RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That second song Paralyzed is the shit.

Linkin Park still has a ton of room to grow. A Thousand Suns was only a couple steps in a more creative direction. The only reason the fans were so polarized/shocked by it was because a lot of Linkin Park fans just listen to stuff like Disturbed or Avenged Sevenfold or stuff like that. Not a lot of variety in a Linkin Park fan's taste in music, more often than not.

And I don't think Linkin Park will ever make another HT/Meteora sounding album, because the guys in the band simply do not like that kind of music. Chester listens to stuff like Cage The Elephant, Crystal Castles, and Amy Winehouse. Mike listens to stuff like The Books and more indie-electronic type stuff. The band members just do not like nu-metal.

2. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's weird, the kind of fans you talk about in your first paragraph strike me as one of two types of "Linkin Park" fans.

There's fans of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Then there are fans of Linkin Park. They're two completely different kind of people in my opinion, which unfortunately often get lumped into the same bracket.

3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Our record is this thread, which hit 1,451 posts.

This thread is our 5th largest news post in terms of posts! Exciting stuff.

4. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

It feels like LP fans are divided, or LP created a civil war between their fans and it will never end, we all debate and argue and fight because of their music
    there was a time when all LP fans were together and never use to argue or fight but it seems like those days are all over, its ridiculous but i guess thats music

5. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Well it's not like there needs to be a so-called civil war between fans. Understandably, some fans only want HT/Meteora style music over and over, whereas other fans just go with the flow. We all need to agree to disagree, but more often than not fans on both sides can say dumb things that spark arguments in the first place.

6. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

True personally i like all of their stuff but i'm not the 1 to say it sucks or its horrible because thats what some fans do, ppl listen to what they like and what they can relate to.

7. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

It's inevitable. The band has changed, their fans have changed -- it's just life, really.

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For me, I listen to a song like Leave Out All The Rest and I can't understand why any Linkin Park fan wouldn't like the direction the band has taken post Meteora. They're so much better at expressing emotion now than they were during the "angsty" days.

9. EVIL_ASH25

EVIL_ASH25 Member

I can't personally understand why LP fans are so divided. I've been a fan since the beginning as in hybrid theory e.p. days and i think as a band they made the smart choice evolving into what they are now . With that said i can't wait for new music.

10. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Like i said people listen to what they like and what they can relate to in life, some ppl can relate to Lp's old stuff and some ppl can relate to their new stuff

11. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

What's incredible is a thread like this usually wouldn't get this many posts since nothing concrete has been made. So when actual big news such as album title comes, just how many posts are there going to be :eek:

12. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

I'm a Linkin Park fan 100% but my favorite album and "era" for LP was Meteora, it was the first album I ever bought with my money. So its almost sentimental. I'm a rock music fan, heavy, fast, fun, etc. When LP changed to Minutes to Midnight, I really enjoyed it. Still fun, but fresh I even loved the soft songs. For some reason when ATS came out, it was so different from what I perceived LP that I never could like it. I tried, lord forbid i know all the lyrics haha. But it for once was forgettable.

I'm hoping with this next song/Album LP takes the creativity from ATS and gives it that 'rock' kick. Which it sounds like they are doing, but time will tell. And like everyone else i'm pumped! There's nothing like the anticipation for a new LP record!

13. Ace_Linkin

Ace_Linkin I Can Count To Potato

^^this^^. Also some people may releate / enjoy Heavier music rather then softer music (m2m, Ats) that goes for the softer side to... Personally I'm a huge fan of linkin park no matter what and will have an open mind with whatever comes next,heavy, soft, screaming, singing , happy, sad etc etc.... I'm down for whatever :)

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is how I've always looked at it too. But I'm also often guilty of lumping them into the same bracket in moments of frustration

15. Zane

I'd actually agree with you for the most part. When I was younger, "numb" was the song that really go me into Linkin Park. I really enjoyed the energy in Meteora and the guitar/synths. But as I grew, I realized how unartistic Meteora was in terms of lyrics and composition. The energy was there and I still enjoy it at times, but the feelings I had as a younger person were no longer there. MTM was a good pop record for me that I enjoyed but lacked the synths and energy. And as a electronic/synthy fan, I fell in love with ATS. Yet I'd still agree that ATS lacked the energy in HT on certain songs but gained leaps in artistic composition, lyrics, and overall musical talent. I enjoyed the energy of the older stuff, but I love the musical approach of ATS. If I had to pick an album I'd still pick ATS before but with LP5, combining the two is just about perfect. ATS composition with HT energy is to me perfect. Plus, I had been growing tired of the more negative lyrics of LP songs and a positive album is just PERFECT for me.

And the funny thing by the way is that you called ATS forgettable yet you know the lyrics by heart :lol:
    Haha, it's okay, LPs still catchy.

16. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I am absolutely in love with ATS. The production on earlier albums doesn't even compare to the complexity of what Mike and Rick did with ATS. The music is just more interesting to me. It created atmospheres and feelings that HT, M, and MTM simply couldn't match. Reanimation, however, was very similar. To me, ATS and Reanimation are my personal favorites. But again, I love everything LP has done. It has been so fun to watch them progress. As I said in earlier post, the number one thing I look forward to with each album release are the "making of" DVDs. I love seeing the music come together almost as much as I love hearing it.

17. Zane

I'd be down with a longer one this cycle. 2 hour making of would be amazing

18. Jason

Oh believe me, me too. Every time I finish watching one, I am always left wanting more. I would pay extra for an extended cut, without a doubt.

19. Zane

MTM's making of was a decent length though the extended version would be great. ATS felt short and not detailed enough.

20. Jason

Couldn't agree more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.