NHL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Jul 13, 2005.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

25th or 26th, I believe. It's coming very close. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, just checking to see who they get.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You can watch the draft live on TSN.ca. :)

Colorado are 27th, Edmonton just picked and they're 25th.

Wait, did Colorado trade their pcik to Washington, I think I missed something.

AHHH! Toronto got Jeff O'Neill for a conditional 2006 draft pick! I still don't think he's all he's cracked up to be, but he fills the slot left by Owen Nolan. I think he can rejuvenate his career playing for his favorite team. Poor guy had his brother die in a car accident last week.

Friskey™

Yeah, they traded their 47th and 52nd picks to Colorado for the 27th. Damn.

Mark

Yeah, they traded their 47th and 52nd picks to Colorado for the 27th. Damn. [/b][/quote]
    Oh well. You've still got a great future with Marek Svatos. And you've still got Milan Hejduk, Alex Tanguay, Joe Sakic, and Rob Blake. It's too bad about Forsberg and Foote not receiving offers, though. I never would've though Colorado would let Forsberg slip through their fingers.

Friskey™

Oh well. You've still got a great future with Marek Svatos. And you've still got Milan Hejduk, Alex Tanguay, Joe Sakic, and Rob Blake. It's too bad about Forsberg and Foote not receiving offers, though. I never would've though Colorado would let Forsberg slip through their fingers. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, they're still in it I believe. (Can you tell i'm an Av's fan?) :lol:

Mark

It's good to see American hockey fans. :lol:

Friskey™

You damn right :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:mellow:

:lol:

Friskey™

Ant

Ant Ambient

Um, they signed Forsberg before they made that trade... if you mean they're making cap room for him, yes. Clarke said specifically at Forsberg's press conference that they were over the cap and they were going to trade someone.

Friskey™

I meant by that they're paving the way for Forsberg to be the new leader of the team.

Mark

Leafs still haven't done anything. Ugh. But I hope they sign Allison and Lindros, both are near definites.

Ant won't like this, but I've heard rumblings of a Zetterberg for Antropov + 1 other Leaf deal. They'd trade away Zetterberg because they're eyeing someone bigger, possibly Palffy.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Oh. I don't think that really had anything to do with it -- him being a "leader" or not. J.R. wasn't the leader of the Flyers... nowhere near it. If anything, Keith Premeau is one of the leaders of the team.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Don't count on the Leafs doing too much... they're too saddled with bad contracts.

I've heard that rumor, too, but it was started by someone in Toronto... and Toronto always starts rumors that good players are "rumored" to be going there. Personally, I love Zetterberg. He's the future captain of the Red Wings (yes, over Datsyuk)... I don't want to see him traded because Holland doesn't want to give him a measley $2 mil/year when they can still do that, easily.

And Antropov is really just an assumption... the rumored deal is Detroit sends Zetterberg to Toronto, Boston sends Thorton to Detroit, and the Leafs send someone to Toronto (possibly Antropov). I don't really think Palffy has a chance here, personally.

I hope that deal doesn't go through, but anything can happen... Holland will certainly lose my respect if he pulls the trigger on that deal, considering Hank isn't the one holding out for a ton of money, Datsyuk is.

Edit: Gosh dangit, I keep forgetting to edit my posts together.

Also... good place to check out the free agent signings:
    http://www2.sportsnet.ca/nhl/free_agent_tracker.html

Good place for rumors (albiet some are more credible than others):
    http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

Mark

Did anybody see Crosby on Leno last night? Hehe. They had him shoot pucks into an open clothesdryer. He hit the dryer to the left on the first two shots, missed his third, then fired in his last two shots. It was awesome. :lol:

I'm going to try and find footage.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Man, I was trying to remember to watch that but I forgot :angry: I always do that! :lol:

Mark

CNBC repeats epsiodes, I think. Check your listings.

Leafs signed Allison to a 1 year deal. Awesome.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yzerman finally made his decision and the Wings signed him for 1 year...and he's one of our lowest paid players this year. Nick Lindstrom ranks in at over $7 Million and he's our highest paid. We still have about $11 million until we reach the salary cap.

Ant

Ant Ambient

No one can make more than 20% of their team's cap... Lidstrom's salary will automatically go to whatever 20% of our cap is. But, you're right, he'll probably be around $7 million.

Chelios signed for $850,000, too, which I thought was an extremely classy move on his part. We also signed Frazen, who was a draft pick last year -- Detroit's scouts are extremely high on him and he's actually going to be a third- or fourth-line player! :)

Only major issue I see now is getting Datsyuk and Zetterberg signed, as well as signing Chris Osgood (which is likely the goaltender we'll go after).

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yeah, we still have Legace. if you go to Yahoo! sports and go into NHL and then into teams and then in Red Wings, there is a news link you can click that says "The Status of Your Red Wings" and it shows the salary of every player under contract so for and who exactly is signed.