Rick Rubin Producing Next Linkin Park Album, Discusses Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Just because you haven't heard of them, doesn't mean everyone hasn't. Boyce Avenue is awesome.

2. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

And likewise, just because some people have heard of them doesn't mean they're famous.

3. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Based on the fact that they have played at quite a few sold out shows, I disagree.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I've never heard of them either... Perhaps I had better stick with the Numa Numa guy...

5. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I have to agree with Kathy and Hybrid here. I have always been a fan of huge energetic songs (not necessarily heavy but I do love it...that's how most of us got into LP anyways) and I was indeed looking forward to some crazy electronic song full of energy. In my opinion, probably something like Wretches and Kings. But when I got the album in my hands and started listening to it, you know what eventually became my favorite all time LP song: ROBOT BOY
    Probably the very opposite of what I had been looking forward to. It really opened up my eyes to the idea that even my music tastes are changing, without me even acknowledging it. You have to keep your mind open, you never know what you might like.

6. Hybrid

Yet another reason to love Linkin Park. I feel they've made me more tolerable of different music. :awesome:

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

One doesn't get 8 million hits on youtube without being considered famous.

[youtube]840NbiFF1zM[/youtube]

One doesn't sell out US, European, SE Asian, and Australian tours when they AREN'T famous.

8. Hybrid

Not bad... :)

9. El Muerto

OK, first off, I googled her and she's signed to Interscope, so even if she does sell out real tours with more than 100 people per show, that's not because of youtube but because of the label, so the entire argument about labels being obsolete is invalid.

Btw, going to UK and Germany doesn't count as a real European tour (50 countries in Europe), just like shows in California and Arizona wouldn't be considered a US tour.

edit: and yeah, I'm not saying she's bad, she's pretty decent

10. Minus

She isn't signed to Interscope. If you did your research, you'd see she got signed to Interscope THANKS to a Doritos contest that was voted on purely by her youtube fans.

She left said label and went independent.

[youtube]u3ppHezRkvc[/youtube]

EDIT: In other words, the label did absolutely shit. It was her youtube fans that did all the muscling.

EDIT 2: Her tours aren't just of two countries or two states either, seeing as she's gone coast to coast with tours and was most recently in Amsterdam.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*Eats popcorn* This thread is entertaining.

12. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have put it better myself! You figure anyone who has loved this band sense their beginning fell in love with their sound, their hybrid of material if you will...But it's amazing no matter what they put out, I think I can speak for everyone here on this thread that you either instantly love it or it grows on you...And that my LP friends is the definition of a great band!

13. El Muerto

Ok, if she's not associated with any label and working on her own now, she must be very rich because going on a tour across the globe on your own is fucking expensive.

I'm sure youtube did a lot to help her start her career, but youtube can only take you so far.

14. Minus

Youtube Partners make money off of Youtube hits. She also sells her own albums and merch. I own all of her CDs and have them all autographed.

EDIT: I need to stop posting before I finish my thoughts.

Just imagine, off that one video alone, she has 8.5 million hits. Imagine a deal where say, she receives $0.01 per hit. That's $85,000.

15. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

A 2012 release is realistic. 2013 more likely. Regardless, i'm done following this band's daily lol

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Crazy thing? They offered us money for our Download To Donate video but it was LP so we really couldn't make money off of something that wasn't quite ours. I can't even imagine what money we could've had.

17. El Muerto

I think your're far off with that estimate.

For example, Annoying Orange had 236 million hits and made only $288,000 (2010 data). So that means she only made roughly $9600 from her hits.

http://socialtimes.com/money-youtube-partners_b21335

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  18. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Just what i was thinking.

19. Minus

Well then, based on Kina's 66.8 million total hits (you're comparing your calculations off of one video by Kina compared to a WHOLE CHANNEL by Annoying Orange), she's still made about 81 thousand. On top of that she has album and merch sales, ticket sales, a percentage of sales from collaborations with other artists on their respective channels, and so much more revenue coming in.

This is, of course, just an estimate. You and by association the article linked are assuming the pay because nobody but a partner him/herself knows how much they are getting paid.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out something stated in the article you yourself linked.

20. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Wow, he really is hands-off. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.