Q. about Technique "Short"

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Bennington_Hahn, Aug 25, 2007.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yes, this is yet another 'Post Warner' Linkin Park question from 1996_LP lol...

I've always wondered about the instrumental on the HTEP "Technique (short)" and why its titled that way on the album

Was there even long version? and was it ever released? What rased my suspicions was this review of the EP on IGN.

http://uk.music.ign.com/articles/463/463269p1.html

The reviewer says:
    I dunno if this is belivable (As i found a technique on limewire that was simply looped 3 times), but waaaay back in 2004/2005 on LP.com (when it had the 'breaking the habit' wallpaper) there was a HTEP section with song lyrics etc. next to Technique it labeled it 3 or so minutes (like the reviewer said) instead of the 40 seconds it is on the album.

Am I thinking way into this? Was it simply a mistake or a reviewer making up a load of codswallap.>_<

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a 3 minute version..I have the 40 second version.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Hmmmm... I've never heard a longer version, but I'm not positive. I'm sure tasta knows, though.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The old LP.com site had the length of Part of Me accidentally listed next to Technique, that was just a typo.

As for the reviewer, my best guess is they either heard a looped version or the hidden track after Part of Me. There really isn't a "long" version of Technique, it's probably just labeled as "Short" for the same reason a lot of rappers put "Skit" after the titles of skits on their albums: so people listening to it aren't expecting it to be an actual song or anything.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Now that you mention it, I remmber it on the old LP site haveing the same length of Part of me.

Thanks guys.