P.O.D. - When Angels & Serpents Dance

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by danielpsoad-09, Apr 2, 2008.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

When Angels & Serpents Dance is the upcoming seventh studio album by P.O.D.. This is the first album to include Marcos Curiel since his departure from the group and first to be released by Columbia Records. It also includes Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies, Helmet guitarist Page Hamilton, guest Gospel Choir, and the Marley Sisters.

The album will be released on April 8th, but it's already on the internet.

---------------------

I seriously had big expectations on this album, but I listened to it today and I was disappointed.
    It's a decent album, but nothing GREAT as I was expecting.
    Sonny's vocals sound too wasted ... I really didn't like 'em.
    The best songs are the slower ones.

'Testify' is still my favorite album by P.O.D

What are your thoughts about this album ? Has P.O.D. the same potential that they had years ago ?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I thought the album is great. Upon first listen, it's a very laid back album but it's got some great moments. It's not my favorite by them but I still think it's a good album.

Addicted had me excited it'd be more like Southtown but it wasn't which was kind of a letdown.

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Its alright, their older stuff was better though.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Satellite > * P.O.D release

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Agreed

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I've yet to hear it... I'll probably preview it a bit. I actually think that The Fundamental Elements of Southtown is better than Satellite.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I actually wasn't expecting too much after the single was released to be honest. P.O.D. just seems like one of those bands that just don't hold up well over the years, sadly. :(

Still, I'll check it out.

Ant

Ant Ambient

That and the Fundamental Elements, IMO. All the rest have been utter garbage.

I'll respond in terms of this album when I hear it.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Garbage? lol... I wholeheartedly disagree. Plus, that's a little harsh

Anyways, I just heard the entire album. It's nothing groundbreaking, and personally I don't think it tops SOME of their previous albums, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Basically, there's nothing new, but there's nothing bad. The lyrics are a little simplistic for my taste in several songs, but the melodies are great. My personal favs off of this album: (In no specific order)

Roman Empire
    God Forbid (the intro)
    It Can't Rain Everyday
    End Of The World
    Tell Me Why

On a side note; I think that the band does indeed have the potential to release an album, or atleast a single or two that would be groundbreaking and amazing. Personally, I imagine that if the band probably goes on hiatus for a while, they'd return with a huge bang.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
    Ant

Ant Ambient

I don't think it is. I thought they were all garbage. Every single song since those two albums has been bland, I think. Not any one that stands out -- even the singles. To each his own.

Anyways, listening to this album, and so far it's decent. Only three songs in, though. So far nothing really stands out, though. The single is actually extremely weak, IMO.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

If you don't think that it's harsh to call an individual or group's work: 'garbage', of which they more than likely poured their passion and time into.. that clearly says something about your morality. Just sayin'.

Ant

Ant Ambient

LMFAO. No, it doesn't. If I don't like something, and I think it's garbage, I'm going to call it such. That's just my opinion. Others don't share it. Heck, I could write something and spend a lot of time on it, then look back and say 'you know what, that's garbage.'

Anyways, listened to the whole album now. It's better than their last two. Still nothing that really stands out, but this one isn't garbage at least ;) (IMO.)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

haven't listened to P.O.D. since "satellite" ... haha. :D

razer922

razer922 Well-Known Member

Agreed. That was their peak.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I just got a hold of this record and I've got to admit I was surprised by the opening track. It's really heavy compared to a lot of their older material.

While I find it a solid record, I don't think it compares to The Fundamental Elements of Southtown or even Satellite, but it's at least better than their last two records.