Pillar leaving Geffen Recordings.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by User Name, Oct 31, 2003.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

As you know, Pillar recently signed onto MCA Records and recently re-released their second album, Fireproof, into the secular market. MCA was bought out, and Pillar was moved to Geffen Recordings. It has now come to my attention that Pillar is now in the process with Geffen to get out of the deal, and once that is done, they will start negotiations with other labels for another record deal.

Here is a quote from Kalel (Pillar's Bass Player) outlining the whole situation:

This probably means that they will release the Broken Down EP through Flicker Recordings and will not be readily available at most retail outlets, therefore probably limiting it to Christian Music stores.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

heh, Kalel, like superman :p
    @topic:
    Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

I'm sure they knew what they were doing signing with a major label, so its likely they'll come out with all the integrity they entered the contract with. Money is different though.

User Name

Well, I guess one of the good things is that whichever label they sign with, they'll most likely be pushed strongly in Canada and in the US, unlike Geffen/MCA, who only pushed in the US.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

P.O.D. should sign Pillar to 3-Points.

User Name

Well considering 3 Point is owned by Atlantic (I think, I'm not sure), there might be a chance that Pillar will get screwed over like Project 86 did. Personally, I think the band should be looking at either Team Black Recordings or just any label that will allow them to carry their beleifs with them and along with that, their sound without screwing it up.

Will

3-Points is owned by P.O.D., not Atlantic.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

3-Points is owned by P.O.D., not Atlantic. [/b][/quote]
    I don't know anything about P.O.D., but i'm guessing 3 Point is their own label. When a band gets their own label it's usually always through the label the band is on. For example: Machine Shop is through Warner.

Will

I don't know anything about P.O.D., but i'm guessing 3 Point is their own label. When a band gets their own label it's usually always through the label the band is on. For example: Machine Shop is through Warner. [/b][/quote]
    But it's not owned by Warner. It's owned by Linkin Park.

blindside is signed to 3-Points Records, but their main record label is Elektra.