RECHARGED - Review Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Qwerty19, Oct 21, 2013.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Sounds like your least favorite tracks are my favorite :p

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

It could be just remove that rap from pusha T guy
    and add up the guitars

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think "adding up the guitars" would take away from the overall feeling of that remix.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

That bass in the Rick Rubin remix, though!

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

This!

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

This question wasn't rhetorical. Could any reviewers comment on whether the value/quality of the music justifies the price of the whole thing?

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Are you talking about the price for the limited edition or the cost of Linkin Park's time? I don't really understand.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I mean for buying the thing on iTunes.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

I guess that depends on your musical taste. You could listen to it here at first.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Haha yeah. I was a bit harsh in saying I HATE it, but in terms of being a huge EDM fan turning a hardcore influenced song like Victimized into a breakcore song is the least Mike could have done in my opinion. That probably took him a half hour.

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

1. Awesome for what it is. Catchy and I don't mind it being so generic because it's a collab.
    2. Meh. I feel like people are overrating it because it's a Shinoda remix. It's ok, but not great.
    3. Great Dub remix, full of energy. Just a little repetitive (like most dubstep to me).
    4. Hated it at first, but now love it. It's just so weird that I love it.
    5. Favorite besides ALTNC. The song structure and the new verse from Mike are great. The chorus is better supported here than in the original instrumental. This would be what I want to hear live.
    6. Awesome sounding, again a little repetitive. Would be cool in concert.
    7. Meh. Rapping is no good for me, and RU doesn't really translate here, the lyrics just don't fit.
    8. Not that great at all. Not catchy, not meant for remixing.
    9. Aight. Not far from the original, not really worth listening to more than once.
    10. Useless to me because the Money Mark one is so much better.
    11. Awesome! Feels like a new FM song almost, if only they didn't keep the original vocals, I think it could've been even better.
    12. Useless because the vice remix is so much better!
    13. See 10
    14. AWESOME. Almost wish that this was what LP had made originally, and that the original was a Steve Aoki remix. Very unique sound and the clearer vocals sell it.

Overall, it's ok. I just don't see why this is an album really. It would be different if there were like new verses on all the tracks or something, but it just feels like a compilation rather than a cohesive creative project. Maybe it's just because some of them have been out for so long. And because there are much more deserving remixes than what is on here, such as Reliving Things...

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This is SIN! :samuel:

I absolutely love both though, so don't make me choose!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So, how are the proffesional reviews?

raptors661

raptors661 Active Member

Did a quick google search and I didn't see a single positive review.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Gotta say I'm glad.

Stay away from EDM.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

The Vice Remix and the Rick Rubin reboot are the only things I like about this album.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

arghhh probably the first LP album that i didn't like and first time giving full marks to a LP album...
    Only ones i like are probably mike's remix , ALTNC, I'll be gone , Skin to bone , ending part of until it breaks. I guess maybe because i am not really a EDM fan. Thank god this is just a remix album and LP said that the next album won't be like that.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Been a while since I posted on here but I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Recharged album. When this 'reinterpretation' album was first announced, I was excited although, I was disappointed to know some of the tracks were ones already released during the Living Things subscription pack. I didn't mind too much though as I thought it was good to hear some new remixes of the Living Things tracks. Before my album arrived in the post, I read the reviews on here and got mixed feelings due to it being a mixed bag of opinions. Some hated it and entitled it the "worst record to have Linkin Park's name on it" and others loved it and preferred some of the remixed tracks to the original songs on Living Things. So I went in this with an open mind.

The only track I heard (besides a few of the LT subscription tracks) was A Light That Never Comes, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I think it's interesting to see Linkin Park try various genres; nu-metal, alternative rock, alternative metal, hip-hop, pop, folk, electronic rock, etc. This time it was mainly EDM, dance and hip-hop orientated. It's always interesting to see Linkin Park explore new boundaries and this was another one with Recharged. It was a completely different journey compared to Reanimation and I knew that was going to be the case. As others have stated, this record felt fresh and to be honest, Linkin Park actually fit the genre in my opinion. Their style can fit any genre and Recharged showcases that once again. Some may not like the style of Recharged but it's exciting for me personally to see the band try another direction, to go on a new path even if it's briefly.

Now, I'm not usually a fan of EDM or dubstep minus a few exceptions. I like electronic music and I don't mind dance (I enjoy Pendulum and Innerpartysystem) so I didn't know how I would feel about this album overall. However, after repetitive listens, I thoroughly enjoyed this remix album. Some tracks stand out, others not so much but a lot of it I actually found fresh, new and catchy. I concur with those that state they found some of the remix versions better than the originals on Living Things

The tracks I want to highlight are A Light That Never Comes (Steve Aoki), Castle of Glass, Lost in the Echo, Victimized, I'll Be Gone (Vice remix), Skin to Bone and Lies, Greedy, Misery. These were the standout tracks for me, especially Lost in the Echo, Victimized and I'll Be Gone, which I've had on repeat the most. A Light That Never Comes is a very catchy song, the verses are good and the chorus sticks out. Steve Aoki does a great job on this track, the beats stand out and I love the way they implement the guitars in the third verse. Castle of Glass was a fantastic Mike Shinoda remix, the way the song builds in the final two minutes was an epic way to end the track. I also like the way Mike uses the vocals in this one, especially when Chester sticks out in the chorus in one part and then Shinoda's vocals come in at the end of that leading into the electronic breakdown. Victimized is so glitchy! The beat, the crazy feeling of the whole track, the way Chester's voice overpowers the song and then the awesome glitch breakdown towards the end make this a fantastic track for me.

Lost in the Echo is a fun track to listen to, it does go on a bit and gets repetitive but I loved it. The best part is definitely Chester screaming "I'VE FINALLY LET YOU GO" leading into the dubstep section. The same can be said for Lies, Greed, Misery - it does go on a bit but I like the way they use Chester's screams and the song starts to power up leading into the dubstep section of the track. I'll Be Gone is one of my favourites and I prefer the Recharged version to the Living Things version. It's catchy, it has emotion, the rap verses from Pusha T and Mike add to the song and the build-up to Chester's chorus is very well done. I enjoyed this song from start to finish. Skin to Bone is awesome for two reasons - Ryu's verse and Mike's verse. Ryu hinting at Fort Minor II was a nice little tease and Shinoda was at his best here and pissed off, which I liked.

Overall, this is an enjoyable album. Like I stated prior, I'm not usually a fan of this genre but I liked this album, it felt fresh, it had energy and it was catchy on a lot of the tracks. Some tracks are average or not as good but are still good to listen to here and there. Still, a solid remix album and it actually made me enjoy EDM and dubstep, so that's a positive I guess. Great album.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

^ Cool review friend. Welcome to the club of those of us who enjoyed it :)

20. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Ok album, but highly addictive.

Also, is the "Schoolboy" remix referring to Schoolboy Q? The rapper Mike enjoys and the guy from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis's "White Walls"? If so, can anyone give me a reliable source for it?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013