Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

2. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Including NIN's 1989 release, "Pretty Hate Machine".

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I wonder what current music Chester likes

Well, I'd say that it toes the line between two decades.

But, still, of all the 90s NIN albums ... :rolleyes:

4. Hishaminayat

Hishaminayat Active Member

YouTube is being invaded by Linkin Park.
    They're uploading a lot of their songs..
    What's going on?

5. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The game is changing... There are so many other people who have uploaded songs on youtube and can end up getting paid for it, if they get enough plays. I'm sure LP or Warner figured that they can jump on that and upload their copyrighted stuff so other people don't have to.

6. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

That's not how it works though. Youtube's copyright system flags LP songs so the uploader can't make money from them. (Or anything else, for that matter.)

7. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Also, Youtube streams also count now in Billboard charts. That's how one unknown song became a Top 10 hit for one week before disappearing completely (I think it was for the random people kissing commercial thing)

8. minuteforce

Big D mentioned a new YouTube music service waiting in the wings, and that these audio uploads could be in preparation for that.

9. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Sometimes I want Linkin Park to do those difficult puzzles again for the next album cycle. It's almost masochistic.

10. minuteforce

Those things don't enhance or otherwise connect to the album experience at all, though. They just occupy us while we wait :shrug:

So I don't like them as much as others do.

11. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I do too.

12. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

I'm still thinking that Linkin Park should have done five videoclips for The Hunting Party. For example, on MTM, we have one for given up, loatr, bleed it out, shadow of the day and what i've done. So, now i am thinking on the possibility of a video por Keys to the kingdom, rebellion and wastelands (the last two are the real final masquerade and until it's gone). I'm crying now... (I am an obsessive videoclips xD)

13. minuteforce

Well, that depends almost entirely on the success of the album.

14. AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

I doubt we'll get any more music videos for THP.

15. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Waiting for the end <3

The atmosphere(?) in this song is just beautiful.

16. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The truth is, Linkin Park did not manage their singles well. They released "Guilty All the Same," which just had no place on the radio without being severely cut down and deprived of Rakim's verse. They released this silly video game 'video' to accompany it, which just makes no sense. They put out "Until It's Gone" and "Final Masquerade," which had decent videos but were by and large unimpressive and forgettable (in my opinion, anyway).

What if the band had released a "Rebellion" or "Keys to the Kingdom," first? As singles? I can only imagine that the album might have gained more traction, and at that point it might have merited having five singles like Minutes to Midnight did. Granted, since A Thousand Suns, the band hasn't really put out that many singles. It's been no more than three per album, right? ATS had "The Catalyst," "Waiting for the End," and "Iridescent." LIVING THINGS had "BURN IT DOWN," "CASTLE OF GLASS," and, I guess, "LOST IN THE ECHO"? I think "POWERLESS" technically had video because of that ridiculous Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie or whatever.

It's frustrating, really, because I think the band makes the wrong kind of audacious moves when it comes to putting out singles. "The Catalyst" is just not a good single, and I feel it ought to have been more of a gem. Why not "When They Come For Me" and "Wretches and Kings" as options? LIVING THINGS was fine, I suppose, but then you come out with "Guilty All the Same?" and not even give it a fighting chance on the radio, nor an appropriate music video?

It's just tough. I don't think the band is really strategic anymore about the singles they put out. Especially when it comes to albums that really need firecracker songs to catch the attention of audiences - songs that are a little more catchy but also surprising... - why does the band not put those songs out?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the band needs to make better songs for singles - they already blatantly do that with some songs. They just need to spend more time thinking about what songs they put out first and how those grab even just a little mainstream attention.

17. AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

ATS had Burning In The Skies as a single.

18. minuteforce

"Guilty" would have made a good street single of sorts, and I think that's what it was to start with. It was definitely never suitable for radio. I thought Warner had a bigger hand in these sorts of decisions and I'm sure that they would've seen the danger in releasing that song to lead in the album

19. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Mike tweeted something like "props to the radio djs that play a six minute linkin park song featuring Rakim" soon after GATS was released to the radio. It's not like they don't know how these things work. I think they're trying to reach out to new fans. Everyone knows what SOTD/ITE/Numb/WID sound like, but maybe somewhere someone heard GATS the few times it was played and loved it, had no idea it was LP, then gained some respect for them. That's how I look at it anyway. I'm sure they gained a lot of fans/respect with SOTD when it came out. The only difference is light rock ballads were more mainstream then than Metal (or whatever you wanna call most of THP) is right now. And we've heard their reasons for going visceral a hundred times.

20. LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

There's a shorter radio edit version whaaaaaat?? :ohno:

[video=youtube;bcxokKt7ULc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcxokKt7ULc[/video]