Preventing Suicide in Youth with Music

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Rahat, Jul 14, 2013.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I've started a Charity campaign with the help of a couple of producers as well as an indie label that goes by 50/50 records. A while back I recorded a song called Hero, which is about preventing someone from committing suicide. It was written in the memory of a friend of mine who took his own life. Now I've started this campaign once again in his memory with the hopes that I can help prevent others from making the same decision he made. A few producers are going to take my song Hero and basically make a few remixes of the track. Zak and The2ndhope from here on the forums have both agreed to contribute a remix each and we've also got a remix coming in from the owner of 50/50 records. We're going to take the remixes and release them on an EP via ITunes, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify, and more. All profits will be given to The National Center for the Prevention of Youth Suicide in support of their many programs for suicide prevention.

The program is run by the American Association of Suicidology and are based out of Washington D.C. I'm going to be working with their marketing director and their Youth Program Director in making this campaign as successful as possible. I've just put up a Facebook group a couple days ago for this which you can check out below:

https://www.facebook.com/TheHeroEp

I would really appreciate if you guys could take a second to like and share this and also check out the original song Hero which is available on the page. I am looking for some help though. I am looking for someone who would be willing to do an Album Cover as well as T-Shirt design. If anyone is interested please let me know. I also wouldn't say no to one or two more producers who might be willing to contribute a remix. Finally I am also looking for a couple people who would be willing to do some promotion for this campaign on a local scale. Putting up flyers in your neighborhood or just spreading the word, really anything you can do to help out would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading through and I really hope to get some of your help on this one!