]
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't wait that long!!!

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Me too. I don't consider remix or live albums as 'new material' because they're basically the same songs recycled in a different way. [/b][/quote]
    Thats a nice simile. It's a good thing they're taking longer this time around and hopefully it will be better than Meteora's caliber.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

I'll be rooting for it to come out early 2006, that way, i wont think of them as sell-outish as before. i can wait, i like a lot of bands.... it will be fine.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The fact Meteora's followup might not come out until late 2005, early 2006 is a good thing. Meteora only took 18 months to make, and despite it being 3 years since Hybrid Theory was made it still was essentially a short time for the album to be in production. I mean 18 months is only a year and a half of working time, not that much.

Linkin Park started working on Untitled Album Numero 3 (Meteora's followup) in late 2003 according to reports. Assuming December was when they started, if you count the months till maybe...March 2006..that's about 28 months of working on this album. Could you imagine how much more time they'd have to perfect this if they spent 10 more months then they did with Meteora working on this album?

The next album could be everything Meteora was not, and a higher calibur then what Meteora turned out to be. LP knows that they spent too little time working on Meteora so thats why they thought Summer 2005 at the EARLIEST. June 2005 would be 18 months from now, but seeing how they said summer at the earliest, its clear they want to spend a lot more time working on this album.

LP have seen the complaints fans had about Meteora (I guarantee it) and are working as long as possible on the followup to make sure it lives up to the fans' expectations. Dont wish for LP to rush another album out, wish for them to spend as much time as they feel perfect on the 3rd album, so that it can be everything us fans want it to be.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I honestly think the next album will smash HT and Meteora. Not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that I'll be so different you can't compare them at all. Like you can't compare Metallica's "Saint Anger" to "The Black Album". I really think they're done with clinging to their masterpeice Hybrid Theory.

I hope. :wth:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think we all do.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Watch the 'Making Of Meteora' DVD and on chapter 12, listen to what Mike says:

"Our album would very likely, not have come out until 6 months later, or those songs would've just been trashed."

All the crap Meteora/the band got in 2003 would've never happened.