Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You've started a debate that may never end.

Michele and Modern Guitar God like this.
  2. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I like how Mike forgets that he wrote a lot of these songs lol. His face when Chester says HTF

3. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I usually say dumb shit ^_^

4. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I don't think Chester was being sarcastic but Mike's reaction was hilarious :D

brady likes this.
  5. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Mike wasn't being sarcastic :lol: Chester genuinely likes Hit the Floor and Mike was surprised because they haven't even talked about that song in so long.

Captain-EO likes this.
  6. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Chester's cited Hit the Floor as one of his most-hated Linkin Park songs on multiple occasions. This is the only instance I can find after 5 minutes of Googling, but he routinely lumps it in with Runaway and Nobody's Listening as his "worst"/"least favorite"/"most annoying" Linkin Park songs.

http://linkinparkforum.forumcommunity.net/?t=33229838

Paranoy (17:36):I know there are no bad LP songs , but what would you say is the "worst" or "most annoying" song you ever did? Thank you for your music
    chesterbennington (17:38): paranoy- I’d have to say “Runaway” would top the list of my least favorite Linkin Park songs
    chesterbennington (17:38): “Runaway” and “Hit the Floor”
    chesterbennington (17:39): the best of the worst

7. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

His opinion could have changed though. I think you overlook that people's opinions can change. He mentions in the video that he thinks he "hasn't appreciated the song enough". While I won't argue either way definitively, I think it's much less set in stone than you're implying. If there's any lead singer that would be appropriate to have a 180 opinion on a song, it would be the one from the band that went from an album of hard rock to contemporary pop in my opinion. :lol:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    brady and Modern Guitar God like this.
  8. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Debated a separate thread for this but I'll put it here:

Even though it's not officially, I consider Reanimation to be a studio album. Anyone else feel this way?

brady likes this.
  9. The Joesen One

He probably likes it again after not listening to it in a long time imo. He used to hate Breaking the Habit, now it's one of his favorite songs. He also used to hate One Step Closer, and now he says he can't go on a full show without playing it.

Captain-EO likes this.
  10. minuteforce

I've actually always thought "Hit The Floor" would be just as good live as "Papercut" is. They have quite a bit in common sonically and musically, starting with the halftime rhythms
    I don't, but I can hardly call it a remix album either. It truly lies in-between the two labels in its own space, and I don't think any artist has ever done a project like it.

I keep saying that, in hindsight, "Reanimation" really foreshadowed "A Thousand Suns" in a few ways. Both albums are vaguely conceptual, sonically ambitious and show how LP can tackle a lot of different sounds and draw them into a cohesive listening experience; "Reanimation", which is categorised as a remix album, even has its own unique recurring motifs.

Additionally, like ATS, "Reanimation" was a risky proposition. By 2002, LP had only dropped a debut album and, in the eyes of the public, were now cynically cashing in on its runaway success by essentially releasing a clone (ironic, really). On the other side of the coin, "Reanimation" was also a big departure from the "Hybrid Theory" sound with its more pronounced electronica and hip-hop elements, so that made it controversial amongst rock fans.

The big difference between the two releases is that, by 2010, LP were capable of making an album like "Reanimation" all on their own, and from scratch. Not to discount collaborations at all, but that's a big feat and it was a clear indication of how far the band had progressed.

brady and Sonic like this.
  11. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

12. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Is there a pro-shot version of the Grand Central Station performances? I just watched some cell phone recordings and realized how cool that was, I'd love to see a nicer recording of it.

13. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

And for all of that beautiful things said, the answer was chipmunk sounds?

14. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Wait, Joe's still a part of this band? :kappa:

Halfway Dwight and Michele like this.
  15. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Who you think triggers all of the alvins & the chipmunks? :kappa:

Captain-EO likes this.
  16. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm guessing the band just stood around discussing their passionate love for Alvin & the Chipmunks? Then they all hop into their Mercedes AMGs and ride off into the sunset?

17. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Is there a way to still view this video? I would like to watch it, but it says it's no longer available.

18. The Joesen One

So part one of the compiled questions of #AskLinkinPark (including my Hit the Floor question) has been uploaded lol enjoy guys

It's still up for me. :huh:

19. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

It's a a available for me too:undecided:
    So basically they all listened to Chester and made unrecognizable music, they consciously decided to get rid of LP sound (although one can argue what their sound is) and of course bring more audience. They obviously succeeded and it took a lot of courage, it is their most polarizing album but it does stick in your head just like, again, Chester said. I start singing some versas out of the blue.

20. minuteforce

To me, they did do what they set out to as they discuss in that video. The songs on OML are mostly good songs all on their own, just in how they're written. I'm proud of the band for the writing/lyricism that's displayed on this new album.

Sasuke and Modern Guitar God like this.