Not attracted to the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Creep, Dec 25, 2005.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Who here isn't sexually attracted to the opposite sex? I admit it. I am not. Although I wish I was because I feel as though I cannot grow up and live the life that I wanted to live. I won't have my own family. I won't have my own kids. If my parents knew they would be more crushed than they already are. I don't want to bitch but it is a bit tough knowing that if i admit it to those close to me they will never look at me the same again. They may still be my friends but never the same. I have currently informed my brother (which I actually did on Christmas yesterday) and one friend. I am going to tell another of my closest friends later today.

Please share with me anything you wish to say or any stories or confessions that you can.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
    Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

:surrender: I admit too. i have tried to become "normal", i just realized that i am not who everyone thinks I am. when i tried to talk to my family, they totally became people i never knew. they didnt accept it, and so now i hide again, until things calm down, or change. rock on creep. :headbang:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I am attracted to the opposite sex, but I respect the both of you for admitting this. And it's okay. It's hard to admit, I know, but it'll settle in over time.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

I'm attracted to both men and women. I personally think that women are prettier to look at. :p

Creep and DJ Ronin, it is very good that you guys can come to terms with that. Admitting it will allow you to be yoursleves and therefore live a much happier life. Admit, embrace, and live.

One of my friends could never admit that to his friends or family becuase they would literally kill him. :sad:

You guys just have to trust that people will accept this, and if they don't, they arn't really your friends. Family is a little harder to deal with, but I don't see how people can be so close-minded that they wouldn't accept who their childeren are.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

got to admit i do like the opposite sex :)

girls are just fun

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

there are a couple of times i thought about it, because guys are assholes. i almost got into a relationship with a girl. long before...um...11/14/03. seriously though, i know tons of girls that decided to not like guys because of the way they were treated by guys. and then they were fine in their relationships. honestly i don't care. i have been attracted to girls before. (especially carmen elecktra, omg she is BANGIN!!) but real girls, around here. idk, does that make me bi...cuz right now i am not exactly attracted to anyone...important at least.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

You really do need a good slapping. Wake up. Do you insist on jumping on every bandwagon you hear of?

As for Creep - it's great you can come to terms with how you feel. For that I salute you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with who you feel you wish to spend your life with. Some people do tend to be very narrow minded though, so just take care with how you deal with it

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I look at girls all the time. I love girls, I like guys too but not as much. Only occasionally I'll find a guy that is cute and I don't mind dating any. I really would loove to date a girl though. I never have, yet I've been attracted to girls for so long. But yeah, I've never intended to tell my parents. They're heavily against homosexuals and so forth.. I'm afraid of what would happen.

I think Dj_Ronin's like the only guy on LPA that's not attracted to the opposite sex, awsomeness. <3 That's good that both of you accept yourselves though. I've accepted myself a long time ago, because I realized when I was a child I used to love girls as well in a way but never realized it. Like when I noticed Cameron Diaz in The Mask when she wore a red dress. o_O I used to think she was hot lol. Well, still do lmao.

But yeah, I accepted myself I think over two years ago. Never dated a girl yet though.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

I'm not exactly sure, since I'm still young *cringe* I can't believe I said that. I like both guys and girls. I'm not looking to get into a relationship with a girl, but I can't rule that out in the future. DJ_Ronin and Creep, I really respect you both for actually being able to admit that.
    Right on.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
    rosanna

read what i said: i almost got into a relationship with a girl BEFORE i realized that guys are assholes. i was 14. i was confused about my sexuality.

now i get emotionally attracted to guys. not physically. seriously. at all. i dont know why. maybe i am bi, i don't know, i'm trying to stay away from people these days so i may never know.

around here its accepted to be gay. only individual families are against it. people that have told their parents that they are gay generally did not have a bad reaction. not a good one either, but an acceptance that this is the way it is. too bad it can't be like that everywhere else.

Nikki

You're still saying guys are arseholes. You still need a good slapping

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm heterosexual. I don't like the thought of men doing it with other men myself but then it's not my business. I can respect it. I don't let it affect my opinion of whether they're good people or not.

I don't mean to start anything but I can't say I've ever met a 'bisexual' who isn't just putting it on or confused due to adolescence. But if you're sure that you're one, fine. Good for you I guess.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
    rosanna

i had a friend once that said that bisexual people are greedy. i don't agree with that. i have a friend now, he's bi, and he's not an adolescent. it just doesn't matter to him who he is with. i guess. he's not blatantly bisexual, i mean i know he has sex with girls, but we'll watch tv and he'll talk about hot guys he sees. idk.

Nikki

That doesn't mean he's bi. I've kissed a girl. I've commented on how hot another girl may be but I'm not bi.

I swear to god I'm going to slap the silence mode over you..

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Another lad came on to me once. ^_^

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

You're right, you really DON'T know.

That doesn't make him bi.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

So.....what you're saying is because I say a guy is good-looking, that makes me bi? Well hand me a rainbow flag! I must be bi!

No, just no.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

*applauds*

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Rosanna: Saying that someone is attractive does not actually make you sexually attracted to them. It's just sharing the fact that you think they're pretty. If I said, "Wow, Kate Winslet is so hot." would that make me bisexual? I think not.

But back to the point of the topic: I have so much respect for anyone who is brave enough to tell their family and friends that they are attracted to the same sex. A lot of people wouldn't say it for fear of not being accepted. It makes me happy to see people who are open about the way they are. It's nice when people can be themselves.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Im really glad alot of people here accept homosexuals. it makes me feel like i have people i can count on. hopefully, my family will feel the same way, but thats later on down the roads. believe me, telling the truth about such a subject as this is very hard, and noone knows everyones veiws on it. thank you everyone.