Rick Rubin Producing Next Linkin Park Album, Discusses Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

@Minus: I personally think you are one of the best thing ever happen in LPA :awesome:

@Stormwalker: Well, you sounds like you are scared for the label :|. However, don't worry about LP, as Hybrid said, another label will pick them (in case they still need one) and may give them even more freedom (deadline thing).

2. Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

Exactly. I'm wondering how come they talk about growing up and changing everything involves their style in music while in the same time they keep working with the same guy giving them ideas for their songs. Have they ever thought about working with a NEW producer ?
    hmmm :S

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

FTFY.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Holla!

Lol! #winning :awesome:

5. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

At the end of the day, bands have to play the music they want to play. Sure, they could try and write music to please their fans, but if the band isn't feeling it, the music will suffer. Contrived music tends to sound very . . . well . . . contrived. The audience can tell when a band is just going through the motions.

People just think they want Linkin Park to make music like their first two albums. Trust me, people. It's not a good idea. Ever listened to one of those "Fuck yeah, we're going back to our roots!" albums bands release after an experimental phase? It's like listening to a Bad Company cover band on $3 draft night at Willie's Grease Pit: A fucking train wreck.

Don't get me wrong. I can understand why some people don't dig the new tunes (the band's catalog is pretty mixed, anyway). But I'd rather hear a band at least, you know, try some new things instead of acquiescing to their fans and collecting a paycheck.

This is music, not Office Depot.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  6. Minus

Rick Rubin is a pretty fair bet in terms of a producer that doesn't restrict what a band wants to do.

7. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Haha :awesome:. Wait, you are invisible?
    HA!......

8. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

oha. nice discussion we have going on here! just one thing i noticed: in the Kerrang Interview Chester said that the next Record would "polarize" people...i think thats happening as of now! all the different opinions floating around here are pointing that very thing out. plus i have to agree with Minus to a Degree, Meteora was indeed shiat. except 2 songs, but the rest...well, nevertheless: heading out now for the Show tonight. ill see if i can get my mobile internet to work at the arena to post the setlist while it happens on my twitter account: hoffmann_niklas

see you guys tomorrow!

9. Linkin_way

I am 1000000% with you about every single word you just said.

10. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

LP is praying they get dropped from Warner. They'd start making a lot more money and they'd have 100% freedom to do what they want.

And I'm happy to see some The Mars Volta arguments being thrown around. Those guys aren't talked about enough.

11. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

To further illustrate this point:

[​IMG]

12. Minus

Not to copy and paste a post I've already made here but, "So you're saying they should cater to their fans for the money as opposed to making the music they WANT to make and be true to their artistic integrity?"

That doesn't sound like the

*puts on sunglasses*

Linkin_way.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

13. Linkin_way

I like what he said ;)

14. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I'm sure they have thought about it and they've decided that working with Rick Rubin is the best step for them. I don't understand why this idea is so difficult to grasp. Read Derek’s quote below.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

HAHAHAHA. THREAD WIN.

16. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

I might catch hell for this but I would reallly love to hear a harder album, I don't mind softer/mellow songs but I really wish and hope they kick it up a notch with the heavier material...

I know Chester said in an interview I watched that he doesn't feel like screaming anymore, which is fine, but I would love to have some badass breakdowns, more solos, more electronica, I think they could make one hell of a crazy record... I do like ATS, MTM and ATS were overall more non-heavy albums (exceptions for W&K and Blackout)...AND i'm not saying all tracks heavy, just more then what we've been getting

Anyone agree???

17. Minus

If anyone on this thread somehow accurately describes what the new album will sound like, Linkin Park failed at their jobs.

18. lparker55

I don't even know what this means???

Where did that come from? All I'm saying is ME personally as a FAN would like to hear heavier material... Whats the point of these threads, to say something and then have you bash that person for having an opinion... I know plenty of people who have openly told me they wish LP was heavier, not soft/mellow...What's wrong with saying that? I just asked a question to the 25 users on this thread if they would like the album to be heavier thats all...

19. Minus

I bash everyone for having an opinion. Don't feel special. You are not a unique snowflake.

20. lparker55

Thanks for answering my question. I really enjoy the sarcasm. Hope you feel "special" about yourself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.