Random Thoughts 23!

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Luke, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Where I live, it is not dirty, nor violent.

Only Awesome.

http://www.valencia.com/

2. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I swear to God, take a name of any city in Europe and you can find at least one in the US that was named after it :lol:

3. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I know Missouri has towns called London, Paris, Berlin and Amsterdam. They're all small hick towns that I've never been to or ever plan on going to.

We also have a town called Cuba, which I have been to, if stopping there for gas and lunch at Jack in the Box a couple times on my way home from somewhere else counts as being there. Oh, and I've also driven through Vienna a couple times.

Unfortunately, we do not have a town called Fucking :rofl:

4. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

So you can have a breakfast in London, lunch in Berlin, dinner in Paris, smoke a cigar in Cuba and then go party at night in Amsterdam without even leaving your state :lol:

I was reading in papers the other day about Fucking and how they're pissed off at tourists for stealing their signs haha :)

I imagine the same thing is happening in Dildo too

5. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Those cities are all over the state, I think if you take Cuba out of the equation, you'd be better off going over to Europe and going to the real cities :lol:

One of these days I'm going to get to Fucking and Dildo and get a picture of myself in front of the sign.

Oh, and we may not have Fucking in Missouri, but we have Cooter and Knob Lick. I've driven through Cooter before.

6. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Oh damn

7. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Yeah, that's because you don't live on the west coast of socal!

I lived in Trinity County in the middle of fucking nowhere norcal for 10 years where there are no cell phones or internet. California is the most diverse state in the country! It has EVERYTHING!

They were specifically speaking about LA... and I explained it perfectly. ;) Four words, that's all that's needed.

8. Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I NEED A CARZ.

9. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I love Trinity County. Used to vacation on the lake every year when I was a kid, at a campground near Trinity Center, this tiny little nothing of a town in the middle of the national forest. It had its own little tiny airport, a post office, a restaurant, and a little grocery store, and that was about it. The restaurant had a huge hand carved statue of a sasquatch out front.

10. Holiday

You're kidding!

I lived only miles from there! That was my childhood home!

I lived on Carrville Loop neighbors with the Carrville Inn.

No one EVER knows where I used to live! :lol:

Oh and the Sasquatch restraunt closed, as well as the airport... and the water is so low that you can't even hike to it from the boat launch ramp. :ermm:

And I'm sure you used to camp at Wyndtoon, but now it's a KOH.

Everything is so different now!

But Jacktree market is still there. and has a gift shop now! :p

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  11. Ophelia

I've only ever known one other person that knew what I was talking about, a boyfriend I had in college had been there once when he was a kid, he randomly told me once about the statue in front of the restaurant.

Yes it was Wyntoon, we went there every year from the time I was like 11 up until I quit going on vacation with my family when I was 19. The owners of that place were awesome, this German couple, Henning and Marion I think their names were.

My favorite thing though, and we did this a few times, was the hike to Lake Eleanor. My worst memory was the rock quarry like place on the river, there was this hole with a rock walkway in the middle of it, and water on both sides. I slipped and fell in, and there's driftwood floating on top. I stood up and was soaked head to toe, and then I saw a water snake swimming across the top of the water. I screamed and ran as fast I could to get out.

12. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Dude I love when alarm randomly decides to beep and everyone at the room stares at each other as if to say "I'm not going to do it, you do it"

13. Holiday

Lmao! There are a lot of snakes! We found some awesome ones!

Yeah... I moved there when I was two, my brother was born there. I learned how to fish, swim, and explore in the Trinity River/Lake. I learned how to survive in the Trinity Alps... and how to identify tracks, scat, clawings, castings, and feathers! The Trinity Alps are by far the most diverse forest I have had the pleasure of exploring! I would set out barefoot at dawn and just explore! <3

I also went to just about every school in the county and went to Weed Elementary for 5th grade! Did you make it up to Mt. Shasta and Weed? See the volcanos!

Black Butte was so fun to hike up!

14. Ophelia

I went to Shasta once for a week, that was when I was 10. I remember my dad putting up our tent, and flipping over a huge rock to get it out of the way, and a scorpion the size of my hand underneath it. EWWWW.

I think Trinity is nicer in terms of the forest land. I want to go back and explore the area more when my kids are a little older, I love to go hiking and its a great area for it. I like Weaverville too, its so pretty around there.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  15. Holiday

Weaverville is where my phone was stolen last summer! >_<

Trinity is the prettiest place I have ever been to I think...

Our house had its own creek and fresh spring which all of our water comes from. There is nothing better than ice cold water fresh from the source! XD

16. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

California - HEYHEY!

17. Ophelia

I have to agree, its up there in my favorite places.

Next time you are over this way we should try to meet up or something Holly, it would be cool to meet someone new.

18. Holiday

hehe ^_^

It's nice knowing someone who actually visited there!I lived there for years and I never want to give that place up! I convinced my dad not to sell it... it was on the market for a while and I freaked out on him. lol

Greates.place.ever

19. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

:lol:

20. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

secondeded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.