Official Playstation Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, May 15, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

That's probably the date for when the European PS3. They may just get it later than Japan and North America.

2. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

That's probably the date for when the European PS3. They may just get it later than Japan and North America. [/b][/quote]
    Isn't it usually a Japan - North America - Europe order?

3. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I believe Japan gets shit a month ahead of North America, then us, then Europe a few days later.

4. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Europe doesn't get things a few days later always, it's usually months.

5. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Europe doesn't get things a few days later always, it's usually months. [/b][/quote]
    From what I can remember, the PS2 was something like "Japan - North America six months later - Europe and the rest of the world a few months after that".

I really doubt Sony will release this on a worldwide scale, they'd have to wait until 2007 by then, considering they only had 500 dev. kits out as of the beginning of October and planned on making and shipping 3000 more.

I'm starting to think Microsoft is going to win this next-gen battle.

6. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

7. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I saw that article yesterday. It made me want the PlayStation 3, which is funny since I hate the PS2 and PSone. The only reason I'm not going to get it is because you can't play Halo 3 on it. I might get it later on down the line, though.

8. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Haha, Im not waiting another 2 years to get a next-gen console.

9. linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

10. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The controller still doesn't look comfortable despite the size. It seems like it'd want to slip out of your hand and you're screwed if you have big hands?

11. linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

i know, i have big hands and im only 14........ are my gaming days over :(

12. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm not going to judge how comfortable a controller I haven't played with yet is.

13. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Good Point we will have to wait until these consols hit he market to judge them fairly.

14. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I haven't played games regularily since August. It actually isn't that bad because then you have time to focus on things that are actually important.

And yes, there are things more important than video games. Shocking, I know. :lol:

15. Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

The controllers look hard to use but they might fit the hand because of extensive reserch or something, have to wait until they come out i suppose...

16. Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I sure hope the sarcasm filter was turned on there, because that is essentially terrible news.

Now we have to wait even longer.

18. Cale.

Cale. Banned

It was originally going to be released territory by territory starting with Japan. This is better, because now everyone has PS3, at the same time, and they can sort out problems, like those that plauged the 360 launch.

19. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

PS3's going to be insane I can hardly wait until I get mine but I'll probably have to wait for a while ...

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To me, I believe it's not worth it to not buy a console just because it doesn't have Halo 3. I have long supported the PS3 (even in the early days when beta screens were first released of games from both consoles), because it's proven itself to be more powerful than the 360 in its power time and time again.

Now before the 360 fanboys freak out and start throwing little factoids in my face, the proof is in two places: Blu-Ray and Metal Gear Solid 4.

With Blu-Ray holding over 5 times more then the 360's final disc space, the possibilities are literally endless. More space means higher quality textures, more complex player models and environments, and more importantly..far faster load times.

Also, having played 360 and seeing some games in action, I honestly have to tell you that the console feels like Xbox 1.5 to me. While MS boasts that the 360 is more than 80 times more powerful than it's predecessor, I honestly cant see it. Although Tomb Raider: Legend, King Kong and other games look impressive, they still look cartoony which I feel is the Xbox's downfall.

Look at MGS4/Killzone (which even though it was confirmed to be 'sped up' is still the ingame engine) then look at several 360 launch titles and try to tell me with a straight face that the PS3 isn't smoother and that it's graphics are worse than the 360's.

That's right, you cant.