Recommend some PS2 games

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jul 28, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Next week i'm getting a PS2 and I'd like to know what games are worth buy or renting. I already got in mind to buy Final Fantasy X.

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

Lot's of people said FF7 was good. Haven't tried it though..

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

well, FF7 is for PSOne. I'd like to know some PS2 games....

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

FF7 was for PC only I believe.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

FF7 was for PC only I believe. [/b][/quote]
    It was for PSOne.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Anyway, I recommend LOTR- The Two Towers....awesome game....uhh, lets see, Everquest, Splinter Cell, DBZ Boudakai....ok gotta think some more

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

well, FF7 is for PSOne. I'd like to know some PS2 games.... [/b][/quote]
    Oh, I thought it was for PS2 too. Oh well..

Will

It was for PSOne. [/b][/quote]
    lol.

I have a copy for PC and it says "Only For PC" on it. :lol:

elie

elie Well-Known Member

lol.

I have a copy for PC and it says "Only For PC" on it. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That's funny, considering all my PS crazy friends have it, and GS raves that the Playstation version of this game deserves a 9.5/10. http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Max Payne/Dead To Rights/Hitman 2 if you like action games. You know all about the Grand Theft Auto series too. If you're looking for a sports game, NBA Street is the best. You should also try Metal Gear Solid 2 for strategy/action.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

NBA Street is excellent. I've been playing that game for months (which doesn't usually happen with me, cause I get bored by them after a few weeks and regret buying the product). If you're into sport titles, basketball preferrably, this is the sports-title to choose!

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I've played Max Payne/Dead To Rights/NBA Street/Metal Gear Solid 2/Splinter Cell/Hit Man 2 for Xbox. They are alright... some of them are really good. Don't you guys know any exclusive games for the PS2 to recommend?

I'll also get DBZ: Budokai. and maybe the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! game for the PS2. I'll rent Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City. Are these games really good?

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Yeah, good choices.

and to reitterate, yes, FF7 IS for PC & PSOne....i should know....i have them both :p

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Go for the upcoming SOCOM 2 (or get Socom 1 if you can't wait, i heard it's addictive with that online play for free). Also, you have to get DDR and be a pro. It's fun.

Steph

Steph Ambient

From what I've played so far....It rocks! but the only thing I don't like is the took away from the graphics, to add voices....

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Soon
    Fifa 2004 - Soon
    Final Fantasy XI - Soon (online game)
    Tony Hawks : Underground
    Splinter Cell

Trapt

Trapt Banned

Vice City
    Hitman 2
    State of Emergency
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    NBA Street

You can play the original PS one games on PS2.

Will

Go for the upcoming SOCOM 2 (or get Socom 1 if you can't wait, i heard it's addictive with that online play for free). Also, you have to get DDR and be a pro. It's fun. [/b][/quote]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not so sure it's free. My friend Nate has SOCOM and said he paid for it. :wth:

Edit: The online play, I mean. lmfao.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

MGS2 is more then alright, its a really great game. Try going through the whole game without being caught once, its very hard. I managed to do it until the very end of the snake part..I think thats considerably good with all the cameras and ####.

Here's a tip, use the duck out from corner and aim option with the M9 tranquilizer when the enemy's back is turned and fire one in his upper body. Works really well.

To do it press the button to look around the corner (L2 or R2 depending on which way your facing), then after making sure your actually facing an enemy hit the L1(First person view) button with the M9 and peg a couple rounds in his upper body.

It may seem like common sense but I didnt try it till I played the second time and it helps you out so much, you can get through a mission so much easier when you knock your enemy out. All I gotta say is take huge advantage of hiding places and use your tranquilizer on enemies up ahead as much as possible. I managed to knock out almost all the enemies I came across with this method and it saved me precious time.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

MGS2 is more then alright, its a really great game. Try going through the whole game without being caught once, its very hard. I managed to do it until the very end of the snake part..I think thats considerably good with all the cameras and ####.

Here's a tip, use the duck out from corner and aim option with the M9 tranquilizer when the enemy's back is turned and fire one in his upper body. Works really well.

To do it press the button to look around the corner (L2 or R2 depending on which way your facing), then after making sure your actually facing an enemy hit the L1(First person view) button with the M9 and peg a couple rounds in his upper body.

It may seem like common sense but I didnt try it till I played the second time and it helps you out so much, you can get through a mission so much easier when you knock your enemy out. All I gotta say is take huge advantage of hiding places and use your tranquilizer on enemies up ahead as much as possible. I managed to knock out almost all the enemies I came across with this method and it saved me precious time. [/b][/quote]
    I didn't say it was an alright game, it's one of my favorites. :lol:

Fission Mailed! Fission Mailed!