Reminder: Linkin Park Performing at 2012 Billboard Music Awards Tonight

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Yeah everyones vocals were weird. But great performance. Worth sitting through the downfall of music to see it.

2. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Very awkward performance. If there's one minor complaint I have with LP is that their stage presence is not that great. It has improved over the years, but still needs a bit of work. Chester's weird dance/jumping/clapping thing was not pretty to look at and at the end he kind of rushed towards Delson expecting a high five??? Idk, Mike's delivery was good but it was kind of weird with him being behind the keys and then pointing with this hands and stuff. Not a great performance imo, but they may have been a bit nervous being in front of a national audience after a while. I also expected the song to sound a bit more epic, but Chester's voice was not really at full blast tonight. I'm sure they'll fix those things as the touring cycle nears.

3. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

They played only BID?

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  4. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

@Billboard: "Swizz Beatz sounds AMPED for Linkin Park, and rightfully so! "Burn It Down" has already gone No. 1 on our Rock Songs chart #BBMA"

5. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

Chester is THE stage presence and LP is one of the greatest band live...I don't know what you're talking about.

6. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Just watched the BID live and all I have to say is - EPIC.
    Sounds much better than the album version to me, and i enjoyed Chester Performence, but I understand why everyone's complaining.. and I think it's chester, but the equipment.

7. Rezanator

I happen to disagree. If you're equating Chester Bennington as the very definition of stage presence then I will respectfully and a bit bemusedly disagree with you. They're a great live band no doubt, but this performance left me unimpressed. If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't bother replying. :)

8. street soldier

street soldier Active Member

That was akward

:dafuq:

Did you remember "The Catalyst" Live @ VMAs, 2010?. That was akward!
    The band has improved their live acts a lot over the past 24 months. They aren't newbies anymore, dude!

Solid performance!

9. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

You've seen the band live yourself, correct?

10. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

It's like they lacked energy, idk and Chester was struggling with his voice.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I say it was just the way the recording was mixed. :/

12. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Yeah prob just like this [video=youtube;SxWXK5PNMpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWXK5PNMpg[/video]
    Horrible Audio

13. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

This. In the majority of their performances that are truly live, streamed, ect, Chester always sounds wonky.

14. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

didn't recognize any problems with linkin park's performance but more so the actual sound of the performance. le sigh..... even justin bieber sounded off tonight, too. I don't care for that shit but he sounded really quiet. when you have a performance on a show like this you probably don't have all of your best equipment and more times than naught have to rely on what they have in house and that will make them seem less 'energetic'. I thought chester was chester and mike was more aggressive than he has ever been in the past live performances. this band gives it their all, sadly the production was terrible.

15. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

True, not a great performance. Their stage presence isn't anything significant, but the success of their career speaks volumes. If they tried anything else to up the ante in terms of their stage presence, it could backfire and feel like a gimmick; it almost felt that way with MTM, even though it was just a slight wardrobe change. As such, screw it. The 'weird dance' that you mentioned wasn't anything awkward though, and I think you're being a little nit-picky. They're one of the biggest bands in the industry right now, and have been for most of their careers, Chester dancing around to enjoy himself isn't anything new, nor should it be frowned upon. He's having a good time.

16. Rezanator

The Catalyst performance was awful. Didn't do justice to such an epic song, but I don't necessarily blame band for it. The same thing happened to them tonight. I agree that their live act has improved a ton. Never said they were newbies.

Yes. I've seen them live twice.

17. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah, it happens many times and not only with LP, I wonder how it sounded live in the arena, must've been badass..

18. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

@Rezanator:

I honestly have to agree though. Chester's voice has lost a lot of strength over the past few years and it's pretty much a hit or miss. Tonight's performance wasn't just the mixing - that doesn't affect the pitching. They ARE a great band, but to say they're the best is not true imo. I'd see them live in a heartbeat but they are inconsistent at times (off-key a lot on certain songs like ND and SOTD, forgetting lyrics, etc) and a number of other bands are very consistant with their performances. Brandon Boyd, Jared Leto, Matt Bellamy, M Shadows, etc. for example, are always spot on with pitching.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  19. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. That was a pretty nice performance. There's nothing out of place that would be considered so in a live performance. Naturally, it isn't going to be as polished as a recording is.

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

As I've said before, I really think Delson should be doing all the keyboard stuff and Shinoda should handle the guitar part (à la "Waiting For The End") so he wouldn't have to awkardly rap from behind the keyboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.