Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Don Gilmore wasn't involved with the remix project; Shinoda was the executive producer. He's the one who had the idea for the album and what it would be, so he was responsible for coordinating the whole effort, curating all the material and filling in all the gaps that needed to be filled. As the credits tell us, he headed up several of the remixes personally, provided new lyrics, vocals and guitars for other people's reworkings, created all of the peripheral tracks such as the intermission to fill out the tracklist, and was heavily involved in the visual aspect of the album on top of that.

All of this while Linkin Park were basically still on tour.

2. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I seem to get a bit of an Aphex Twin (SAW era) vibe from this track too, which a refreshing sound coming from LP. The percussion in the track however proves it was Mike Shinoda who made it :p

3. minuteforce

The section where everything kicks in at 2:25 always reminds me of a similar climactic moment towards the end of "Windowlicker". It's all the distortion, I think, and how it's all kind of lo-fi and pretty

4. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Reanimation is still as bangin' as ever nearly 13 years later. I have long hoped for a "Reanimation 2.0" or something that has a similar philosophy/direction to it. And no, I don't count Recharged as a true sequel.

5. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

6. minuteforce

:lol: Good for the kids

7. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone counts recharged as a sequel lol.

8. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

The Hunting Party is at least a good candidate to be "reanimated" or need to be done "acoustically" [see Final Masquerade (acoustic version)].

9. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I really thought they'd surprise us with an acoustic EP after we got the acoustic FM. I made sure to not get my hopes up, but I'm still a little disappointed haha.

10. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

It feels a bit funny how you include Issho Ni in your top song list and justify that move by stating that there's nothing in the song that ruins it. :D Sounds like most of LP's songs would have elements which totally ruin them for you.

Ok, I know you didn't really state this as a reason for that move, but it felt that way...

Me also always liked Issho Ni very much, as it's climax is so powerful and the low-fi atmosphere is just cool.

11. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

My hope is that:
    Victimized is to the Hunting Party
    as
    Waiting For The End is to the next album
    That's the best way I can articulate what I want from the next album lol.

12. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

:huh:

13. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

If the album's songs are as high quality as Waiting for the End, and have similar song structure and stuff, that'd be cool. I really hope the next album doesn't have reggae sounding stuff, because Mike's rap is my least favourite part of WFTE, it just sounds wrong, and I normally love Mike's rap.

14. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yup, didn't follow that at all.

EDIT: Wait, I think I get it. You want the next album to sound like Waiting for the End except bigger and better?

15. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Just listened to "Dave Sbeat feat. Joe" again and immediately had to think of Kanye West because of that ridiculous Autotune use.

16. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I've identified the source of the problem.

17. minuteforce

That is absolutely the case.

18. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Maybe not bigger, just more of it. Victimized was like the one-off raw, heavy, guitar/drum driven (yes i know there are many synths) songs we got between ATS and LT. WFTE is kinda unique too, just harder to describe. It's a nice balance of natural-sounding vocals, soft and energetic sounds, Mike not rapping about being a badass, and cool electronic sounds that aren't in your face electronic like blackout, burn it down, etc. Everything on THP is raw and guitar/drum driven, I hope the next album has a lot of the qualities of WFTE.

19. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I agree that LP needs to explore more of what WFTE had in terms of it's unique structure. a more jolly vibe to it. Like Chester and Mike said that the song is heavily influenced on "The Beatles". The band needs that kind of inspiration again for their next sound. The heaviness and raw stuff we had from The Hunting Party is okay but we need something new, something different, much different from A Thousand Suns. My guess is that they are totally burn out after ATS. LT & THP are some sort of supplements to fill in while they are trying to regain new ideas for a more unique album same as ATS again.

20. minuteforce