Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Don't know if any of you have heard, but the OML studio isolated Mike vocals on Talking To Myself are pretty sweet

Michele likes this.
  2. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

"Mike doesn't have the vocal chops to lead Linkin Park on his own blah blah blah blah blah let's get *insert random generic hard rock lead vocalist* instead blah blah blah"

TobinKnowsBest likes this.
  3. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, tbh his singing voice isnt bad. As it shown it can be pretty awesome. He still could just do half of the LP catalog :lol:

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't think I've ever seen an LP fan criticise Stormzy's "Good Goodbye" verse without being racially- or culturally-insensitive along the way.

5. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

For the music production people out there: Just out of curiosity, what makes the chipmunk sample sound in "Sorry for Now" so effective/interesting? Like that trend of using Chainsmoker-like chopped sound samples as choruses were a big trend last year, but most of them are either repetitive, annoying or at best kinda bouncy & fun. But I just feel like it being used in "Sorry for Now" after the chorus was super effective emotionally for the listener. Is it because of how the song builds?

6. minuteforce

Could be the way the sounds are treated, mixed and positioned in the context of the mix, or just the specific melody, or the instrumental or the song ... or all of those things.

The Joesen One likes this.
  7. Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

No one is going to talk about Sock Noda? Or Boris the sock?

8. minuteforce

the masses are beginning to wake up ◬

9. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

THE CLONE SPOKE UP ◬◬◬

10. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

11. minuteforce

He's only there for the pictures.

Sasuke likes this.
  12. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

OML didn’t age that well for me. Not trying to get a reaction or be negative for the sake of it. I’m sure others have the same feeling as I do.

Captain-EO, minuteforce and Michele like this.
  13. Atticus

Sadly I have to agree. Maybe its just the newness of the album, but the direction Mike took indie/synth-pop in Post Traumatic blows it out of the water in practically everything but production values, which arguably has its own charm for being so in-the-moment and raw.

On the other hand, I've listened to Living Things front to back a few times recently and holy fuck is that album under-appreciated. It's unfortunate that it has to live under the shadow of A Thousand Suns.

Modern Guitar God and Sasuke like this.
  14. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

LT is one of my least favourite album from LP, idk why but i hate the album's mixing. Disappointed with IBG due to the fact Primo was better than the album version. Three Band Terror could be great if it was developed properly with Delson on the vocals alone.

15. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

LT is one of their albums that I listen to the most.

I haven’t really gone back to PT since it released but it has its own sound that most LP albums don’t have. I think fans are more engaged with PT since its the closest thing we have to closure after Chester’s passing

Captain-EO likes this.
  16. Atticus

I agree that Living Things has a TON of wasted potential:
    • The guitars drowning out the beautiful synths in In My Remains
    • The guitars once again drowning out the beautiful strings in I'll Be Gone
    • Primo is far superior to I'll Be Gone
    • Castle of Glass begs for more breathing room - imagine a five or six minute version
    • Skin to Bone lost all its folk identity
    • Three Band Terror could have been a full song
    However, listening to the album on its own merits, its an absolute blast from start to finish. Anthem after anthem after anthem, and then Victimized/Roads Untraveled throws a curveball into uncharted waters. And while the mixing does leave something to be desired, I think the production values are stellar. Overall the album rests as my third favourite behind A Thousand Suns and The Hunting Party.

17. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I remember back then there was a mention about CASTLE OF GLASS demo 6 min version. That would be dope since COG is my favourite song from LT. I wonder like if they would release new versions of IBG and IMR like what they did with Shadow of the Day (2013 version) and No Roads Left (2013 version) in MTM few years ago.

18. minuteforce

"Skin To Bone" still feels kind of folksy to me, but, even if it didn't, there would've been nothing wrong with the idea of taking it further away from that context.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  19. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

LT is my least-favourite LP album but when I listen to it, it still has some kind of charme for its' themes and lyrics. It should've been mixed better, obviously, and every song seems to say "hei, this should've been an acoustic album". Primo is an incredible demo, I'll Be Gone it's an interesting song but it's clearly drowned out. I still think LT has one of LP's best track ever, Powerless, and it's a shame it will never be played live. There should've been a Living Things Acoustic Edition, the song would've feel more raw and, ultimately, more poetic. Long story short, there was potential for an incredible masterpiece which ended up being just an ok record. A great waste, even for live shows, with very few tracks played live and ever less surviving after the album cycle tour.

20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

One More Light as a cohesive album doesn't hold up for me anymore, especially since Post Traumatic came out. The songs do good on their own, but I struggle to get through the entire album, similar, but not as bad as Meteora.